• ベストアンサー

英文解説お願いします。

・・・ and among those species, they selected them:in effect, selecting for genetic characteristics. :in effect, selecting for genetic characteristics. の部分がよくわかりません。 これはどういう文法なんでしょうか? amongは倒置になっていると思います。

• ghfjri
  • お礼率92% (372/403)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

:(コロン)の用法ですね。 http://delta-scope.com/signal/punc/02.html ここでは【詳述・言い換え】として用いられている訳です。 《それは多数の種の中から敢えて、その種を選択した。(つまり)結果的には、遺伝的情報による選択が成されたということである》

ghfjri
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 参考サイトも勉強になりました

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

、、、でこれらの種類では、(結果的には、遺伝的特徴に基づいて)それらを選んでいる

ghfjri
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• kの英文の訳をお願いいたします

In fact , I could see people stopping and helping others , and being just as concerned for the safety of those around them as they were for their own .

• 英文の文法構造を教えてください。

以下の英文の文法構造を教えてください。 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For instance, the things that give meaning to the lives of the Kaihari in Africa, and shape the way that they they perceive the world, are in no way inferior to those that Norwegians use to measure their lives and the world around them. (たとえば、アフリカのカイハリ族の生活にとって大きな意味をもつものや、彼らが世界をどう捉えるかを形づくるものは、ノルウェー人が自分たちの生活や世界を評価・判断するのに用いるものと比べても、何ら劣るものではないということなんです。)

• 英文の解説お願いします

Never again would I let them beat me like this in front of my friends. についてですが、文頭に「Never again」 がきているので 倒置が施されることは分かっています。 しかし Never again would I 以下の部分の文法構成が全く分かりません。 日本語訳と共に 解説お願いします。

• 英文について

Most people watch television every day in my country. They watch television morning before go to school or company. And they watch television and eat dinner. Most family has television and watch every day. I, too, am one of those who them.  (私もそのうちの一人だ。) I agree with this idea television has destroyed communication among friends and family. 英文でなにか指摘があれば教えてください。 あと、エッセイなど書くときのアドバイスなどあれば教えてください。

• the economist で分からない英文

It would be convenient to blame the regulators for all that,but the system is stacked against them.They are paid less than those they oversee.They know less,they may be less able.they think like the financial herd ,and they are shackled by politics. 1)一文目のthatの扱いとthe system is stacked against themの訳が分かりません。システムは彼らを不利な立場に置くでいいんでしょうか。 2)2文目のthoseは人々の訳でいいんでしょうか。   3文目のfinancial herd はどう訳せばいいですか?

• 分からない英文があります。

下記の文章にある" These verses have too often been quoted with what appears to be a willful disregard for the context in which they occur,"のin which they occurの意味を教えてください。 Recently some prominent talk-show hosts, Sean Hannity among them, have been referring to certain verses in the Quran that appear to call for Muslims to kill non-Muslims. These verses have too often been quoted with what appears to be a willful disregard for the context in which they occur, thus inflaming the emotions of listeners, perpetuating grave misunderstandings, and contributing to the potential for violence on all sides.

• 倒置??

英語やり直し組です "The crisis that Pakistan is in has now entered another phase: the election set for January 8," Amir said. "And what really now has to be seen is: will the political parties participate in them - and if they do, they will lend credibility and some measure of respect to what General Musharraf has done." (1)will the political parties participate in themがよくわからないです。 よくわからないのですがこれは倒置?と呼ばれるものでしょうか? もしそうなら何故倒置されるのでしょうか? またその前の:も意味がわかりません。。。。どういうときに使われるのでしょうか? お願いします。

• 英文解釈について

下記について、なんとなく意味は理解できるのですが、どうしてこのような文構造になるのか良く理解できません。文法的な視点から説明してもらえると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。 The USA, Canada and Israel were among those voting against.

• 英文がややこしいです。

(英文) First, they attracted a mixture of experienced people and those who were newcomers to whichever field they were in. (訳) 一つは、経験豊富なメンバーと、それまでその分野に携わったことのないメンバーを混ぜて採用したことである。 1.attractedに「採用する」なんて意味ありますか?? 2.those以降の文法、解釈のしかたがややこしいです。ここのtoやwhichever等はどう訳せばいいのでしょう。また文法、用法を教えて下さい。 (英文) The second criterion , though , was far less obvious. (訳) 2つ目の基準はそれほどあきらかにされていなかった。 1.far less obviousの訳し方をわかりやすく教えて下さい。 2.farの取り扱いがどうもよくわかりません。意味の取り方を教えて下さい。 たくさんあってすみません。よろしくお願いします。

• 以下の英文について質問です

Capotoriti's definition of a minority includes four empirical criteria---a group's being numerically smaller than the rest of the population of the state; their being nondominant; their having distinctive ethnic, linguistic, or religious characteristics; and their desiring to preserve their own culture---and one legal criterion, that they be citizens of the state in question. This last element can be problematic, given the previous nomadic character of the Roma, that the still cross borders between European states to avoid persecution, and that some states have denied them citizenship, and thus minority status. Because this element essentially grants the state the arbitrary right to decide if the Roma constitute a minority without reference to empirical characteristics, it seems patentl unfair that it should be included in the definition. 所有格+beingと使われていますがこれは文法でいうとどういう用法ですか?仮定法現在でしょうか? one legal criterionのあとのthey beは仮定法現在っぽいのですがその前と形が違うので違うのかなと思ったのですが。。 また、decide if のifは~かどうか、という意味ですがRomaに関してはもう結論は出されている(minorityではない)ので、~かどうか、というのはおかしくないでしょうか?後ろでもempirical characteristicsのreferenceなしに...とありますし。(ところでempirical characteristicsはどういうcharacteristicsでしょうか。。)