• ベストアンサー

わからない英文があります!

"I'm very stressed. With you and Serena down my throat, I can hardly think, never mind keep food down." never mind keep food downの意味がイマイチよくわかりません・・・。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.2

never mind keep food down は二通りに解釈できます。 1. 食べ物を(ポロポロ)落としているのに、全く気にならない(気がつかない) 2. 食べ物を食べることに全く気を使わない。つまり、食べ物が全く食べられない。 mindも1.では(食べ物を思うことと)「嫌だと思う」「気にする」ですが2.では「気を使う」「世話をする」見たいな違う意味で取っています。 で、ここでdownと言う表現が出て切るのは、前の節で"down my throat"と言う言葉を受けていて、やや修辞的な表現と思います。そうすると、keep food downはdown my throatを想定するのが自然で、2. の意味だと思います。 全体的には、 「私はとてもストレスを感じています。あなたとセレナに酷いことを言われて、殆ど考えることができない。食べ物も喉を通らない。」 かと思います。 "you and Serena down my throat"はSPS700さんが既に書かれているように、"jump down one's throat" 「oneが言ったことに対して突然怒りと非難の反応をする」日本語風に言えば「切れる」が元かと思います。jumpがなくなっていますが、他に考えにくいと思いました。

yuriayuria
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます!

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。  keep something down というのは、下記のケンブリッジ辞典にあるように、食べ物や飲み物を戻さないことです。 http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/keep-sth-down 2。jump down someone's throat は、下記のように誰かに腹を立てて襲いかかる事です。  http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/jump-down-sb-s-throat 3。ですから直訳では  私は鬱だ。あなたもセレナも私に襲いかかって、考えることが殆ど出来ない、食べ物を戻さない、なんて心配しないで(=出来っこない)。 4。結局  あああ、ったくやんなっちゃう。あんたもセリナとぐるになって私を責めるんだもの、考える暇どころか「オエー」って吐き気がする。 5。掛け言葉  意味は「襲う」ですが字面は「喉に飛びかかる」です、ですから、二人に首を絞められたんじゃ吐くにも、吐けないじゃないの、という、駄洒落というかオヤジギャグも入っています。

yuriayuria
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 英文の翻訳をお願いできますか?

彼からのメールのないようですが、英語力の乏しい私には意訳ができません。どなたか翻訳してもらえないでしょうか? I could not respond because of my job yoğunlğundan. At this time in my personal life and my business life, he decides to live in because of the stress I'm not sure. You get very impatient. I do not understand why. People to marry each other very well need to know. I married again to another without fully concluded'm not ready for marriage. Friendship and friendship and love in the coming time, as more development would be better for us. And together we will make better decisions about what to do. Why so quick to make a decision as I insist you do not understand. These are very serious issues. Decision can not be easy. More do not recognize each other full Incentives. And the Japanese society and Turkey have different traditions. In this regard you and me how we can comply with this tradition. I think people need to know each other a long time for marriage. We only We saw each other 2 days. I think this closeness, friendship and love each other without breaking continues in this way and get upset. Conclusions as a result of friendship beautiful. I very busy businessman, I can not take too much time for my private life. Please forgive me because I can not talk much with you.you get to me a very special person and I'm very happy to know you.I want to be with you always in the future. I like you very much.

• 遠距離恋愛中のアメリカ人の彼からメールが来たのですが、これはフラレたと

遠距離恋愛中のアメリカ人の彼からメールが来たのですが、これはフラレたと言うことですよね。 別れようの一言さえないものの、これは大人としてどう解釈するべきでしょうか。。 私は別れたくないのですが、ショックすぎて返す言葉が見つかりません。 どなたかアドバイスをお願い致します。 I'm sorry I didn't write you for a few days. This is very difficult for me. You are very beautiful woman and I want to spend every day with you. But I think our long distance relationship is difficult. I'm not in Japan with you and you are not in San Francisco with me. I think relationship to work need right time and right place. We don't have both right time and right place. I've been very busy with work and I don't think I can slow down my work for a relationship. This long distance relationship is tougher. I will miss you very much. I will regret this but I can not see you any more. よろしくお願いします

• この英文を訳してもらえませんか?

この英文を訳してもらえませんか? Hello dear new friend, how are you today i hope that every things is ok with you as is my pleassure to contact you after viewing your profile which really interest me in having communication with you if you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other better and see what happened in future. i will be very happy if you can write me through my email for easiest communication and to know all about each other,here is my email (****@yahoo.com) i will be waiting to hear from you as i wish you all the best for your day. yours new friend linda

• 英文訳してください

I use an electronic dictionary at school. But my teacher says I should use printed dictionaries. Why do you think? I don't understand why your teacher said so. Electronic dictionaries are lighter and easier to carry. You can even hear English words. I agree with Bird. Finding words in printed dictionaries takes time. I think using printed dictionaries is a waste of time.

• この英文を訳してください!!

こんにちは この英文を訳してください!! Is there something that you would like from Belgium that I can buy and than my mother can take it with her and give it to you? よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の構造を教えてください

I think with the right people working with me, that I can make the most of our partnership with Wang computers. という英文なのですが、構造がいまいちわかりません。 think with という成句はなかったので I think (with the ~) that I can make~. (with the~) は副詞句という構造かなと思うのですが合っていますか? 1.何故,thatで一度区切っているのかがよくわかりません。 2.(with the right people working with me)の意訳は?

• 英文のチェックをお願いします

お世話になります。 USのペンパルからSkypeで会話すると英語が上達するよ、 との提案を受けたのですが、 おそらく聞き取るとこができないと思うので(それには自信あり(笑)) その提案をやんわり断るために以下のように書いてみましたので 意図が伝わる文になっているか、また文法は正しいか、チェックお願いします。 申し訳ないのですが、Skypeを使うという君の提案はお断りしないといけません I’m very sorry that I can’t accept your suggestion to use skype. それは君の喋ることが理解できないと思うからです Because I think that I can’t understand what you speak. 僕は英語を読むことはできます、書くことはちょこっとです、が、話すことや聞くことは問題ありです。 My English skill is that reading is well and writing is a little, but speaking listening are not good. だから、メールで話したいです So I want to talk to you by email. そうすれば僕らの関係は長続きすると思います By doing so, I think that our friendship will be continued for a long time. それに賛成してくれると嬉しいです I’m very happy if you could agree with it. 君の次のメールが届くまでちょっとドキドキしているでしょう I am pretty nervous until receiving your next email. ▲ここまでです。 ----------------------------------------- それから、もうひとつお訊ねします。 ●それに賛成してもらえると嬉しいのですが。。。。 賛成して欲しいとの意味を込めて、 語尾を濁すような書き方はどうなるでしょうか 以上よろしくお願いいたします。

• この英文の翻訳手伝ってください!

I think 『I am attracted to girls who can look past the surface.』 I like to talk and I am usually attracted to someone I can be open and honest with. Also someone who can be the same. Someone who can just be real. Hope you understand. That's bad english (dont think you'll find it in a dictionary) but it means: Someone I can be myself with and someone who can be them self around me. ほとんど意味は分かるのですが、『』の部分の英文の意味がよくわかりません。 宜しくお願いします。

• この英文の意味がわかりません。

この意味がわかりません。 どなたか教えてください。 Sorry ladies, I have to let you down. I am moving to the ACT where I can express my true love.

• 英文訳してください

日本語に訳してください! I use an electronic dictionary at school. But my teacher says I should use printed dictionaries. Why do you think? I don't understand why your teacher said so. Electronic dictionaries are lighter and easier to carry. You can even hear English words. I agree with Bird. Finding words in printed dictionaries takes time. I think using printed dictionaries is a waste of time.