• 締切済み

翻訳をお願い致します。

During Bono's teenage years the Seven Towers housing project was in place, which relocated families to the Ballymun flats. "They were very unhappy, they were angry, they were annoyed, these were the people we would meet as young teenagers," he said. "A lot of my early memories of teenage years were of violence, and the sheer fear of leaving the house, going to catch the bus," he added. "That [song] has all the dignity of that neighbourhood. Some dark characters indeed, but the general decency of people, the goodness, is in [the] guitar solo. I couldn't have achieved that," he told music podcast Song Exploder.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

ボノがティーンエイジャーの時にSeven Tower 住宅プロジェクトが着手され、それによって家族たちはBallymun 共同住宅への引っ越しを余儀なくされた。 「彼らはすごく不幸で、怒っていて、困惑していた。彼らは僕が若いティーネージャーとして出会うことになる人たちだったんだ。」と語った。 「ティーネージャーの早い時期の多くの記憶は、暴力的なもので、家を出ていくことの純粋な恐れであり、そしてバスに乗りこんでいく」と続けた。 「あれ(あの曲)はその隣人たちに全ての敬意を込めているんだ。ギターのソロでは実際暗い部分もあるが、全体的な人々の品格や善良さが表現されている。(あの経験がなければ)表現できなかっただろうね」と彼はポッドキャストの音楽番組、Song Exploderに語った。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

"When I was writing about Cedarwood, the big revelation for me was that you can't really leave these things behind because they are who you are, you can never escape your upbringing." When asked for his favourite part of the song, Bono chose The Edge's guitar solo. The Edge added: "Bono loved the solo idea, and later on in the process of recording he couldn't help himself, he started singing over it."

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

U2 frontman Bono has said the local violence and "sheer fear" of his teenage years in North Dublin helped to inspire his music and influenced the songwriting process behind the band's track Cedarwood Road. The 55-year-old singer, real name Paul Hewson, who was raised on Cedarwood Road in Glasnevin, said he used his teenage experiences of his hometown to compose the track for U2's current album Songs of Innocence.

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

“My life changed when I met him, but it was a slow kind of thing, it wasn’t like an overnight rich thing. He didn’t have a lot of friends in his life, it was very sad. That’s another alcoholic addict thing, he was very isolating, he liked to isolate. So he knew my brother, they were in rehab together, and that’s where I first met him. Then he was in rehab with my brother again two years later. It’s not that crazy statistically if you realize how many rehabs he had been to. So the second time he ended up in rehab with my brother, we were like family. That’s when he asked me to come work at the studio.” “He was just a nicer guy, he was more himself I think, more the real guy. I think he just slowly changed over time. Everyone changes over time, but he lost some of his warmth I think.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Bono said that the culture he grew up in during the Seventies not only defined him, but also the music he would go on to create. "Myself and my friends dealt with the kind of skinhead, boot boy culture of the time by creating our own reality, and eventually our own rock and roll band. That's how we dealt with the fear that we felt," he said.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Q:Why do people contribute to campaigns? A:People contribute to campaigns for many reasons, but usually it's because they want to be involved in what the campaign is doing or because they want the perks that are part of the campaign.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

He continued: "Chester was really the only person we thought of having come in. He was a fan of STP and when we talked to him his full idea was 'If we're going to do this, I want to do this honoring the past but moving forward in a direction with contributing something valid to music.' That's where we really agreed in the utmost — having that sentiment of moving forward. "There's a lot of songs that I'm really anxious to play, especially with someone who can sing those songs and perform those songs the way they were written.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

With STONE TEMPLE PILOTS moving full steam ahead on a new EP and a full slate of fall tour dates with new singer Chester Bennington, The Pulse Of Radio asked guitarist Dean DeLeo how the group chose the LINKIN PARK frontman for the job in the first place. "We simply did not have a list of guys we were thinking of, we didn't hold auditions, we thought of Chester and that was it," he said. "It's very interesting, honestly, because Chester told me a story that when he was dating his wife about nine years ago, he told her that one day he was gonna get a call from us to be the singer of this band."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Years ago Weiland and Patrick were friends, bonding on the Family Values Tour over a decade ago. Patrick went on to perform in the short lived supergroup Army of Anyone with the DeLeo brothers from 2005-2007. Weiland has admitted to struggling with alcoholism in the last 5-6 years after a few years of being clean and sober. Patrick had his own struggles with drugs and alcohol in the past, but he has been clean and sober for nearly 11 years. ※ 『Filter』『Army of Anyone』はバンド名で、『Richard Patrick』『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more wars.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The song gets its name and story from the street Bono grew up on, but it began — like many U2 tracks — with a guitar riff the Edge came up with at home. In speaking about these initial steps, the Edge noted he sketches songs on GarageBand and works with drum loops Larry Mullen Jr. recorded for the demo process. "My job is to find a way to inspire Adam and Larry and Bono, so I don't often care to finish out a piece fully," the Edge said. "I just want to get something down that I think is a great starting point and then I know that whatever I come up with, they'll come up with something better. So I just need to get it going where its identity is clear and it's got some kind of vitality and point of view that's interesting."