Best Nightlife Options in Shinjuku for Young Guys on the Make

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the best nightlife options in Shinjuku for young guys on the make, with plenty of open spaces for warmer months.
  • Uncover the top spots in Shinjuku for young guys to socialize and meet new people.
  • Explore Shinjuku's vibrant nightlife scene, perfect for young men looking to make connections.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

on the make

(外国人に日本で女性にある方法の紹介文)While there are a lot of places for dates in Shinjuku, the nightlife doesn’t have many options for a young guy on the make and it has a lot more open spaces making it one of the best choices in the warmer months when the weather is good. ここでのon the makeはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、places for datesは「デートする場所」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.2

on the make は俗語で「ナンパするためにうろつく」。 https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=on+the+make これの最初の説明。 新宿にはたくさんのデートのための場所があるのに、夜に若い男一人でナンパのためにうろつくような場所は少なく、天気が良くて暖かい季節にはむしろナンパに良いたくさんのオープンスペースがある。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12101)
回答No.1

>ここでのon the makeはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒熟語で、(1)「(自分の)利益を求めて」、(2)「セックスを求めて」という意味です。本文は、もちろん、後者の意味で用いられています。 >あと、places for datesは「デートする場所」でしょうか? ⇒はい、そのとおりです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• make the break

I have only recently become single again. It was hard to make the break, but much harder trying to make it work. So, as the rush of relief fell over me, I enjoyed being a single, free human being. I ignored every suitor. However, I am now aware that someone I ignored initially, and accidentally, may be interested in me. I only noticed after I found myself attracted—very attracted—to him. It was in the most unusual of places. It was hard to make the breakはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、the most unusual of placesのofはなぜ必要なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• make it a rule to do

make it a rule to doは~することにしている、の変形として make a habit of -ing、have a habit of -ing、 be in a habit of -ing、make a point of -ingなどでも同じ意味を表すとのことなんですが 同じ意味をあらわすのは、他に何かありますでしょうか? 例えば、make it a habit to doとか、have a point of -ingなんかは誤りなんですかね

• 英語の問題

大学の入試問題です。 A: Do you think I could wait a few months before investing? B: Listen, if you invest in this project now, you will really be getting ( ) the ground floor and you will make a lot of money. 選択肢が ア at it in on イ in on it at ウ on at it in エ on it in at get in on the groundという表現がありますが、at itの役割がわからず、答えが選べません。 わかる方、解説をお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳

As in emerging markets without formal financial systems-where investors often lack principal protection, faith in accounting and confidence in government actions-nvestors make their choices purely on the consistency of payments. 以上の英文中,得に最後の,make their choices purely on the consistency of paymentsの意味内容が判然としません。お訳し頂ければ幸いです。お願い申し上げます。

• make it on their own

I dated "Carol" for more than eight years. I loved her and wanted to marry her. The problem was her children (now aged 37 and 42), who have not grown up to be mature adults. Carol knew from the beginning that if we ever broke up, it would be because of them. I spent every weekend with her. The kids had a tendency to go through my personal belongings when we were on a date and when we slept. I had to hide my checkbook, wallet, truck and house keys. Her kids still live there and put forth zero effort to make it on their own. make it on their ownは「自立する」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をおねがいします

長文の途中ですが、訳のとりかたがわからなかったので、 和訳をお願いします(><) The starting point for a better life is discovering that we have choices. Sadly, many people never make that discovery. They live in a country that offers a lot of freedom of choice, yet they live like prisoners, trapped by circumstances. I'm always amazed at some of the excuses people come up with for not taking advantage of life's opportunities to make new choices: not enough money, no time, wrong conditions, poor luck, lousy weather, too tired, bad mood, and the list gose on. But the truth is that they just don't see their choices. It's like being locked up somewhere and having a key in your pocket that'll set you free, but never using it simply because you don't know it's there. You have more choices than you ever dreamed possible. The key is knowing that they're there―every day of your life. We live by choice, not by chance. It isn't what happens that's most important. It's how we deal with what happens. It's what we choose to think and we choose to do that are most important.

• 前置詞についてよく分かりません。

What time can I make a reservation for? のforは、なぜいるのですか? 「何時に」という意味でatがつくなら分かるのですが… もうひとつ疑問詞の前に前置詞がつく場合もよく分かりません。 For what night? On what dates? On which airline? これらは疑問詞以下の文は省略されているんですか? 例えばWhat dates will you come here on? を省略してOn what dates? としてると思ってるんですが、その場合だとFor what night?がよく分かりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• on the wall? at the wall?

ご覧いただきありがとうございます。 早速ですが質問です。 She is putting a lot of posters ( ) the walls of her room (1)at (2)by (3)in (4)on 上の問題なんですが、(2)と(3)は除外できますが、なぜ(1)が×になるのか分かりません。 atも一応【場】を示すところなので正解だと思うのですが....

• 【.....on you.】の訳し方を教えて下さい

it's not a good idea to carry a lot of cash on you. 訳)あまりお金を持ち歩くとあぶないもんね。 You have plenty of money on you, huh? 訳)たくさんお金を持っているでしょう? となっていますが、最後のon youの意味が良く分かりません。 辞書でonを見てみましたが、どれにも該当しないような気がします・・・ よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします(長文です)

When Anne-Marie Slaughter wrote “Why Women Still Can’t Have It All” for The Atlantic, many (online and off) responded with an objection to the phrase. Men don’t have it “all,” either. We all make choices. Professor Slaughter responded, in The Atlantic online, that in some ways, she agrees: Rebecca Traister has convinced me to stop using the term “having it all,” in a thoughtful and quite brilliant piece she wrote for Salon arguing that the term makes women seem “piggy” and elitist. For my generation, women who came of age in the 1970s and entered the workforce in the 1980s, “having it all” simply meant that women should be able to have both careers and families in the same measure and to the same degree that men do. But what if “having it all” in this context means that both mothers and fathers should be able to have careers and families in the same measure and to the same degree — in the same family? Call it “having more.” Yes, parents of both sexes make choices. What’s troubling is the degree to which those choices still tend to be mutually exclusive (one career parent, one sidelined); the way those choices still tend to shake out by gender; and the way societal assumptions we never question support that shakeout. We make “choices” to accommodate those assumptions, and those are the choices we shouldn’t have to make. Consider the most basic problem for working parents: school. Even ignoring sick days and vacation, there’s a disconnect between school hours and work hours in any full-time job. We’ve accepted, and even internalized, the need to paper over that disconnect because having children is a choice (we ignore the fact that it’s a choice society needs some people to embrace). Having made their bed, parents are expected to lie in it — or at least toss in it, sleepless, and struggling with the next level of choices: who is on duty from 3 on, how, and for how much? これで1/3なんです・・・ 英語が苦手でこまっています。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。