正しい英和翻訳とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 質問文章の英和翻訳についての正確性を確認してください。
  • 英文をより自然な日本語に書き直し、難しい文章を分かりやすくする方法について教えてください。
  • 黙秘権の誤解を解くために、黙秘権の真の意味とは何かについて解説してください。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この英和翻訳は正しいですか(2文章)

頑張った翻訳したけど、かなり難しい文章です。もっと自然な日本語に書き直してくれたら嬉しい! ーーーーーーーーーーーーーー “Too many, even those who should be better advised, view this privilege as a shelter for wrongdoers. They too readily assume that those who invoke it are either guilty of crime or commit perjury in claiming the privilege.” ーーーーーーーーーーーーーー あまりにも多くな人、賢明な人でも、黙秘権は悪用者の避難所として見られる。彼らは黙秘権を行使する者は有罪か偽証かのどちらかであると仮定する。  

noname#229141
noname#229141
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.4

Part (1) > would this work > BEFORE ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー 裁判所は黙秘権の基本的な役割の一つが、曖昧な状況に陥しいれられかねない無実の人を保護することにある、と強調した。 AFTER ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー 裁判所は黙秘権の基本的な役割の一つが、それがなければ曖昧な状況で罠に落ちるかもしれない無実の人々を保護することにある、と強調した。 My Suggestion: 裁判所は黙秘権の基本的な役割の一つが、それがなければ曖昧な状況の「中で罠にはまる」かもしれない無実の人々を保護することにある、と強調した。 Part (2) Just a slight change: 「あまりにも多くの人、思慮深い人でさえも、黙秘権という特権「を」犯罪者の逃げ場として見ている。彼らは黙秘権を行使する者は有罪或いは偽証罪の対象である、とためらうことなく決めつけてかかる。 」 p.s. What do you mean by "hired" ? Does it mean "high" and "tired" at the same time?

noname#229141
質問者

補足

You really are fantastic... the changes you made are absolutely 100% perfect. Thanks a lot !!! Your input has been extremely appreciated. 'hired'.. I think you are talking about the other day when I wrote something like. 'You are so hired'. Well that was an extreme complement. It meant that your comments/corrections are so worthy that you should be getting paid. If you are talking about something else please let me know. *If I don't hear back in a day or so I'll close this off giving you 'best answer' of course!! Thanks again! :o)

その他の回答 (3)

• cbm51901
回答No.3

> Do you think, 例え中 ...たとしても is correct? 思慮深い人も中にはいる筈であるにもかかわらず、あまりにも多くの人が、黙秘権という特権を犯罪者の。。。 Despite that there should be those who ought to be better educated among them, too many, view this privilege ..... might be better.

noname#229141
質問者

補足

What you wrote looks close however I think it's just a tad off. It's the 'better educated' that's throwing me. Here's the original part of the sentence ----------------- Too many, even those who should be better advised, ----------------- Okay I'm going to re-write it in English because it's above my Japanese level. ---------------------------- Too many people, even the people who should know better, あまりにも多くの人、思慮深い人でさえも、黙秘権という特権は犯罪者の逃げ場として見ている。彼らは黙秘権を行使する者は有罪或いは偽証罪の対象である、とためらうことなく決めつけてかかる。   This one's too hard for me....

• cbm51901
回答No.2

>I get the feeling that 保護する has more the feeling of "protecting something", and 守る has the feeling of "protecting someone". Is that correct or am I way off? I would say they are interchangeable. For example: The police may protect the victim (被害者を保護する). You might want to protect the constitution (憲法を守る). For use as an adjective, 「保護」is more suitable 保護フィルム (protective film) 保護者 (guardian) 保護ヘルメット (protective helmet) etc.

noname#229141
質問者

お礼

I should have asked this before but would this work ENGLISH ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー The Court has emphasized that one of the Fifth Amendment's basic functions is to protect innocent persons who might otherwise be ensnared by ambiguous circumstances. ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー BEFORE ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー 裁判所は黙秘権の基本的な役割の一つが、曖昧な状況に陥しいれられかねない無実の人を保護することにある、と強調した。 AFTER ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー 裁判所は黙秘権の基本的な役割の一つが、それがなければ曖昧な状況で罠に落ちるかもしれない無実の人々を保護することにある、と強調した。

noname#229141
質問者

補足

That's really easy to understand, thanks for explaining.

• cbm51901
回答No.1

例え中に思慮深い人がいたとしても、あまりにも多くの人が、黙秘権という特権を犯罪者の逃げ場として見ている。彼らは黙秘権を行使する者は有罪或いは偽証罪の対象である、とためらうことなく決めつけてかかる。

noname#229141
質問者

補足

Thanks!! Do you think, 例え中 ...たとしても is correct? I mean, doesn't it mean 'lots of people, including the smart ones'... Here I'll re-phrase and simplify the English: Too many people, including the educated, view the right to remain silent, as a law that protects criminals. (put extra commas in for clarity) Your second sentence really does grab the meaning nicely !! thanks!

関連するQ&A

• 英和翻訳は正しいかどうか 1文章

下記の日本語は正しくない場合、訂正してくれますか? ーーーーーーーーーーーーー Again (to repeat) according to the suspect's statement above,「・・・・」 ーーーーーーーーーーーーー 再び上記の被疑者供述によて、「・・・・」。 ーーーーーーーーーーーーー

• 英和翻訳(1文章をお願いします)

下記に一文章を付け加えた(3番)英語はこちら ------------ 3. To reduce or eliminate improper lengthy detentions ------------ 下記の3番の日本語はどうですか?間違えがあれば書き直しくれますか? ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー 受理願い(申立理由) 1. 無実の人(被疑者)を保護するため 2. 人権の改善に資する良い判例を得るため 3. 不正な長い拘留を減らすか、又はなくすため 4. 日本の冤罪問題の大幅な解決を実現するため

• 英和文章 どうすればいい

これは分かりにくいですか? The police knowingly force and accept a false confession 警察は意図して自白を強要し、受け入れた。

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

Whoever has to deal with young children soon learns that too much sympathy is a mistake. Children readily understand that an adult who is sometimes a little stern is best for them; their instinct tells them whether they are loved or not, and from those whom they feel to be affectionate they will put up with whatever strictness results from genuine desire for their proper development. できるだけ丁寧にしていただけると嬉しいです。 用法や、構文の解説をよろしくお願いします。

• 英和翻訳

これは可笑しい日本語ですか?自然な書き方は何ですか? ------------------------------------------- 4 distinct violations of the law 4つの異なる法律違反 -------------------------------------------

• 英和翻訳

ミランダ対アリゾナ州事件の引用を翻訳したいです。→書き直すことはできますか。。。よろしくお願いします。 “If the individual indicates, prior to or during questioning, that he wishes to remain silent, the interrogation must cease; if he states that he wants an attorney, the questioning must cease until an attorney is present.” ↓ ↓ 「尋問の前か途中で、個人が沈黙を守りたいとの希望を表明した場合、その取り調べを中止しなければならない;弁護人が欲しいと述べた場合は、弁護士がいなくなるまで尋問を中止しなければならない。」

• 英和翻訳

訂正必要であれば、日本語を書き直すことはできますか? The State party should amend its Code of Criminal Procedure to ensure full conformity. 条約国は、順守できるように刑事訴訟法を改正するべきである。

• 短い英和翻訳を願いします!

正しい日本語は何ですか? Audio Record of Proceedings ↓ ↓ 公判調書録音体

• 英和翻訳を直したい

この翻訳はもっと正しくしたい。。。英語の意味は、書いたものだけではなく、録音、ビデオなども含めています。どんなふうに直すばいいですか The right to access public court records. 公判記録の閲覧権利。

• 英和翻訳をお願いします

私の日本語を書き直してくれますか?よろしくお願いします ---------------- You may argue that this is Japan and a Japanese law however that is incorrect. Although written in the Japanese constitution, the “the right to remain silent” came from common law. In other words, it wasn't debated and created by the courts of Japan. Instead it was forced into the constitution after the war by the foreign ruling authority of Japan. ---------------- これは日本の法律だと主張するかもしれないが、それは正しくない。黙秘権は日本国憲法に書かれているが、コモンローから来ています。つまり、黙秘権は日本の裁判所によって論議し制定されていないではなく、戦後外国の支配下で黙秘権は日本国憲法に課された。