ドイツの住宅地で車を使わないライフスタイルが広まっています

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ドイツの住宅地、VAUBANでは、住民たちは車を手放し、新しいライフスタイルを築いています。
  • 車を手放したことにより、住民たちはよりリラックスして生活できるようになりました。
  • 自転車の音や子供たちの笑い声が響く緑豊かな道路を歩くことが当たり前となっています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

次の英文が訳せなくて困っています

下記の英文のwhereの使い方が難しく、うまく訳せなくて困っています。 どう訳せばいいのかお聞きしたいです。また、どういった文法のルールを使っているのか、ということも、よろしければ今後の勉強のためにお聞きたいです。 元記事がこちらです。内容はドイツの車を使わなくなった街の話です http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/12/science/earth/12suburb.html 本文の一段落目と三段落目を抜き出したものです。  VAUBAN, Germany — Residents of this upscale community are suburban pioneers, going where few soccer moms or commuting executives have ever gone before: they have given up their cars. “When I had a car I was always tense. I’m much happier this way,” said Heidrun Walter, a media trainer and mother of two, as she walked verdant streets where the swish of bicycles and the chatter of wandering children drown out the occasional distant motor.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

最初の whereは地理的な場所じゃなくて心の中の場所。日本語では境地が似てますがそこまで大げさじゃないまでも心の持ち様、考えた末の結論みたいな感じ。 次の whereは普通に場所。 Residents of this upscale community are suburban pioneers, going where few soccer moms or commuting executives have ever gone before: they have given up their cars. 「この裕福なコミュニティーの住人は郊外のパイオニアです。サッカーマムや会社に勤務する役員たちがかつて思いもしなかった考えに至ったのです。車に乗らないことにしたのです。」 サッカーマムと言うと子供たちを乗せてお弁当と着替えと一眼レフのカメラをミニバンに乗せて試合場に運転していくイメージがあるし、会社のExecutiveはベンツなど高級車で通勤するのが当たり前のステータスと思います。 “When I had a car I was always tense. I’m much happier this way,” said Heidrun Walter, a media trainer and mother of two, as she walked verdant streets where the swish of bicycles and the chatter of wandering children drown out the occasional distant motor. 「"車があった時はいつも緊張していました。今のこの状態の方がずっと良いですね。"と報道の教育担当で二人の子供の母親のハイドルム ワルテルは、遠くにしかモーターの音が聞こえず自転車のシュッと言う音と走り回る子供たちの話し声が聞こえる緑豊かな道を歩きながら、語りました。」

関連するQ&A

• わからない英文があります

"I have sort of a fluctuating, wandering eye type of relationship with makeup – sometimes I become fixated on trying new products, and then I’ll go weeks at a time using the exact same five. And then there’s the massive stockpile underneath the sink I dive into now and then (last investigation turned up some Cargo bronzer I decided to re-love for a couple weeks)." -wandering eye type of relationship with makeup -I'll go weeks at a time using the exact same five -I dive into now and then -last investigation turned up some Cargo bronzer この4つの文の意味を教えてください。

• 次の英文の翻訳をおねがいします。

I have always taken for granted that pockets are places to put things into, and have stuffed my pockets with anything that would go into them―books, newspapers, letters, pipes, pouches, cigarettes, match-boxes, and so forth. Yet even as a boy I was discouraged from making this, as it seems to me, natural use of my pockets. I was told that, if you put things into your pockets, you spoilt the shape of your suit. This seems to me as ridiculous as it would be to say that, if you put potatoes into a sack, you spoil the shape of the sack.

• 次の英文でふたつ質問です。。

In rural Brazil, millions of citizens do not have electricity, and the lack of necessary infrastructure has limited efforts to provide it. In 1992, an energy agency from the U.S. developed a joint project with two Brazilian states to install 800 household solar electrical systems and train local personnel to service them. 長文の二段落目なのですが、このeffortは努力という意味ではなくて、仕組みとか作動力とかという意味でいいのでしょうか。 また、service themのthemはcitizenでいいのですよね?段落をまたがって前の段落の何かを指すということはないですよね?

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

Additionally, Germany and France have been the drivers of a more united Europe. That was the lofty ambition championed in the 1980s and 1990s by Germany's Helmut Kohl and France's Francois Mitterrand — continental Europe's dominant leaders of that era. They shared a common vision of using economic unity as a safeguard against another tragedy like the Second World War. But in this era where the global economy makes countries interdependent as never before, some have begun to question whether Europe needs such rigid economic ligatures to ensure that the continent never again plunges into war.

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いします。

次の英文の和訳をお願いします。 I've worked with hundreds of people with troubled relationships, and practically every one of them has made the same mistake of arguing a the "truth.” This strategy never helped anyone resolve a problem. When you feel upset, you will have a tremendous urge to explain why your ideas and feelings are valid. Don't do it! You will have a tremendous urge to defend yourself and argue. Don't do it! What usually happens when you try to point out the truth to someone? When you argued and got defensive, did your spouse ever stop arguing and say, "Thank you, thank you for opening my eyes. I see now where I was so wrong?" The key to resolving an argument is often to back off and try a different approach.The bottom line is that you must never defend the "truth!" Your "truth is your enemy! When you give up the idea that you have a monopoly on the truth and you try to understand the other person's point of view, you will find that people will be much more willing to listen to you and to understand your own point of view. 長くなってしまいましたが、よろしくお願いします m(__)m

• 次の英文を訳してください。

How do you stand the hardest part of running marathon? Many say that life is like marathon. Do you think that you can deal with the crisis in your life thanks to marathon? By the way corresponding with penpals, the reason I feel like I have difficulty writing is not because of my English. It is because the moment I cannot come up with anything I have to reply. Honestly speaking I am not a talkative person, but I try to talk more when writing. Nice and slow conversations are hard to come by, and the form of letter writing does put in a lot into thinking about what the other person has to say and how to respond. この二つが何となくはわかるのですが、自信がありません。教えていただけると助かります。

• 次の英文を和訳してほしいです。

Because some of the intermediate products in the uranium decay series have very long half-lives (see Table 23.3), this series is particularly suitable for estimating the age of rocks in the earth and of extraterrestrial objects. この英文を和訳してほしいです。

• 次の英文をどなたか和訳してください

I am sure that from these youngsters whom I have met will come our “Babe” Ruths, Eddi Collinses and Frank Bakers of future Base-ball; our Brickleys, Eddie Caseys, Ted Coys, Howard berrys of Football; Dick Williams and Maurice McLoughlines of the coming years in Tennis.

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いします。

次の英文の和訳をお願いします。 1.A census is an official record of who lived where on a given date.There have been censuses in the UK since 1801 and the information recorded has increased over time. 2.The guide telks you that when Michelangelo had finished this statue of Moses he was so thrilled by the figure he had created that, feeling it must come to life, he struck it on the knee with his hammer and commanded,"stand up!"

• 次の英文で、whoを受ける動詞はどれですか?

Since the Fukushima accident we have seen a stream of experts on radiation telling us not to worry, that the doses are too low, that the accident is nothing like Chernobyl and so forth. They appear on television and we read their articles in the newspapers and online. Fortunately the majority of the public don’t believe them. I myself have appeared on television and radio with these people; one example was Ian Fells of the University of Newcastle who, after telling us all on BBC News that the accident was nothing like Chernobyl (wrong), and the radiation levels of no consequence (wrong), that the main problem was that there was no electricity and that the lifts didn’t work. “ If you have been in a situation when the lifts don’t work, as I have” he burbled on, “you will know what I mean.” You can see this interview on youtube and decide for yourself. What these people have in common is ignorance. You may think a professor at a university must actually know something about their subject. But this is not so. Nearly all of these experts who appear and pontificate have not actually done any research on the issue of radiation and health. Or if they have, they seem to have missed all the key studies and references. I leave out the real baddies, who are closely attached to the nuclear industry, like Richard Wakeford, or Richard D as he calls himself on the anonymous website he has set up to attack me, “chrisbusbyexposed”. Ian Fells of the University of Newcastle whoとありますが、whoを受ける動詞はどれですか? telling us all on BBC News とありますが、tellingの目的節がthat以下になって最後のthatはand that になるはずと思うのですが、どうもそのようになってない。and that the lifts didn’t workのand that は the main problem was に対するthatですよね? 最後に、liftと“chrisbusbyexposed”の意味が分かりません。