オーナーの営業新場所と従業員の反応

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 映画なのですが、オーナーが新しい場所で営業できることになり、従業員に話します。
  • オーナーはタンパに移るための高い木について話します。
  • 従業員はオーナーの比喩的な表現に驚き、この新しい変化を実感しようとしています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英訳をお願い致します。

映画なのですが、オーナーが新しい場所で営業できることになり 従業員に色々話します。 オーナー:Huh, Tarzan. Did you know they made trees tall enough to swing from Tampa... swing fromは移す、行き来する へぇ ターザン彼らがタンパから移るのに十分高い木を作ると知ってるな。(これは自信ありません。) オーナー:The moon is just a chip shot away,brother, heh.これは別の従業員に言っています。 これは完全に比喩だと思ったので、さあ いよいよだな A chip shot away. Fuck, yeah.いよいよだ それを受けて従業員:I got to let it sink in, man.俺は身に染みてる。 ただこれもletがどういう意味になるかがはっきり分かりません。 どうか宜しくお願い致します。

• お礼率91% (279/305)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nebusoku3
  • ベストアンサー率38% (1442/3777)
回答No.1

オーナー:Huh, Tarzan. Did you know they made trees tall enough to swing from Tampa... ヘイ、ターザン。 君は、彼らがタンパから一気に揺らすのに十分な高い木を作ったことを知っていた? → 君は、(彼らが)タンパから一気に物を送れる仕組みを作ったことを知っていた?  オーナー:The moon is just a chip shot away,brother, heh. 月はほんのチップショット(ゴルフでコツンと軽く当てる感じ)で済むよ兄弟、ハ。 ↓ ゴール(月の比喩)は目の前にあるよな。(目前だよな、あるいは簡単だよな) よって、「さあ いよいよだな」 はりっぱな訳になると思います。 従業員:I got to let it sink in, man. 私がそれを(月へゴルフだまを)沈めて見ましょう。 チーフ。 ※letはそれを沈めてみますという、使役の用途ですね。その目標に向けてゴルフだまをホールに入れてみましょうと、これも比喩の用途で受けているよいうです。 ↓ 私が成功させて見せましょう。

質問者

お礼

いつもありがとうございます。tall enough to swingここが分かりづらく苦戦しました。 enough to swingは難しいです。本当にありがとうございます。 細かい説明でとても分かりやすいです。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳の分からないところお願い致します。

"I got drunk and fell over a lot. I wasn't happy," he said later that year. "And I never had a drink problem, no matter what the papers said. Not having anything to do was the hardest thing. I let myself waste away doing nothing and, for a while, I bought in to that rock'n'roll thing. I jumped from one myth to another. It was a security blanket." *ロビーウイルアムズが飲酒問題について語った時の記事です。 僕は酒を飲んでなんども転んだ。僕は幸せじゃなかった。 のあとよろしくお願いします

• 翻訳

「ここから逃げ出すんだ。幸せの国へ行こう。そしてずっと一緒に笑っていよう。」 という文を英文にしたいのですが 「I run away from here. Let's go to the country of the happiness. And I will laugh much together.」 で合っているのでしょうか??

• 英文の添削,お願いします。

英文の添削の指導を,お願いできないでしょうか? あなたは立つ位置が近いですね。日本人は話をする時、かなり距離をとります。 測ったことはないけど1m以上は取ると思いますね。 1,You stand closer to me. Japanese stand pretty apart. I haven't measured it though, it must be over 1 memter away. 2,You stand close to me. Japanese people keep more distance when we talk. I haven't exactly measure it, but we’re one meter away from each other. 物を大切にしましょう。 Let's try not to waste materials. Let's not waste your stuff. Let's stop wasting your things.

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 字数制限の為、敷き詰めですみません。 Monica my cleaning lady broke one my toilets. She uses a lot of paper towels to clean everything and I think she tried to flush them away ... sigh trouble ...very annoying situation. Tomorrow I will have to arrange for a repair person to fix it. An annoying situation ... Please allow me to give you some recommendations. - If you come with Air France (Paris) it's OK to take the train Brussels. It's very easy, it's inside the airport and the people from Air France will welcome and help you with your luggage. It's very convenient and fast (shinkansen type). And they have a flight that leave at ●● at night ... so you arrive in Europe in the morning and you can still enjoy the whole day. - If you come via other airports it's better to take the plane (it doesn't cost more or less). Taking the bus from Amsterdam to Brussels ... I won't let you do this. I would rather go to Amsterdam to pick you up. After such a long flight it's not nice if you still need to take a bus ... no if you prefer to take JAL I'll come to Amsterdam Oh KLM and Air France they all have a few Japanese flight attendants on the airplane. So you don't need to be afraid :) If you don't mind or the prices are cheaper on the website I gave you. I can also make the booking for you. Of course you would have to indicated which flight you prefer. It's really no problem for me. If there is anything I can to make things easier for you or help you, please let me know.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

While Scott Weiland was working on his musical chops, bassist Robert DeLeo was in Point Pleasant, New Jersey playing with his older brother Dean, five years his senior. Dean's band played in bars, but Robert was so talented the band let him in and snuck him in to play shows. One day Robert decided to pick up and leave New Jersey and move to California. He lived out of his car initially in the Long Beach area with no music gear, but he eventually got an apartment and a home eight track studio after inheriting some money. DeLeo, whose biggest influences were James Jamerson and Led Zeppelin, met Scott Weiland at one of Soi-Distant's gigs in Orange County, joining the band to perform a song. Weiland was blown away by DeLeo's talent, but it took awhile before he could finally get him to form a band with him. Sometime in late 1987/early 1988, Soi-Distant dissolved and morphed into Swing, the first incarnation of Stone Temple Pilots.

• どういう意味です?

The hospital received thousands of get-well cards and requests to adopt Scarlett. A letter writing contest was held to determine the best owner for this heroic feline. Letters came from as far away as Egypt and Japan. もう、なにがなんだか、、、わかりません;; get-well?そこらへんから、、、、 助けてください~

• この文章のbutの文法的解釈

こんにちは。 下記の文章で、このbutをどう考えたらよいのか分かりません。 This is a huge blow to dog owners who have dog insurances but are having it taken away from them through no fault of their own. 保険会社が潰れたことにより、犬の保険の加入者には打撃である。。という文脈なのですが、 but 前までは 犬の保険に加入しているオーナーには痛手である。 but以下は、オーナーには責任がないにも関わらず、 (このthroughもよく分からない)保険がオーナーから取り上げた(つまりオーナーは無保険にならざるを得なかった)。 となると思うのですが、接続詞「しかし」ではないような・・? 宜しくお願い致します。

• 会社の英訳の課題で困っています 1

英訳をする様にとの課題が出たのですが、なかなか難しく、自分なりに訳してみたものの 表現の仕方が合っているのか非常に不安なので、部分的にでも結構ですから お分かりの方教えて下さい。 かなり長くなりますので 何回かに分けて書き込みしたいと思います。 宜しくお願いします。 「お客様の発展に貢献し、以って自らの会社並びに従業員、地域社会の安定と成長を計る。 そのために、世界一の品質を目指すと共に国際競争力のある会社にする」 contributes to the customer's development, 以って自らの会社並びに従業員、 Stability and the growth of the local society are measured. For that, it aims at the best quality in the world and make it to the company where it has global competitiveness. 「みんなで造ろう 品質の○○(社名)」 Let's make it from everyone ○○ of quality (もっと適当な表現はないでしょうか・・・) 「原価を下げる」 Cost reduction 「生産性を上げ、他社に負けない価格競争力を」 Improvement of productivity and the price competitiveness not defeated at the other companies 「納期を守る」 Punctual the delivery date 「納期を守り 大きく育てようお客様の信用」 Punctual the delivery date and Let's enlarge the confidence of customer 「笑顔であいさつ 生き生き職場」 Greets with a smile and make the vivid company 「企業は人なり 人材は人財なり」 In the enterprise, talent is a person fortune the person. (全く分かりません・・・)

• let make allow を使った文章を英会話スクールで、勉強しましたが、よくわかりません。使役動詞とは、思うのですが。

英会話スクールで、Talking about useful inventions という内容で、下記の英文を習いましたが、訳と使い方が、よくわかりません。 1; It allows you to watch whatever you want in the comfort of your own living room. リビングで休んでいたいときでさえ、(TV)をみせられる?(みることができる)。 でしょうか?  2:It lets you change channels without leaving your chair. (訳しが、うまく出来ません) 3:They make it easier to work away from the office. それらは、仕事場から離れて働くことを簡単にさせる。 こんな訳し方は、なんかしっくりしないとおもいます。 また、let,make , allow どれを使ってもいいのでしょうか。 よろしく、お願いします。

• メールの翻訳をお願い致します。

英語は苦手なのですが海外通販をしています。 1回、オーダーしたことのある化粧品ブランドですが 日本に送れないものがあるということで オーダーをキャンセルして返金をしてもらったことのある ショップです。突然、下記のメールが届きました。 そのメールを翻訳して頂きたいのです。 後、メールの下部(Orの下)に We would be happy to offer you a refund on these items and 20% off your next order placed on ○○○.com. とあるのですがこれは次回の注文は20%オフになるということでいいのでしょうか? 以上、どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。 We are please to tell you that your ○○○ order is ready to be resent to you. We would like to thank you once again for your continued patience and support at this time. Unfortunately we are now of stock in Pure Pigment in Incite and will not be able to include this in your order, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause you. We would like to offer you the following options to continue your order. We would be happy to offer you replacement Pure Pigments(s) in any shade of your choice from our website to replace your out of stock item(s)http://www.○○○.com/shop/products/eyes/furore-pure-pigment Or We would be happy to offer you a refund on these items and 20% off your next order placed on ○○○.com. Please let us know which solution would be best for you and we will organise this right away and resend your order to you. Kind regards,