写真と英文の意味、第一次世界大戦の関わり

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 第一次世界大戦に関連している写真と英文には、感情やメッセージが込められています。
  • 写真の中のBarney Searleは1916年に戦争に参加するために年齢を偽りました。
  • 彼は自国の奉仕に生涯を捧げることが最善の方法だと思い、母親に話しましたが、前線に配属された2週間後に亡くなりました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

写真と英文の意味、第一次世界大戦の関わり

『Barney Searle from Lethbridge(カナダある街の名前です) lied about his age to join the War in 1916. He told his mom that he could think of no better way to spend his life than in the service of his nation. He died 2 weeks after being deployed to the front.』 これはどんなメッセージもしくはメインポイントが含まれているのでしょうか。そし第一次世界大戦とどんな関わりが込められているのかわからないので、是非教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

いかなる戦争であれ、1%の年寄支配層が若者を洗脳・利用し、 人柱と為して自身の保身を図る、という国家戦争の普遍的事実を伝えています。

関連するQ&A

• 英文と写真に含まれてる意味とWW1の関わりは?

『Barney Searle from Lethbridge(カナダある街の名前です) lied about his age to join the War in 1916. He told his mom that he could think of no better way to spend his life than in the service of his nation. He died 2 weeks after being deployed to the front.』 これはどんなメッセージもしくはメインポイントが含まれているのでしょうか。そし第一次世界大戦とどんな関わりが込められているのか教えてください。

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

On 21 July, Franz Joseph was reportedly surprised by the severity of the ultimatum that was to be sent to the Serbs, and expressed his concerns that Russia would be unwilling to stand idly by; yet he nevertheless chose to not question Berchtold's judgement. A week after the ultimatum, on 28 July, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, and two days later the Austro-Hungarians and the Russians went to war. Within weeks, the Germans, French and British entered the fray. Because of his age, Franz Joseph was unable to take an active part in the war in comparison to past conflicts. Franz Joseph died in the Schönbrunn Palace on the evening of 21 November 1916, at the age of eighty-six. His death was a result of developing pneumonia of the right lung several days after catching a cold while walking in Schönbrunn Park with the King of Bavaria. He was succeeded by his grandnephew Charles I, who reigned until the collapse of the Empire following its defeat in 1918. He is buried in the Kaisergruft in Vienna, where flowers are still left by monarchists.

• 英文!

英文の和訳をよろしくお願いします! But he did not have enough resources to realize his dream:money, navigation skill, and command of English. For five years, he worked hard to prepare for his trip. He practiced sailing a yacht, read many books and manuals, and learned English. At the age of 23, he finally left Japan in a small yacht.

• 下記の英文を訳してくれる方はいますか?

The career In 1870 the average work career ran from the age of 14, when the worker entered the labor force, to the age of 61, when the average worker died after having worked a total of 146,640 hours for a total of $90,000 (1970 dollars). In 1970 the average career ran from about age 20 to about age 65, when the average worker retired after having worked a total of 90,000 hours for a total of $360,000. お願いします。

• 英文和訳

And should we defeat every enemy, and should we double our wealth and conquer the stars, and still be unequal to this issue, then we will have failed as a people and as a nation. For, with a country as with a person, "what is a man profited if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" There is no Negro problem. There is no Southern problem. There is no Northern problem. There is only an American problem.This was the first nation in the history of the world to be founded with a purpose. The great phrases of that purpose still sound in every American heart, North and South: "All men are created equal." "Government by consent of the governed." "Give me liberty or give me death." And those are not just clever words, and those are not just empty theories. In their name Americans have fought and died for two centuries and tonight around the world they stand there as guardians of our liberty risking their lives. Those words are promised to every citizen that he shall share in the dignity of man. This dignity cannot be found in a man's possessions. It cannot be found in his power or in his position. It really rests on his right to be treated as a man equal in opportunity to all others. It says that he shall share in freedom. He shall choose his leaders, educate his children, provide for his family according to his ability and his merits as a human being. To apply any other test, to deny a man his hopes because of his color or race or his religion or the place of his birth is not only to do injustice, it is to deny Americans and to dishonor the dead who gave their lives for American freedom. どなたかお願いします。

• 英文を和訳して下さい。

John Aasen (March 5, 1890 – August 1, 1938) was an American silent film actor who was one of the tallest actors in history. Aasen was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota. His mother, Kristi (Danielsen) from Rollag in Numedal, was an extremely tall Norwegian woman of around 2.20 m (almost 7 ft 3 inches) in height (latest information from September 2008, sets her height to 188 cm, almost 6 ft 2 inches). It is not certain who his father was, but according to Aasen's sister Evelyn (who died in 1988), his father was Alfred Aasen. When Aasen was ten years old, he and his mother moved from Ridgeway, Iowa (where his uncle Sam/Sevre lived with his wife Cornelia) to Sheyenne, North Dakota with his two younger siblings. Aasen was a Freemason. He raised to the degree of Master Mason at Highland Park Lodge No. 382, Los Angeles on July 14, 1924. When in Sheyenne, Aasen's mother operated a restaurant. He attended school and helped out in the family business. In 1902, Aasen's mother died. He was taken into many homes and families. When a family he was staying with started to operate a hotel in Leeds, North Dakota, he moved with them there. Aasen's growth started slowly. When he was confirmed in the Lutheran faith in Grandfield Lutheran Church near Sheyenne, North Dakota, he was the shortest in his class. According to some sources, Aasen was around 2.74 m or 8 feet, 11½ inches (which, if true, would make him even taller than Robert Wadlow, the tallest verified person in history). The Top 10 of Everything 2010 edition states his height at 8 feet, 9.7 inches. According to the 1978 edition of Guinness World Records he was only 7 feet (213.4 cm). Just before his death, at age 46, he was medically measured at 7 feet 0.9 inches, however he had lost some height due to age and could not stand completely straight anymore. In June 2008, Loma Linda University confirmed that the 7-foot-2.4-inch (219 cm) skeleton they had in their collection was John Aasen. Aasen worked for Midway Chemical, a company based in St. Paul, in 1917-1918. After that, he worked in various shows, including Barnum & Bailey and C.A. Wortham's World's Best Shows. The death of giant George Auger led to Aasen's working in the film Why Worry? (1923). Later, he acted in several other films like Bengal Tiger, Charlie Chan at the Circus, Growing Pains, Should Married Men Go Home?, Legionnaires in Paris, Two Flaming Youths, The Sting of Stings, Long Fliv the King and the Tod Browning film Freaks, in a small uncredited cameo appearance. Aasen died from pneumonia on August 1, 1938 at Mendocino State Hospital in Mendocino, California. His body was later shipped to a doctor in Missouri for study and dissection. The skeleton was kept by the doctor, and eventually shipped to Loma Linda, California. Aasen's cremated soft parts were given a Masonic funeral at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California.

• 年金に関する英文

1)下記は老齢年金についてで特にweeksとcoverage が不明です。 Wage earners must be age 65 or older with at least 1,040 weeks of work or 800 weeks of work with at least 50% of the weeks since coverage began in covered employment (men), or age 60 or older with at least 520 weeks of work (women). 2)下記は障害年金についてで特にtops upとaccumulated capital が不明です。 Disability insurance tops up the accumulated capital in the individual account if the balance is less than the required minimum to finance the permanent disability pension. 以上よろしく

• どのような意味でしょうか

After many hours of crying and shouting he admitted to me that he and this person have engaged in sexual contact. I'm crushed! This is the love of my life! I would never have suspected cheating from him! He said he had to get his curiosity out of his system before he asked me to marry him this summer. get his curiosity out of his systemとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文和訳(とにかく分からないです)

以下の1文はAdam Smith-Theory and Politics-The four stages of Societyの481頁からの引用です。 From the system I have already explain'd, you will remember that I told you we may conceive an injury was done one when an impartial spectator would be of opinion he was injured, would join with him in his concern and go along with him when he defended the subject in his possession against any violent attack, or used force to recover what had been thus wrongfully wrested out of his hand. 質問は、この文は一体全体どうなっているのか、ということです。 you will remember that I....の「you」が全体の主語で、that節の主語はI、そしてI told you(that)we may....でまたthat節に入りyouが主語になる。(that)we may....はwe may conceive an injury was doneで終わる。 ここで「one」がくるのですが、when以下は挿入で one would join....という風に「one」は主語であると考える。すると、one would join with him in his concern and go along with him when....に続く。 あぁ、とにかくどこがどうなっているやら、そもそもoneは主語であっているのか、2つのwhenはどこにかかるのか、ということが分かりません。どなたか分かる方いらっしゃいますか? From the system I have already explain'd, の the systemは「占有することで財産権(所有権)が生まれる仕組み」を指します。

• 英文の翻訳おねがいします。

沖縄の戦争についての新聞記事です。 英語が得意な方、翻訳よろしくおねがいします。 A kamikaze pilot confessed his desire to live before he left on a suicide mission in World War II, according to a diary recently donated to a museum in Tokyo, which offers a touching glimpse into the thoughts of a young man before his final flight. Akira Otsuka, from Tokyo's Asakusa district, went unaccounted for after his aircraft left for Okinawa on April 29, 1945. He was 22. Otsuka, who was scheduled to enter Tohoku University, volunteered to join the Imperial Japanese Navy. The diary, written in a notebook that has become yellowish over the years, is on display at Wadatsumi no Koe Kinenkan in Tokyo's Bunkyo Ward, which features material on students who died in World War II. In the diary, Otsuka often emphasized that he was prepared to die for the nation. "I must devote myself to everyday training to sink enemy aircraft carriers," he wrote. In an entry on April 1, however, Otsuka confessed that he sometimes gave in to despair, although he had aspired to become a kamikaze pilot. In an entry the following day, he wrote: "Japan, a divine nation, must definitely win out. I believe I can make up for being an unfilial son by dying for the imperial cause. But is it selfish if I wish to live and fulfill my duties to my parents?" Makoto Kumagai, 88, Otsuka's classmate in high school in Yamagata, was given the diary about 10 years ago when he visited the home of Otsuka's family to offer incense. Kumagai, a resident of Hiratsuka, Kanagawa Prefecture, donated the diary to the museum in June so that younger generations can learn about the horrors of war. "In those days, we could not say we wanted to live," Kumagai said. "Otsuka probably wrote what was in his heart in the diary, even though he bottled up his feelings." In an entry on April 4, Otsuka described the scene during a visit home where he told his family that he was selected to be a kamikaze pilot. "Father must have felt sad to know that I will be dying," he wrote. "His face clouded over for a moment, but he encouraged me to carry out my mission, thinking about the country's situation and my responsibility." He also wrote: "I left my parents after engraving the faces of my father, mother, brother and sister deep in my heart." The diary ended with an entry on April 19, when Otsuka left Tokyo's Ueno Station and returned to his unit in Ibaraki Prefecture. "I will take off toward the skies of Okinawa to repay my obligations to my parents," he wrote, 10 days before he left on his suicide mission. Kumagai has spent a year compiling the personal notes and records of students who went to war into a book. The book, "Gakuseitachi no Taiheiyo Senso" (The Pacific War of students), will be released in mid-September by publisher Yumekoubou. "What kind of country was (Japan) that (the students) tried to defend?" Kumagai said. "I want young people to think about that." Even 66 years after the war, Wadatsumi no Koe Kinenkan still receives material left by students, such as Otsuka's diary. The museum, currently closed, will reopen Aug. 31. It is open from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, except for national holidays. Admission is free.