The Importance of Pockets and the Ridiculousness of Suit Shape

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the significance of pockets and their purpose in our lives. Find out how pockets have been used since childhood, storing various items such as books, newspapers, letters, and more. Despite being discouraged from utilizing pockets fully, learn why it is a natural and practical habit. Understand the illogical argument that putting things in pockets ruins the shape of suits, as absurd as claiming potatoes ruin the shape of a sack.
  • Unveiling the Beauty of Pockets: A Tribute to Practicality and Convenience
  • Explore the true essence of pockets and their invaluable role in our daily lives. From childhood to adulthood, pockets have been our loyal companions, holding everything from books to matchboxes. Understand the misguided notion that filling pockets ruins the shape of our attire. Embrace the uniqueness and usefulness of pockets, just like a sack holds potatoes without ruining its form.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

次の英文の翻訳をおねがいします。

I have always taken for granted that pockets are places to put things into, and have stuffed my pockets with anything that would go into them―books, newspapers, letters, pipes, pouches, cigarettes, match-boxes, and so forth. Yet even as a boy I was discouraged from making this, as it seems to me, natural use of my pockets. I was told that, if you put things into your pockets, you spoilt the shape of your suit. This seems to me as ridiculous as it would be to say that, if you put potatoes into a sack, you spoil the shape of the sack.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.2

take for ~ granted で「~を当然のことと思う」。ここでは~がthat以下の構文になっているので、for の後ではなくgrantedの後についています。 「私はポケットと言うものはものを入れるものだといつも思っていたし、実際入るものはなんでもポケットに詰め込んできました。本、新聞、手紙、パイプ、小袋、たばこ、マッチ箱、など何でも。しかしまだ子供の頃、それが当たり前のポケットの使い方と思っていたのに、それを止められました。もしポケットにものを入れたら、スーツの形を台無しにしてしまうと言われたのです。これは私にとって、例えばジャガイモをずた袋に入れたらずた袋の形を台無しにしてしまうと言うのと同じくらい馬鹿げたことのように思えました。 全体的には特別に難しい文章ではないので、単語をつないでいけば意味はわかると思います。最後の"as ridiculous as it would be to say that, ~" が仮定法が入っていて少し長いので迷うかもしれませんが、"it would be" は仮定法で実際には起こっていないことに対して、”ばかげている”。sayの後はwould beを受けて、実際には言っていないけど、もし言ったら。 ここのところだけ注意です。

mority0710
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

翻訳サイトをお探しなら https://translate.google.co.jp/?hl=ja ここをお奨めします ここはQ&Aサイトです、疑問を書けば回答があると思います  

関連するQ&A

• 英文の翻訳お願いします。

多分間違えてブーツを作ってしまったという英文だと思いますが、大変でも翻訳お願いします。 I wanted to let you know that we have received your Redwing boots today and they look great. I wanted to make sure you are aware of the style of lineman patch they put on a plain toe boot. I have placed a picture below of your boots. Please let me know id this is acceptable. If you would like it made differently please let us know. Keep in mind that a remake will take 6 to 8 weeks また、そのブーツでいいので送ってほしいという英文も作成していただけるとありがたいです。

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。

どなたか英文を翻訳していただける方が居ましたらぜひお願いいたします。 I hinted at the end of chapter 1 that while some people consider theory to be a mystification of practice, rather than a tool for disseminating or supporting it, I believe that theories help us to appreciate our practice with more depth and resonance. Ultimately, your response to what we've outlined in this book might be to suggest a theory of your own, based on your own thinking and experience - as some of the practitioners we've interviewed do. But be careful in supported by empirical evidence. The next stage is to work out how you can put your own informed opinions to the test and turn them into a sound theory. Finally, remember that this book is by no means the last word on anything. We hope to have last word on anything. We hope to have whetted your appetite to look at visual communication in more detail, and pointed you in the direction of alternative sources that will extend your knowledge even further.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

申し訳ありませんが、お願いします。 There are soms things that I would not have done , and some things that I have failed to do that I would do. One of the things that I would have done if I had known the importance of it would have been to go to college.

• 翻訳してください!!!

ある人からメールが来ました。 ネットで翻訳してみたんですが、意味が全くわからずメールを返せません。 お願い致します。 I'm somewhat serious.   I think we would make a beautiful family.  But I also think that we should date a bit longer... and I think that I should move to Japan.  I want to leave Guam...I've been here as long as I've wanted to.  You don't have another boyfriend or anything do you? I'm not one to rush into things either, but I just thought that I'd tell you that I'm really attracted to you and that I wouldn't mind procreating with you. Make sense? Anyway,  I'm thinking of you now!! Miss you so much!!!

• 下記の英文の翻訳をお願いいたします。

自分で訳してみたのですが、どうもよく解らなくて困っています。 翻訳機でなく翻訳できる方にお願いいたします。 I understand your concern that item has returned to you by Shipping service as address description was wrong. I reviewed your order #103-2109678-8381029 and checked all the details precisely and found that the buyer address is correct and I have searched it on www.Google.com and I searched it successfully. I would like to inform you that you have to contact your postal service for correcting the details as buyer address is correct and the item is returned to you wrongly. I hope the information mentioned above helps in resolving your issue. どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英文翻訳おねがいします。

アメリカの靴屋さんにオーダーしたのをキャンセルしたところ電子証券で返金するとのことでしたが、 電子証券の使い方がわからないので、カードのキャンセルをお願いしたところ以下のメールがきました。大変でも翻訳お願いします。 I have cancelled the orders – Can I issue you eCertificates instead of refunding your card? With as many orders as you place, this would be easier for you and us – a refund takes a long time to post to your account.

• 次の英文を訳してください。

How do you stand the hardest part of running marathon? Many say that life is like marathon. Do you think that you can deal with the crisis in your life thanks to marathon? By the way corresponding with penpals, the reason I feel like I have difficulty writing is not because of my English. It is because the moment I cannot come up with anything I have to reply. Honestly speaking I am not a talkative person, but I try to talk more when writing. Nice and slow conversations are hard to come by, and the form of letter writing does put in a lot into thinking about what the other person has to say and how to respond. この二つが何となくはわかるのですが、自信がありません。教えていただけると助かります。

• 英文を翻訳お願いします。

翻訳機を使わず英訳できる方にお願いいたします。  I understand you would like to know if you the units can be shipped to our center directly from the manufacturer.  I am glad to inform you that, you can ship units to our center from the manufacturer directly.  Please mention the manufacturer's address as 'ship from' address while creating a shipment.  I am sorry but we need clarity for the first portion (duty of custom) of your query, so please write back to us with more information. お手数をおかけしますが、どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳してください。

*Having a pet would build up love in your relationship, as sharing time together would lead you to the point where you think of your pet like a part of your family. asをどう考えれば良いのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳願います。

It is not that I do not want to marry you, it would be a lovely dream to do so, I think. I do not think that we have this path ahead of us... but I want to have you in my life always, somehow. Duty as a man? To stand and hold the load, to carry it forward. To move and put the wants of man away. 宜しくお願いします。