• ベストアンサー

確認のための質問です。

- How'd I do?  Yeah, that's great, kid. 私にどうしろって?ええ、素晴らしい A lot of spirit.Job's all yours.その意気 仕事はあなたのもの

• お礼率91% (279/305)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 >>実はこのセリフはメーガンではなくマスコットガールになるためミーガンがアクションを披露して最後にハ!と気合をいれるのですが、この審査をしている先生が全然、興味を示さず、ミーガンがハっといった後の先生のセリフなんです。ですから、どうしろって?にしました。  お話しだと、審査員の先生が How'd I do? と言ったのは「私どうでした?」というメーガンの問い(実際には口に出していなくても仕草で)を「私どうでした?って?」と鸚鵡返しに繰り返して居るように聞こえます。   Yeah, that's great, kid. うん、(そう聞かれrば)悪くはないよな、kid は「お前」という上からの目線で、むりに絞り出した賛辞という感じがします。  ま、意図としては「私どうでした?と聞きたいんだろうがそう言われてもな」と言う感じで聞きました。  

質問者

お礼

あれから私ももう1度調べて同じことを思いました。お騒がせしました。 ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。- How'd I do?   - How'd I do? が - How would I do? だったら 「私にどうしろって?」  - How'd I do? が - How did I do? だったら「私がやったのどうだった?」  になります。 Yeah, that's great, kid. を既に終わったものの出来映えを褒める言葉、と解釈するなら、後者が自然だと思います。前者はやり方が分からないので聞いている訳です。  そうすると、「ええ、素晴らしい」とは続かないとおもいます。 2。A lot of spirit.Job's all yours.その意気 仕事はあなたのもの  おっしゃる通りの場合もあると思います。  A lot of spirit. 「元気旺盛」上司の子供のまずい絵を、部下が無理して褒める時などに苦しまぎれに発する言葉ですね。 3。意図や場面が明確に示されると、文の正誤の判断がしやすくなります。

質問者

補足

実はこのセリフはメーガンではなくマスコットガールになるためミーガンがアクションを披露して最後にハ!と気合をいれるのですが、この審査をしている先生が全然、興味を示さず、ミーガンがハっといった後の先生のセリフなんです。ですから、どうしろって?にしました。

関連するQ&A

• 一部の歌詞と和訳を教えて下さい!!

Bruno MarsのGrenadeという曲にある、 【 】内の和訳を教えていただけませんか? また、【 】内の≪ ≫の歌詞が、「breaks」の他にも「brakes」と書かれていたりします。 歌詞の前後からしてどちらが正しいのでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします!! Easy come, easy go That's just how you live, oh Take, take, take it all, But you never give Should of known you was trouble from the first kiss, Had your eyes wide open - Why were they open? (*1) Gave you all I had And you tossed it in the trash You tossed it in the trash, you did To give me all your love is all I ever asked, Cause what you don't understand is I'd catch a grenade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah) Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah) I'd jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah , yeah) You know I'd do anything for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah) Oh, oh I would go through all this pain, Take a bullet straight through my brain, Yes, I would die for ya baby ; But you won't do the same No, no, no, no Black, black, black and blue beat me till I'm numb Tell the devil I said "hey" when you get back to where you're from Mad woman, bad woman, That's just what you are, yeah, 【You'll smile in my face then rip the ≪breaks か brakes≫ out my car】 Gave you all I had (*1) If my body was on fire, ooh You' d watch me burn down in flames You said you loved me you're a liar Cause you never, ever, ever did baby... But darling I'll still catch a grenade for ya Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah) I'd jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah , yeah) You know I'd do anything for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah) Oh, oh I would go through all this pain, Take a bullet straight through my brain, Yes, I would die for ya baby ; But you won't do the same. No, you won't do the same, You wouldn't do the same, Ooh, you'll never do the same, No, no, no, no

• 「そういうものだ」2種類の英文訳・用法の違い

日本語で、「そういうもんだよ。」「そういうものだ。」の英訳を調べると、 大きく分けて、howを使ったものと、the wayを使ったものの2つに分けらるようですが、 That’s how it is. That's the way it is. この二つの使い方、意味の違いはあるのでしょうか? それとも、lots ofとa lot ofのように、全く同じ意味で言葉だけが違うものでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語の分からない問題を教えてください。

カッコ内の語句を並べ替えて意味の通る英文にしてください。 1.Celia, I'm handing the stage over to you. (floor, thelot, , yours, all, is) 2.We've (lot, got, a, of, to, cover, ground) 3.As it's already ten o'clock, I'd (to, like, started, get). 4.First of all, let me thank you all (for, the, taking, from, time) your work to attend today's session.

• 訳してください

yeah, and that's why I like japanese people, they are strict and personalities full of honor, but they're kind though :) do you know what's odd ? I just have female japanese penpals, I mean I love you in a kind of way I love someone, but it would also be nice to have a male japanese penpal (no homo xD) :) I'd like to know how they are and how they think and behave :) 上の文章を訳せる方 いらっしゃいましたら よろしくお願いします(_ _)

• 訳してください(T_T)

yeah, and that's why I like japanese people, they are strict and personalities full of honor, but they're kind though :) do you know what's odd ? I just have female japanese penpals, I mean I love you in a kind of way I love someone, but it would also be nice to have a male japanese penpal (no homo xD) :) I'd like to know how they are and how they think and behave :)

• 確認宜しくお願いいたします

英訳したのですが文脈がおかしかったりしたら嫌なので、確認を宜しくお願いいたします。 My best memory from junior high school is field day.We were cheering dance and sang a school song. All things remain in the impression. But especialy I memorabled event ischeering dance. We danced for one is life. When having finished dancing,I was filled with the satisfaction. But result is 2nd prize.Truthfully, I was regrettable・・・but there was no regret at all. I learned from this school festival a lot. Forexample,spirit of mutual helpfulness.I want to make the best use of learning from this experience in the future.

• それは~の時の事だよ 英語

日常会話で、 ~まだテレビがなかった時の事だよ。 とか、 それは俺が子供の時の事だよ。 などの表現をする時、 That's when I was kidなどと表現できますか? That's when という表現は正しいでしょうか? That's what when I was kidではないといけませんか? また、~がなかった時という表現は、 There's no 以外にありますか?

• 感嘆文のHowとThat soundsの違い

こちらでは初めて質問させていただきます。 タイトルにも書いたように、How+形容詞の文章とThat sounds(That's)+形容詞の文章の使い分けなどはあるのでしょうか? 授業配布されたプリントでHow,That sounds,That’sのどれかを( )に埋めるという問題が出されたのですが、あまりよく解説してもらえずいまいち理解できていません。以下、プリントにある問題になります。 Did you hear that a little girl was killed by a falling tree today? (How) awful! How did it happen? この会話文でThat'sもしくはThat soundsは使えないのでしょうか? There's been a crash on the underground and a lot of people have been injured. (That sounds) terrible. I hope nobody's been killed. この文章もThat'sもしくはHowは使えませんか? 使い分けがあれば教えていただけると嬉しいです。またHowとThat soundsでは意味合いが違ってしまったりもするのでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

“I have three pairs of kid gloves. I've had kid mittens before from the Christmas tree, but never real kid gloves with five fingers. I take them out and try them on every little while. It's all I can do not to wear them to classes.”

• フレンズ1-21 1/3

ニセモニカがモニカに人生を変えた映画について話しています。 Fake Monica: I thought that movie was so incredibly... boring. I mean, that thing at the end where the kid kills himself because he can't be in the play? What was that?! It's like, kid, wait a year, leave home, do some community theatre. I walked out of there and I thought, 'Now, that's two hours of my life that I'm never getting back'. And that thought scared me more than all the other crap I was afraid to do. Monica: Wow. Then I would definitely not recommend Mrs. Doubtfire. ■that thought scared me more than all the other crap I was afraid to do. ここが、何を言いたいのかちょっとわかりません。 直訳ならわかるのですが... 何卒ご教示願います。