Can You Afford to Evacuate? The Price of Safety during Hurricanes

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Evacuating during hurricanes is often overlooked as a financial burden that not everyone can afford.
  • While some may assume that evacuating is as simple as filling up the car and leaving town, the reality is that it's a luxury that many cannot afford.
  • As storms and fires continue to grow in size, it's crucial to consider the financial implications of evacuating for one's safety.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

One of the things we never talk about during hurricanes is can you afford to evacuate? People seem to think that getting in the car filling it full of gas grabbing all your stuff and leaving town is something that everyone can afford to do and that's just not the case. Evacuating is expensive. It's a luxury. Running for your life is out of some people's reach. Think about that going forward. Bigger storms bigger fires. Hurray.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12101)
回答No.2

前便で雑な訳をしてしまいました。訂正して再送いたします。 ハリケーンの間に我々が決して話さないことの1つは、「あなたは避難(疎開)する余裕がありますか?」ということです。 車にものをいっぱい積み込み、車のガソリンを満タンにして、家族総出で町を離れることは誰にでもできる、と人は考えるようですが、実際はそうならないのです。 避難(疎開)するとなると、それは高くつきます。それはぜいたくというものです。生きるために(家を捨てて)遁走するなんて、誰でもできるようなことじゃありません。 そんな風にして飛び出すことを考えてみてください。さらに大きな嵐、さらに大きな火事に出会ってしまうのです。(そうなるともう)お手上げです。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12101)
回答No.1

ハリケーンの間に我々が決して話さないことの1つは、あなた避難する余裕があるか、です。 人々は、車にものをいっぱい積み込み、ガソリンを満タンにして、家族総出で町を離れることは誰でもできると思われるようだが、そうはいかないんだ。 避難は高くつく。それはぜいたくというものだ。命のために走るなんて、誰の手にも届くことじゃない。 このまま行くしかないことを考えてみてくれ。大嵐だ、大火事だ。バンザイ(お手あげ)だ。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The song is about organized religion. About people who tell others what to do and what to believe. They switch off people's minds and control the masses. It gives me a feeling of isolation, when I think about it. Organized religion does not view everyone as equals.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

But at this phase of my life, I want to write and not have to think about whether a song is going to be a hit. I want to explore the music that inspires me, and I don't want to ape myself.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bassist Robert DeLeo recently spoke to Bill Bodkin of Pop-Break.com about the band's decision to fire its former lead singer, Scott Weiland, and join forces with LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington. "When you're a band that's had a career like we've had and you're considering terminating your singer, people kinda react to that like 'riiiiight' [because] I think with any band that's the person [the lead singer] people relate to the band," he said. "I felt that over time, it wasn't really about the music anymore. It was, for live purposes, the novelty of what condition Scott was going to be in. It gets very frustrating to have to be in that position with someone over that amount of years."

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

"Sex Type Thing", according to Weiland, deals with abuse of power, "macho" behavior, and humanity's attitude toward women, treating them as sex objects. "Naked Sunday", according to Weiland, "is about organized religion. About people who tell others what to do and what to believe. They switch off people's minds and control the masses. It gives me a feeling of isolation, when I think about it. Organized religion does not view everyone as equals." ※ 『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『Sex Type Thing』『Naked Sunday』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Obviously the choice is Scott's and Scott's alone (I know from being around people with similar problems), but he needs to get away from any possible enablers. The Memorial section on this website is too full, and it just pains me to even think about the worst happening. Not only is Scott one of the best singers of the past 20 years, but more importantly he has children and that takes precedence over anything else. We all want to see Scott happy and conquer his darkness once and for all. ※『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 英語の翻訳をお願い致します‼

毎度申し訳ないですが、英語の得意な方、こちらの翻訳お願いできますでしょうか。宜しくお願い致します‼ Don't try so hard. I want you to enjoy your time when your bit working and take care if your horse. In happy the way you can speak english now. I think of you too and think if the happy day we spent together. I don't ever think about your english is bad so don't worry!!

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

I mean, visually, onstage, I kind of liken myself to a disco-dancing Frank Sinatra – a cross between Perry Como and John Travolta.” Robert DeLeo also added, regarding the comparisons of STP to Seattle bands, “People get so shallow, thinking that you grabbed your influences from the bands that are out now. Wouldn't anybody stop to think that we're all the same age and we all grew up on the same kind of music?” Dean DeLeo joked in a May 1993 Metal Hammer Germany interview, “We're planning to go on tour with Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains, so people can compare us immediately.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots’DeLeo brothers were interviewed on WJRR a few days ago. Robert DeLeo discussed STP's departure from Atlantic Records: “We were on Atlantic for 20 years, it was an honor. You think Atlantic Records, you think of Ahmet Ertegun, you think of all of the R&B they did, you think of the Stones, Zeppelin, and Yes. All these great bands and all this great legacy of what Atlantic entailed. It was an honor to be on that label. But I think as time has gone by, the music business is different now, I think there's more freedom to do what you really want to. What we want to do is get the music directly to the people to buy, that's really the intention here.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Tommy stated that "'NO BLACK' is a song about people allowing all their innocence and purity to be lost from their lives." ※Tommyは人名であり、NO BLACKは曲のタイトルです。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots’ DeLeo brothers were interviewed by Banana 101.5 and for the first time they candidly discussed their decision to fire Scott Weiland. Below are some excerpt quotes from the interview regarding Weiland: Robert: “…that kind of led us … I think you get to a point in your life where your BS meter starts running down to a certain kind of tolerance. It wasn't just a musical decision or a business decision it was a quality of life decision and that really what it's about…” Dean: “We want to be able to fulfill our commitment through the band too. Robert, Eric and I, we want to be able to come to town and give you everything we've got and it was getting to a point where we were unable to do that. Robert: “We're gonna be able to do material that we weren't able to do and I think from seeing what you saw with Scott — I think you know what I mean. We're gonna be able to perform stuff that we've been dying to perform for a long time.”