• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:Grantedの訳がわかりません!)

Grantedとは?家族計画とのバランスについて

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 家族計画において、仕事とのバランスが課題となっています。高給のジャーナリストが自身の仕事に情熱を注いでいる一方、子供たちとの時間が足りないと感じています。
  • 家族計画において、仕事とのバランスが課題となっています。妻は子供を産んだ後、パートに出ることで家事との両立を図っています。一方、夫はジャーナリストとしての仕事に全力を注いでおり、子供との時間がほとんどありません。
  • 仕事と家族のバランスについて高給のジャーナリストが悩んでいます。自身の仕事に情熱を注ぐ一方、子供との時間が足りず、後悔の念も抱えています。家族計画において、このような課題が生じています。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

Gです。 こんにちは! 何かちょっと違うんだよな. このGrantedと言う単語を、仮に、と訳すとフィーリングが出ていない異なってしまうんですね. 仮に、なんですけど、他の表現でこの文章をかえると、"The truth is, there should be some rule against well-paid journalists complaining about their fate, but make no mistake about the fact that I love my work and that my children are charming, healthy teenagers."と言うような感じかな. つまり、Grantedという言い方をして、真実としよう.といって、認めているわけです. ですから、自分の人生の成り行き(lot in life、普通悪い方)が気に入らない高給ジャーナリストにはバツがあってもいいだろうけど、ここではっきり(真実として)言っておくけど私には可愛い元気なティーネージャー(反抗期とは思えない)がいるということをね. この三つのバランスをとるのは思ってた以上に大変だけどね. といっているわけです. これで、この難しい文章が理解できるわけです. Granted, ~、と言う言い方をして、~ということもあるだろう, しかし、と言うフィーリングなんですね. これでいかがでしょうか。 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。

LOVE-BLYTHE
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!すっきりしました!なぁんとなくな全体イメージは感じ取ってはいたのですが、きっちり、となるとかなり参っていました。grantedもlet the record show thatも意味不明でしたが、よく理解できました!!ありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (4)

回答No.5

#4Gさんの答えは素晴らしい! 特にティーネージャー(反抗期とは思えない)のくだりの深い読みは。 そうですよね!私はずいぶん拾い読み、飛ばし読みしていました。粗忽者で・・・ お勉強になりました。 このサイトを読み始めてまだ一週間なのですが、このようにご意見をうかがえるのは楽しいですね。 英語は久しぶりなのですが、ブラッシュアップになります。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.3

「ともあれ、高給取りのジャーナリストが自分の運命に文句を言っちゃいけないよね。だから表向きには自分は仕事も好きだし、子供たちも可愛くて元気だとしておくけど。 でも、仕事、家族、そして仕事・子供がらみじゃないことの3つのバランスって、妻と私の予想とは大違いだね」

LOVE-BLYTHE
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。自分だけかと思っていたのですが、この文章は訳していると「~じゃん、~だよね、~だけどさ」的な感じを受けていたんですが、coupdemainさんもそのような感じに訳されていて驚きました。やはりこういったリラックスした(?)文も英語表現でできるんですね。参考になりました、ありがとうございます!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • vipula
  • ベストアンサー率35% (45/128)
回答No.2

Granted (that) ~ :もし~、かりに~(独立分詞構文の慣用) should:「~べきだ」ではなく、仮定法過去。 some rule:ruleが単数形なので、someは「何らかの」の意。 let the record show that ~:直訳すれば「証拠(record)にthat以下のことを見せてみよ」 nothin like ~:~に及ばない。すこしも~でない。 もし、自分の人生の運の向きに不平を言っている稼ぎの良いジャーナリストの邪魔をする何か法則があるというのなら、私が仕事大好き人間だということと、子供たちが可愛くて健康な中高生だという証拠を見せてみろ。 「仕事」と「家族」と「子供と仕事以外のもの」の三つのバランスなんて、私や妻がそうであろうと想像していたのとは全く違っている。 ↑こんな訳になりました。

LOVE-BLYTHE
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。やはり前後がしっくりきませんね。。。参考にさせていただきさらに考えてみます、ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#17722
noname#17722
回答No.1

すばり「かりに」です。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文の意味を教えてください。宜しくお願いします。

次の英文の意味を教えてください。宜しくお願いします。 I now realize that wanting to be ballerina was my way of expressing my need for challenge and hard work.

• 意味を教えてください

I got out of my first relationship this year, and I’m having a hard time believing that so much can be for nothing. so much can be for nothingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I got out of my first relationship this year, and I’m having a hard time believing that so much can be for nothing. so much can be for nothingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 訳をお願いします。

Mom, you are the bravest person I know and ultimate survivor . If I was ever to harbor any hate in my heart , it would be for all that you have suffered because of Phillip . Mom, you never gave up hope that I would one day come home and here I am , so glad to be back . You are everything I remember and more . You have embraced your grandchildren in a way I never believed possible. for all thatのところや here I amや possibleのとこがわからないのでお願いします。宜しくお願いします。

• 訳がわかりません 日本語にできません・・・

英語を勉強のため詩を訳しているのですがこれはなんといっているのが訳せませんでした。自分でやってみると、 もし私があなたに私が愛してると話したらそれは....わかりませんでした。君が必要だというとしたら....すみませこれ以上訳せませんでした。教えてくださいおねがいします。 If I told you I love you That doesn't mean that I don't care, And when I tell you I need you, Don't you think that I'll can never be there I'm so tired of the way you turn my words into Deception and lies... Don't misunderstand me when I try to speak my mind I'm only saying what's in my heart.

• 日本訳を教えてください(1)

Everyday you make a little sweet sound that I really love to stay and hear for long as you walk and talk and sing a song I feel this way wherever you are going I will go if it's so hard to do, so many things I have to lose, I've decided that I live my life for you I'll be there with you, my love I'll always be a part of you your joys and your pains or your tears are mine you are all I realize as true, no more I'll be there with you, my love I'll always be a part of you And I want you to know that by rule and line you are all, all that I live my life for I think of you think of every word we talked and every thing that we did together every moment we spent with each other Quite a few people in my life so far I met have gone away from me now you're the only one I see and the world is spinning just for you and me 長すぎるので分けますm(_ _)m (2)へ…

• どのような意味でしょうか

I’m a 25-year-old woman getting married in the summer. My mother is very old-fashioned and proper, and does not believe in sex before marriage. She also believes that my husband and I are virgins and will remain that way until our wedding night. Both of us have been sexually active since high school! My older sister told me that my mom is planning on giving me a sex talk and explaining how everything works and “how to please a man” before my wedding. I would like nothing less than to listen to my mother explain sex to me, would like nothing less than toはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の歌詞の訳をお願いします。

英語の歌詞の訳をお願いします。 できれば大切な人に語りかけるような口調の訳だと 嬉しいです。 I know you think that I shouldnt still love you or tell you that But if I didnt say it, well, Id still have felt it Wheres the sense in that? I promise Im not trying to make your life harder or return to where we were But I will go down with this ship I wont put my hands up and surrender There will be no white flag above my door Im in love and always will be I know I left too much mess and destruction to come back again And I caused nothing but trouble I understand if you cant talk to me again And if you live by the rules of "Its Over" then Im sure that that makes sense And when we meet, which Im sure we will, all that was there will be there still Ill let it pass and hold my tongue And you will think that Ive moved on よろしくお願いします。

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

My husband and I met in college and have been married now for six years. I love him and can't imagine living my life without him. The problem is that we are taking each other for granted and becoming increasingly harsh with the words we say. It's the tiny things that set us on edge these days. I know we are toughest on those we love the most because we expect so much from them. 最後のセンテンスの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします