• ベストアンサー

教えてください

(pack ratの説明)We also say pack rat. This is someone who doesn't throw things away, holds on to unnecessary things. Thisの部分はThatやItでも良いでしょうか?何か違いは出るでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。Thisの部分はThatやItでも良いでしょうか?  文法的に問題はありませんが。ちょっと「あれ、どれ?」と読者は思うでしょう。 2。何か違いは出るでしょうか? this は、日本語の「これ」に似て、近いものを指します。ここででは pack rat と言う新語を出したすぐ後なので「今言ったのは」と言う感じです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• There are many things those we woul

There are many things those we would throw away, if we were not afraid that others might pick them up.訳が分かる方おねがいします。

• 12/9(火)米国防長官に「何を言っているか分からない」賞

ラムズフェルド氏が以下の文で「何を言っているか分からない」賞を受けたそうです。 「我々が知っている、と我々が知っていることがある。知らない、と知られていることがあることも知っている。つまり、知らないことがあることを我々は知っている。知らない、ということを知らないこともある」 'Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know.' 何が動詞か、名詞か、過去分詞かがさっぱり分からないのですが、文法的に解説して頂けませんか?例えば known は辞書では過去分詞ですが、knowns は名詞として使われていますか?沢山の (un)known が出てきますが、どの語を修飾しているのか、また修飾されている語は何なのか、見分けがつきません。省略されている語や節(thatやwhat)もあるように思いますが、それも教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• There will always be

A: There will always be things that throw a spanner into the works. You just have to get through them. B It will be harder for someone who already has spanners in the works. こちらの会話の訳を教えていただけますか? どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳お願いします

They say that good things come to those who wait. 友達から送られてきたのですが、意味がわかりません。 そうかお願いします。

• 麻生前首相を漫画ばっかり読んでいるバカと非難する人

麻生前首相を漫画ばっかり読んでいるバカと非難する人をよく出会うが、この批判はつまり漫画を読んでいる人は全員バカだと言うことなのだろうか? 社会カテゴリー皆さんの ご回答のほど、 お待ちしております。 I often encounter someone who accuses former Prime Minister Aso as a fool who reads manga only, but is this criticism say that everyone who reads manga is stupid? Social Category All of you As you answered, We'll be expecting you.

• thatについて

There many people, including myself, who are quite queasy about the consequences of this technology for the future. We are talking about changing so many things that the risk of society handling it poorly through lack of preparation is very large. We are talking about changing so many things that the risk of society...のthatは同格「~ということ」のthatですか?

• That’s big of him.

Q: Invalid Marriage: We recently found out that my “husband” is still married to his first wife. I feel like a fraud and want to get an annulment. My “husband” feels like it’s no big deal. It’s a big deal to me. What say you, Prudence? A: Someone who marries his second wife while still married to his first wife is someone who would say bigamy is no big deal. That’s big of him. That’s big of him.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 短い英文の和訳お願いします!!

I have learned that we humans tend to be happier when we are where we belong rather than trying to be someone that is not really who we are. 確認したいのでよろしくお願いします!

• 次の英文訳って・・・

初歩的な質問で恐縮です。以下の英文は何と訳せばいいのでしょうか? What three examples does Maiku give of things that people buy that 'say something about who you are'? give of things ... about who you are の部分が一番解釈しにくい です。 英文解釈が得意な方いましたら、ご教授願います。

• "touch"の訳し方がわかりません

As he said many times, in many parts of this nation, to those he touched and who sought to touch him: 'Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not. ここで"touch"はどう訳せばいいのでしょう?「触れる」「触る」ではおかしいですか? 新訳聖書で、イエスが病人に触れたら癒された、という記述がありますが、それを暗に意識した文なのでしょうか?穿った見方でしょうか?