• ベストアンサー

文法問題について

A:I don't have a key.We can't get in. B:The door may have( ).I'll go to check. ア.been left unlocked イ.been left unlocking unlockedを選らぶ理由を教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

leave O 形容詞・分詞で「O を~のままにしておく、~の状態に至らせる」 ここでは may have +過去分詞において、 leave O C の受け身 be left C を持ってくると have been left C となります。 能動態に戻って考えると、 have left the door C であり、 ドアはロックされる側で the door is unlocked で 「ドアがロックされていない」の関係が成り立つように、 have left the door unlocked となります。 「ドアのカギをかけないままにしておいた」 これが受け身になって have been left unlocked となります。 leave の後の door が主語になって前に言っても、 left の後は door との関係で決まります。 だから、leave が能動・受動にかかわらず、 unlocked という過去分詞ということになります。 unlocked は unlock の過去分詞というより、 un-lock-ed のように、両端同時に派生的になっていると考えるべきものです。 (最後のは余談です)

kuma20130215
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

unlock という動詞の意味するところは、「解錠された状態にする (to become unlocked)」 ということで、結果は持続的な 状態 になります。leave unlocked は 「解錠された状態のままにしておく」 という意味になりますが、leave unlocking だと 「解錠し続ける (解錠するという動作をし続ける)」 というイメージを喚起してしまうのでマズいということではないかと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 文法問題

( )に入る番号を教えて下さい! (1)It was a great party last night. You( )have come. (1)should (2)may (3)may not (4)cannot (2)He has not cone here yet. I am afraid he ( )have taken the wrong train. (1)has to (2)may (3)may not (3)cannot (3)Jiro ( )the movie;he knew nothing about the story. (1)must have seen (2)can't see (3)may have see (4)can't have seen (4)James has a toothache now.He ( )to the dentist yesterday. (1)should go (2)should have gone (3)would go (4)would have gone (5)You ( )yesterday if you had anything else to do. (1)needn't come (2)don't need come (3)needn't coming (4)needn't have come (6)( ) (1)I ought to have been drunk more coffee. I feel sleepy. (2)I ought to have drunk more coffee. I feel sleepy. (3)I ought to not have drunk more coffee. I feel sleepy. (7)( ) (1)I'm not good at English. I should study it harder when I was young. (2)I'm not good at English. I ought to have studied it harder when I was young. (3)I'm not good at English. I need have studied it harder when I was young.

• 英語の文法

英語の文法について質問です。 I heard you went to Hokkaido with your friends. It( )have been fun. このwentの部分がよくわかりません。 heardって知覚動詞ですよね。ということは、原形不定詞か動名詞か過去分詞が入るはずです。 なのになぜ、goの過去形wentなんでしょう? ( )の中はmustです。 We don't have homework today,so we ( ) study tonight. この問題の( )はdon't have to なんですが、can'tじゃ駄目なんでしょうか? He ( ) be sick, because I saw him playing tennis an hour ago. この問題の( )はmayなんですが、その理由がわかりません。 mayという事は可能性を表しますよね。「彼は病気かもしてない。」 そこはいいんですが、because以降の文を 「私は1時間前テニスをしている彼を見た。」と訳すと、ちょっと不自然になってしまいます。 訳し方が違うんでしょうか。 各文章の全訳を教えてくれると尚助かります。 英語はかなり苦手なので詳しく説明してくれるとうれしいです。

• 英文法に関する問題を教えてください

次の日本語と英語の主部がどこであるか、主部の最後の単語を選びなさい。また、英語は日本語の順番に、日本語は英語に並べ替えた場合はどれにあたるか、選択肢の中から答えよ。 例1)I am a student. 日本語:「私は→学生→です。」 英語:「I→a student→am」 例2)彼女は東京に住んでいます。 英語:「She→lives→in→Tokyo.」 日本語:「彼女は→住んでいます→に→東京」 1.I have seen that girl before. 主部の最後 ア)I イ)have ウ)seen エ)gir 2.日本語にした場合の順番 ア)before→that girl→seen→I イ)I→have→that girl→before→seen ウ)I→before→that girl→have→seen エ)I→before→that girl→seen→have 3.Reading in the dark may harm the eyes. 主部の最後 ア)reading イ)dark ウ)may エ)harm 4.日本語にした場合の順番 ア)reading→the eye→harm→may→the dark→in イ)reading→in→the dark→the eyes→harm→may ウ)the dark→in→reading→the eyes→harm→may エ)in→the dark→reading→the eyes→may→harm 5.Too much protein in the diet may advance the aging process. 主部の最後 ア)much イ)protein ウ)diet エ)advance 6.日本語にした場合の順番 ア)the diet→in→too much protein→the aging process→advance→may イ)in→the diet→too much protein→may→advance→the aging process ウ)too much protein→in→the diet→the aging process→adovance→may エ)the diet→in→too much protein→may→advance→the aging process 7.私の目(my eyes)は暗闇(the gloom)に慣れて(accustomed)きて(becoming)いた(were)。 主部の最後 ア)私の イ)目は ウ)暗闇に エ)慣れて 8.英語にした場合の順番 ア)私の→目は→いた→きて→慣れて→に→暗闇 イ)私の→目は→慣れて→きて→いた→暗闇→に ウ)暗闇→に→慣れて→きて→いた→私の→目は エ)いた→きて→慣れて→に→暗闇→私の→目は 9.大輔は1週間後に(in a week)ボストンに向けて(for)日本を発つ(leave)つもりだ(would) 主部の部分 ア)大輔は イ)1週間後に ウ)ボストンに向けて エ)日本を 10.英語にした場合の順番 ア)大輔は→つもりだ→を発つ→日本→に向けて→ボストン→後に→1週間 イ)大輔は→後に→1週間→に向けて→ボストン→を発つ→日本→つもりだ ウ)日本→を発つ→つもりだ→大輔は→ボストン→に向けて→1週間→後に エ)つもりだ→を発つ→日本→に向けて→ボストン→後に→1週間→大輔は 以上です。よろしくおねがいします。

• Ifを使った書きかえ問題なんですが

Ifを使った書きかえ問題なのですが、 2つの答えを思いついてしまいまして、 どちらが良い答えなのか分からず困っています。 どちらが良い答えなのか、 或いは、さらに良い答えがあるのでしたら 教えて頂ければ幸いです。 Speak a little more slowly, or I can't follow you.  If you speak a little more slowly, I can follow you.  If you don't speak a little more slowly, I can't follow you. Keep your promise, or you'll lose your friends.  If you keep your promise, you'll not lose your friends.  If you don't keep your promise, you'll lose your friends. In an emergency, don't panic, or you may get into bigger trouble.  If you panic in an emergency, you may get into bigger trouble.  If you don't panic in an emergency, you may not get into bigger trouble.

• 適語選択問題の解答を教えて下さい。(中学生問題)

(1)Takashi likes reading. Maybe he reads three times (    )as I. ア.books as many イ.as many books ウ.many as books エ.as books many (2)“Excuse me ,but would you tell me the way to the post office?” “(    )right at the next corner and go straight.”  ア.Come イ.Put ウ.Take エ.Turn (3)Kosuke Kitajima is well known(    ) a swimmer. ア.by イwith ウ.as エ.to (4)“This is a wonderful beach,isn’t it? When did you get here?” “I came here the day before yesterday. I’ll be here (    )next Thursday.” ア.for イ.until ウ.during エ.by (5)I was born (    )Tokyo(    ),May 5,(    )1:30 a.m. ア.in/ in/ at イ.in / on / in ウ.at / in / by エ.in/ on/ at (6)She’ll taka a bath as soon as she (    )home. ア.gets イ.will get ウ.got エ.to get (7)Look at the birds flying(    ) the sky. They are so beautiful. ア.on イ.above ウ.across エ.Along (8)We are looking forward to(    ) from you. ア.hear イ.hearing ウ.come エ.coming (9)This story is well-known(    ) our country. ア.with イ.for ウ.to エ.in (10)He’s been (    )for ten years. ア.died イ.death ウ.die エ.dead

• 英語

1It's already ten. It's high time you ( ) in bed. アare イhave been ウwere エwill be 2If it were not for the rain, we ( ) hiking today. アcan go イwould go ウmay well go エwere able to go 3( ) greenhouse effect, the climate on the earth would be much colder. アAgainst イWithout ウUnless エNot 4( ) for the doctor's great skill in the operation, he wouldn't be alive now. アWithout イUnless ウBut エNot 5But for the medicine, the patient ( ). アhas been dead イhad been dead ウmay have been dead エmight have been dead 6Had I known you were coming to Tokyo, I ( ) to the station to meet you. アwent イwould have gone うhad gone エ would go 7I could tell who he was from his accent; ( ) I wouldn't have known it was him. アhowever イtherefore ウfor エotherwise 8Jack had a skiing accident yesterday, but he's all right. He is lucky, because he ( ) hurt himself badly. アcould have イmight ウshould エwill have 9I'm sorry to hear about your problem. But if you had taken my advice, you ( ) in such a trouble now. アhaven't イwould be ウwould havd been エwouldn't be 3,4辺りが良く分かりませんでした。

• 接続詞の問題

接続詞の問題です。少し苦手な分野なので、良く分からない箇所もありました。できれば解説等があると助かります。お願いします。 1( ) I have already said, I don't eat fish. アAs イIf ウWhen エThough 2 I'm not going to sleep tonight ( ) I finish my homework. アby イduring ウuntil エsince 3Mary will have left here ( ) her boy friend gets her letter. アthat イby ウuntil エby the time 4We shouldn't keep dogs ( ) we can take good care of them. アif イunless ウwhen エwhich 5I'd rather have a room of my own, ( ) small it may be. アhowever イno matter ウeven if エwhatever 6( ) he is very late, he may have met with an accident on his way. アIf イSince ウWhy エWhether 7This food tastes terrible! I couldn't eat it ( ) I were starving. アafter イbecause ウeven if エonly when 8Let's take an express train ( ) we can get there 20 minutes earlier. アin order イso that ウsuch as エwhile 9Easter island is one of the most remote places from Europe. It was so remote and lacking in natural resources ( ) no formal colonial occupation ever took place. アbefore イthat ウin that エnow that

• 文法

文法問題の解答がないため困っています。 1.I think I'll buy these shoes.( ) really well. a) they fit. b) they have fit c) thy're fitting d)they were fitting 2. What did you leave the meeting ealy ( )? I didn't feel very well a) away. b) because c) for. d) like 3. Catherine has to work very hard. I (. ) do her job,I'm fine a) can't b) couldn't c) don't d) shouldn't 4.we can't go along here because the road is (. ) a) been repaired b) being repaired c) repair d) repaired 5.everyone in the group shook hands with ( ) a) each other b) one other c) one the other d) themselves です。よろしくお願いします。

• 文法の質問です。

I can't find my glasses . I may have left them behind in the train . この may have leftをmight have left 、might leaveとしてはいけないのはどうしてですか? might、may have 過去分詞、might have 過去分詞の使い方の違いも辞書を引いてみたのですが、よくわかりませんでした。 If S were to不定詞、Were S to不定詞 は If S should 原形、Should S 原形と同じ意味のものだとしてもよいのでしょうか?(Sは主語の意味です) これらの文は文法的にちゃんと合っているのかチェックしてもらえますか? It is about time for children to go to bed . It is about time children went to bed . It is about time children should go to bed . もうひとつ、 例えば、「彼が泣いているのを聞く」というのを英文にするなら、 I hear him crying . 「彼が泣いている」→him cryingでいいでしょうか?

• go + do という文法は正しいのか

Why don't we just go get a couple of sandwiches? という文なのですが、「サンドイッチを食べに行こう」という意味はわかります。 なぜ「go getting」 か「go to get」 ではないのかがわかりません。 辞書では見つからなかったのですがgo + doは口語ではありなのでしょうか?