• ベストアンサー

英文和訳宜しくお願いします!

Cleopatraの話です。 No other queen of the ancient world has captured the world's imagination the way she has. 古代の世界のクレオパトラ以外の全ての女王達は世界の想像を捉えた。 と訳すのがイマイチしっくり来ません。古代の世界の女王達の話なのですから、捉えた、では無くて、捉えられた、と、受身に成る様な気がします。 良く文意が分かりません。 どなたか、教えて頂けませんでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。  訳     古代の世界において、彼女ほど世界の想像を捕えた(=世界の注目を浴びた)女王はいない。 2。  古代の世界の女王達の話なのですから、捉えた、では無くて、捉えられた、と、受身に成る様な気がします。     have + 過去分詞ですから、現在完了で、受身(= be 動詞+ 過去分詞)ではありません。

hosttakeo
質問者

お礼

文法書、Forestには、No other~、than~、と成って居たのに、本文では、thanが無いので、意味不明でしたが、やっぱり、thanの意味が隠れていたのですね。 大変分かり易かったです。 有難うございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9731/12105)
回答No.2

>No other queen of the ancient world has captured the world's imagination the way she has. >古代の世界のクレオパトラ以外の全ての女王達は世界の想像を捉えた。 ⇒No other queenの部分を間違えており、the way she hasの部分が訳されていません。正しい訳文は次のようになります。 「古代世界の女王達は、クレオパトラ以外には、彼女流の仕方で世界の想像を捉えてはいません。」

hosttakeo
質問者

お礼

有難うございました。

関連するQ&A

• 第五文型について

SV SVC SVO SVOO SVOC などの文型で I am a student. I give a book her. I call her Maki. などのような簡単な文ならどれがSでどれがV,Oかなどわかるのですが No other queen of the ancient world has captured the world’s imagination the way she has.(CROWNの教科書の文より) Many people want to help the environment which is being destroyed. みたいな長くて複雑な文だとどれががSでどれがVなどかまったくわかりません どなたかこのような長くて複雑な英文でのSVOなどの部分の見極め方を教えてください それと上の2つの文に限らずこのような複雑な文などにも第五文型があるのでしょうか?

• この英文に間違った表現、不適切な表現はありますか?

アメリカンジョークを自分なりに英文にしてみたのですが、この表現は間違っている、この表現よりこちらのほうがより適切である、など添削お願いします。 (1)A doctor and a carpenter and a politician were discussing the most ancient job. Doctor:God made Eve from the bone of Adam. A doctor, who performs a surgical operation, is the most ancient. Carpenter:God built the world from chaos. A carpenter is the most ancient job. Politician:Who makes the chaos? (2) "Grandma, I became to know that thunder is electricity." "Don't tell a lie. It was found over the age of lamp." (3)A fat man and a thin man were talking to each other. Fat:If anyone looked at you, the person would think famine has happened in this country. Thin:And then, in addition, the person would think so;The famine has been caused by you. (4) Dog:This master always gives me food and offers me the room. Perhaps he is God. Cat:This master always gives me food and offers me the room. Perhaps I am God.

• 世界に先駆けて

「A社は地球環境に優しい本格的なエコカーを世界に先駆けて投入した」 という文を英訳したいです。 The company A has released an environmental-friendly authentic eco-car ahead of other companies in the world. でいかがでしょうか? もっとよい英訳があれば教えてください。

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

Their first stop was an upstart city called Manchester. Early Victorian artists observed it from a safe distance,fascinated but wary,and well they might be. The safe distance,though,soon disappeared. Like an invading army,the mills and factories marched across the plain. The nation was in the grip of the world's first industrial revolution. It sucked the rural poor into new cities right across the land. But more than any other,it was Manchester that fired the Victorians'imagination. It was where you came if you wanted to see the future. In its dozens of steam-powered cotton mills,the rural immigrants got their first taste of a new world. The change must have been astonishing-the noise,the energy. This was a real revolution in the pace of life,a rupture in history. Places like this would change Britain beyond recognition. Today,Queen Street Mill is the last of its kind to survive intact.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (31) When Octavian's messengers broke into the tomb, they found Cleopatra and one of her handmaidens already dead. The other servant was dying─like her mistress, poisoned by the asp. Octavian was angry to have lost his prize, but he admired the queen's courage and determination. (32) Plutarch writes that Octavian commanded that she be “buried with royal splendor and magnificence, and her body laid beside Antony's.” He then gave orders for Caesarion's execution. For Octavian, the great Julius Caesar could have only one heir─himself. (33) What gave Cleopatra such power? She wasn't the most beautiful woman the world has ever known, but she must have been fascinating Poets and historians, both Greek and Roman, described her as a goddess. Her fame continues. Countless plays, operas, and movies have been produced about her. William Shakespeare's play Antony and Cleopatra is still performed today all over the world. Cleopatra's dramatic death has been the subject of dozens of paintings. Yet no one knows what she really felt about her Roman loves. Did she truly care about Caesar or was he just a tool of her ambition? Did she fall in love with the handsome Mark Antony or did she use him in a desperate attempt to save the throne of Egypt? (34) These mysteries surround the Cleopatra of history. We may never know the answers.

• 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は適切ですか?

In fact, the news of Japan’s working poor would not be surprising for those coming from outside Japan. Most countries in the world have even larger populations of working poor. In this sense, Japan has been quite late in developing a population of lower class people. In another sense, having a class-based society is quite a natural phenomenon. Therefore, Japan was quite unusual in having few working poor in the past. This may mean that in the future, we can expect to see more working poor similar to other countries. 和訳 実際には、日本以外の国からきた人達にとって日本のワーキングプアのニュースは驚くようなことではないでしょう。世界の多くの国ではワーキングプアの人口はさらに大きいものなのです。この意味では日本の下層階級の人口形成は実に遅かったのです。別の意味では、階級別社会があるというのはまったくもって自然な現象なのです。よって、日本が過去ほとんどワーキングプアがいなかったということが実に珍しいことだったのです。このことは将来的に、他の国々同様にもっと多くのワーキングプアを目にするであろうということを指しているのかもしれません

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m4

Nearly 500 languages vantshed in the 20th century in Africa and South America, and it is not only languages in developing nations that are at risk. Languages like Danish,Welsh, and Dutch are undoubtedly under threat, and the cultures of these countries and their unique world views may be lost. If all Danish people switch to English, then they will increasingly become unable to read and understand the books that have contributed to their culture and identity. This trend has been called cultural imperialism by those who view this development negatively. There have been other dominant languages in the past: Ancient Greek, Sanskrit, Latin, and others. What the have in common is that today no one speaks them as a living language. However their influene on our modern cultures is indisputable. Although Latin "died, " it evolved into Spanish,French,ltalian, Portuguese,and heavily influenced English. よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英文の添削をお願いします!!

英語が非常に苦手なものです(泣)明日英語のスピーチがあるのですが、時間がないので助けてほしいです!よろしくお願いします!! 英文:The world heritage which I want to perform is an Egyptian pyramid. I introduce three major pyramids. The pyramid was registered with a world heritage in 1979. There are three pyramids made in the Cairo neighboring, Giza Heights of the western part basin of the Nile by king Khufu, king Khafra, king Men-kau-Ra. It is the huge building of a quadrangular pyramid constructed in Egypt and Central and South America mainly. A passage and a room are made with the thing which piled up a huge stone on the quadrangular pyramid inside. With the thing that ancient King let you build it, it was said to be a grave of the King until late years. However, a coffin was not always put and understood that I constructed many pyramids with one King. Furthermore, it seems to have been a given public works project to have understood while I pushed forward the investigation in order to offer work place to the pyramid somehow or other in the slack season for farmers. It was considered to be a slave to have been engaged in the building of the pyramid, but the graffiti of the ancient people had for the building spot is only a thing praising King till then. I was not made to commit distress forcibly, and everybody was engaged in pyramid building with pleasure. Three major pyramids and the Sphinx are one of the world seven wonders. Greatest Pyramid of Khufu had building of 146m at first. However, I become 137m now because top part collapses. As for the etymology of the pyramid, an opinion that lah comes from making a mistake with a zing hinting at triangular bread in Greek is the most convincing. Of meaning it "go up" in a pyramid of Giza in ancient Egyptian "Mel" (guessed words called the thick-haired codium right.) A pyramid is the thing that a lot of mysteries are still mysterious. When the all of you come once by all means, how?私が 日本語:行ってみたい世界遺産はエジプトのピラミッドです。三大ピラミッドを紹介します。 ピラミッドは1979年に世界遺産に登録されました。 カイロ近郊、ナイル川の西部流域のギザ高原にクフ王、カフラー王、メンカウラー王によって造られた3つのピラミッドがあります。 主にエジプトや中南米に建造された四角錐の巨大な建造物です。巨大な石を四角錐に積み上げたもので、中には通路や部屋が作られています。 古代の王が築かせたもので、近年までは王の墓だとされてきました。ところが、必ずしも棺が収められているわけではなく、一人の王でいくつものピラミッドを建造していることも分かってきました。 さらに調べを進めていくうちに分かってきたことは、どうやらピラミッドは農閑期に多くの民衆が働く場を提供すべく、与えられた公共事業だったようです。 それまではピラミットの建造に携わってきたのは奴隷とされてきましたが、建造現場に残されている古代の民衆の落書きは、王を讃えるものばかりです。苦渋を強いて働かされていたわけではなく、皆喜んでピラミット建造に携わっていたのです。三大ピラミッド及びスフィンクスは世界七不思議の一つです。最大のクフ王のピラミッドは建造当初は146mありました。しかし現在、頂上部分が崩壊していることから137mになっています。 ピラミッドの語源はギリシア語で三角形のパンを指すピューラミスに由来する、という説が最も有力です。古代エジプト語ではギザのピラミッドに「昇る」という意味の「メル(ミル」という言葉を当てていました。 ピラミッドは未だに謎が多く、神秘的なものです。みなさんも是非一度は訪れてみてはどうでしょうか。

• 訳を教えてください

That book did something not many other things I had thus far encountered in life were able to do ---it took me out of myself and put me into a larger world ---not all that much larger, now that I come to think about it,but large enough to stir my imagination. 自分なりに訳したら「あの本は私がこれまでのところ人生で遭遇した他のそれほど大きくないものができた何かをした。それは、私を自分自身から連れだし、より大きい世界に私を入れました。今や私はより大きい世界について考えるようになるので、はるかに大きい全ての世界は、しかし私の想像力をかきたてるくらいに広い世界の全てとは限らない」と、意味不明な訳になってしまいました・・・。特にわからない箇所は were able to do のdoは何をさしているのか、now thatはいまや~なのだからと訳していいのか、ということです。できれば全ての訳を教えてください

• 英訳をお願いしたいのですが

Greenberg has proposed that the "Indian" languages of the New World can be grouped into three families, a rather striking proposal when one considers that 1500 languages are involved, covering Noth, Central, and South America. これで前半部は「グリンバーグは新世界の「インディアン」語は3つの群に分類することができると提案し」と、まぁ文意は取れたのですが 後半部a rather striking~以下が分かりません。 そもそもa rather striking proposalの役割は?? といった感じであります… 分かる方いらっしゃいましたら、お願いします。