• ベストアンサー

on to me

A: I'm a little upset with Ken. B: May I know why? A: He's always on to me. B: There's no reason to feel that way. I'm sure he doesn't mean to make you feel bad. のMay I know why?とon to meの訳と解釈を教えていただけないでしょう?

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

ちょっとケンにはうんざりしてるの。 なぜだか聞いていい? 直訳は「なぜだか知ってもよろしいでしょうか」 しつこく連絡してくるの。 そんなふうに思わなくても。悪気はないと思うよ。 この前の質問でお答えしたように、be on to ~で 「~のことを考える」「~に連絡をとる」です。 今回は内容的に後者の方でしょうね。 あるいは「人にがみがみ言う」的な意味もあります。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

May I know why? は  『訳を教えてもらってもいい?』と丁寧な聞き方ですが、プライベートなことを聞く時には良く使う表現です。 Onを形容詞に使うと辞書を見ればお分かり通りいろいろと意味がありピンポイントでこの意味だとはなかなか言えません。 ご質問の会話ではAは女性で、ケンをすこし嫌がっているようなので、『ケンが私にいつも付きまとうの』とするとぴったりすると思います。

• dorian337
  • ベストアンサー率51% (158/305)
回答No.2

May I know why? A が言ったことの理由を聞いている。 何故だか聞いてもいい? なぜなの? Why is that? を馬鹿丁寧に言ったようなもの。 I'm on to you. と言えば I'm watching you. と同じで、何かを探り出そうとして (何か悪いことしていないか) 見計らっている、ということです。 He's always on to me. 彼はいつも俺のことを勘繰っているんだ。 https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080416062211AANpgdo

関連するQ&A

• on to me

He's always on to me.の直訳と解釈を教えていただけないでしょうか?

• barge in on me

Whenever I'm trying to work on my portfolio or learn new skills (such as coding a website or learning a new program) she barges in on me and demands to know why I haven't found a job yet, why I'm such a failure child, and compares me to her friends' children my age who work tech jobs and are eating at five-star restaurants every week. barges in on meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• turn it around on me

In the 20 years I've been with my partner, I've had suspicions that he's cheated. Whenever I confront him, he becomes angry and tries to turn it around on me. turn it around on meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• He said to me. は正しいですか。

told meなら分かるのですがsaid to meとどうして目的格が来るのかわかりません。 文法的におかしいような気がします。 He said to I.ではダメですか。 He's taller than I.は文法的に正しい様ですが。質問の文は文法的にどうなのでしょうか。

• What's happening to me に I knowを加えると

よくDo you know what his name is?と言うべきところをDo you know what is his name?とかI know what that is をI know what is that...などと間違えていってしまうのですが、今回ほんとに分からなくなってしまいました. What's wrong with me?に例えばI knowを加えると I know what wrong with me is.でしょうか. What's happening to(on) me?の場合が進行形だしさっぱりわかりません.そのまま I know what happening to(on) me is. でしょうか. 同じく進行形でもWhat am I doing?だと I know what I am doing. としっくりくるのですが. よろしくおねがいします.

• goes all deep dish on me

Bの言ったhe goes all deep dish on meの意味を教えてください! A "Who's that?" B "Just my dad ordering pizza. Sorry I gotta hang up before he goes all deep dish on me."

• 英語の問題です

次の会話文が成立するように(  )に適語を入れよ。  1、A:I'm going to New York next week. B:I want (  ) (  ) call me when you get there. 2、A:Anne, I'd like to (i  ) (  ) to my son, Ken. B:Nice to meet you, Ken. I'm Anne. 3、A:I want to learn Chinese. Isn't there anyone who can teach me? B:(H  ) (  ) Yoko's brother? He speaks Chinese very well.

• my husband has been on me

Since we moved here, my husband has been on me about “getting a job.” He now says that “exploring your options” sounds flaky, and he doesn’t understand why I am not contacting people and sending out résumés, etc. ここでのon meの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• An email to John #3

Johnへのemailです。 より自然な表現をご指導ください。 Hi, John. How's it going? Thank you for your loooong email! I read it first thing in the morning! John, I want you to know I'm real happy to get it from you. And also, I'm so glad to hear you've got promoted! Congratulations!! I know you can make it sooner or later because you've been working that hard for years. But, John, to be complete honest, I have now mixed feelings. I mean, I'm afraid your work is gonna become more hectic than it is now. Well, I want you to know you are no longer twenty-something boy, John. 〈g〉 Please take it easy and good care of yourself. And if there is anything I can do for you, just let me know, okay? I'll do anything, whatever it takes, to make you feel better. Oh, BTW, did you see the photos I sent to you the other day? Yes, I had them taken at the party. Did you find me among a lot of people? Now you see how I dressed up, I hope you like it.〈g〉 John, Ken hasn't changed a bit, though he's got a few lines here and there.〈g〉 We had a very good time with him. Oh, he gave me a message for you. He wants to see you when he goes to the U.S. around this June, if you happen to have some time. He's gonna email you soon to make sure you're still alive.〈g〉 Well, I gotta go and get started. Please take care and keep in touch. お時間ありましたら、お願いいたします。

• on disability

I have been in a relationship for four years. My partner has fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. When we met, he had just found out. He was still active, working, and we had sex regularly. Fast forward: He is now on disability, not working at all, we rarely sleep together and he never leaves the house. I love him still, but I didn't realize how hard this would be. I know he has a lot to cope with, but it's hard on me as well. on disabilityはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、it's hard on meはit's hard for meとどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします