• 締切済み

英文和訳です

but every book that I picked up had few sentences which didn't contain anywhere from one to nearly all of the words that might as well have been in Chinese この文の意味がわからないです。特に、might as will have been の箇所が文法的によくわからないです。英語力のある方、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

回答No.5

確かに,「中国語かのようなちんぷんかんぷん」ということなんでしょう。 ただ,やはり,この as well は「~も」というのとは違います。 なぜ as well で「同様に」の意味になるかというと, A as well as B で「B と同様に A も」というお決まりの慣用句があって, as B の方は省略,というか,前に出ていることで, A as well だけで「A も」となるのです。 だからおっしゃるように,語順的に A があって,as well です。 私が申し上げた might as well にしても might as well A as B という比較構文がもとにありますが, A as well as B というふうに,as well as で慣用句, というのとは別の well です。 might as well A as not のような感覚(B = not)で, 「そうでないのと同じくらい十分に,A かもしれない」で, 結局,「かもしれない」という推量とほとんど変わらなくなります。

KumiYagami
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございました。非常によくわかりました。

• shingo5k
  • ベストアンサー率33% (123/366)
回答No.4

>>But every book I picked up had few sentences >>which didn’t contain anywhere from one to nearly all of >>the words that might as well have been in Chinese. >>When I just skipped those words, of course, >>I really ended up with little idea of what the book said. the words that might as well have been の箇所は文字通りに訳せば 同じく中国語の中にも有ったかも知れない単語 です 仮定法過去であり、過去の事実に反する推量です 中国語の中に無い事は承知しているが、まるで中国語で あるかのようにチンプンカンプンの単語という意味です。 might have been は過去の事実に反する推量です as will は同様にの意味です from one to nearly all of はこの全体で形容詞の働きです 和訳 私が読んだどの本でも、ほとんど全ての文が、まるで中国語 かとも思えるようなさっぱり解らない単語を含んでいた。

回答No.3

may/might well 原形とか may/might as well 原形 (as ~) という熟語があります。 may に「~してもよい」と「かもしれない」の2つの意味があることから, 熟語でもいくつかの意味があってややこしいです。 以下の意味では,いくつかの辞書を見ても,ウィズダム英和辞典にしか載っていませんでしたが, might as well 原形の意味の1つとして 「~かもしれない」, might as well have 過去分詞で「~だったかもしれない」

回答No.2

だが,私が手に取ったどの本の中にも,(もともと)中国語であったかもしれないような 言葉を一つからほとんどすべてまでどこにも含んでいない文はほとんどなかった。 but の後,every book が主語,関係代名詞節 that I picked up で修飾, had few sentences で VO となって,sentences を先行詞として which 以下が修飾。 which が主格で,contain が動詞,anywhere をはさんで from 以下が目的語。 anywhere が短いので,長い O と順序が逆転しています。 (from one to nearly all of) が前からかかる形で the words とつながり, これでまとまった名詞として contain の目的語です。 from がきても目的語と思われるかもしれません。 words を先行詞として that 以下が関係代名詞節。 問題の might as well ですが,ほぼ,might だけの「~かもしれない」と同じで, have been ~が続くことで「~だったかもしれない」

• oignies
  • ベストアンサー率20% (673/3354)
回答No.1

しかし、わたしが、選んだ書物をみると、一部あるいはほとん ど全部が中国語の単語でありそうな箇所がどこにもふくまれ ていない文章というものはほぼなさそうなのであった。 might as wellの主語は、that意味上の主語は、words。 であるかもしれないような~の意味です。mightはかも しれない as wellは典型的には、~もまたと訳しますが、ここでは軽く 意味を添えているだけなので特に訳出する必要はありま せん。

KumiYagami
質問者

補足

as well がこの場所に入ることなんてあるのでしょうか。in Chinese as well の語順になるような気がします。

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳なるべく早くお願いします!

Something must have caused languages, even in the past and under traditional conditions, to diverge and to remain separate, in the face of all that contact. Here's how it happens. Any of us over the age of 40 has observed that languages change even over the course of just a few decades, with some words dropping out of use, new words being coined, and pronunciation shifting. For instance, whenever I revisit Germany , where I lived in 1961, young Germans notice that they have to explain to me some new German words (e.g, the new word Handi for cell phones, which didn't exist in 1961), and that I still use some old-fashioned German words that have been going out of use since 1961(e.g, jener/jene for "that/those"). But young Germans and I can still mostly understand each other well. Similarly, you American readers under the age of 40may not recognize some formerly popular English words like "ballyhoo," but incompensation you daily use the verb "to Google" and the participle "Googling" which didn't exist in my childhood.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

戦後日本の軍隊や経済が、当時のアメリカと比較されている本からの抜粋です。 Okita Saburo,as has been noted,recalled in his memoir a friend’s saying in the darkest days that preceded the surrender that it might be possible for Japanese to achieve in business suits what they had failed to bring about in uniform.

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! This was a campus (training-ground) for the military corps of upper-class youths, which Augustus promoted as part of a policy of producing model citizens and supporters of his regime. When not in use for drills and other displays, it would have been open to the general public as a pleasant intramural open space, analogous to the monumental porticus, such as the Porticus of Octavia and the Porticus of Livia, which the emperor created(in continuance of a Republican tradition) in the capital. It was provided with a central swimming pool and planted with plane trees whose estimated age at the time of the eruption is the chief argument for an Augustan date. The importance of the campus is attested by the fact that the space was obtained by suppressing six blocks of the pre-existing street-grid. Recent excavations have yielded traces of early properties which must have been bought or expropriated. One reason for placing the campus in the eastern part of the city may have been that this quarter was less densely populated than others, so that the cost of the development and the degree of disruption that it caused were less than they would have been elsewhere.

• 英文の和訳をして頂けませんか?

下記の英文を和訳いただけないでしょうか? 大まかな内容でも結構です。 何卒お願いいたします。 (DUKは組織名です。) In the right hand picture the internal welded plate is correctly welded into position and there are no scrape marks present inside the bore to indicate that the plate had been forced in after damage occurred. Also the round hole on the flange is severely distorted, and as a close fit pin is used to orientate the component during the clamping of the connector on to the assembly fixture, the damage must have occurred post assembly. Judging by the distortion on the edge of the flange the connector has been subjected to a severe impact on the edge of the flange adjacent to the hole as well as the upper body of the connector which must have occurred post manufacture, there have been no reports of damaged packaging which would have been highly likely to have occurred if the damage had happened in transit. It is a more probable theory that the connector has been damaged post-delivery. DUK therefore do not accept liability for the damage to this connector. Impact damage suspected to have occurred post-delivery.

• 英文和訳があります。英文和訳は正しいですか?

Multinational time I have been told that in Germany, however, guests are expected to arrive promptly (not before or after the hour stated) at parties as well as business appointments. Five o'clock in the evening means 5:00 p.m., not 5:20 or 4:45. On the other hand, in Latin American and Arab countries, no one is expected to arrive at a party until a few hours after the stated time. 日本語訳 しかしながら、聞くところによるとドイツでは、パーティーの客は 仕事上の約束と同様に、決められた時刻に正確にパーティに到着するべきだと 思われている(早くも遅くもなく)。 午後5時は 5:00 p.mのことで、5:20 や 4:45ではない。 一方、ラテンアメリカやアラブ諸国では、 予定より数時間後にならないと、 誰もパーティには到着しないのが普通だと思われている。

• 英文和訳

At the moment big structural shifts, such as the growth of China and India, are influencing prices less than one might think. The two Asian giants are demanding more food (and more types of food), but so far their own farmers have largely satisfied that, so they have not needed to trade much (though that would change dramatically if China were to import wheat this year). どなたかお願いしますm(__)m

• 和訳教えてください

意味の違いがよくわかるように和訳教えてください 1 Didn't he ask you what you wanted? Didn't you find what you wanted? 2 Whoever many come,don't let him in. Whoever comes to my office will be served a cup of tea. 3 There were only a few guests who escaped from the fire. There were only a few guests, who escaped from the fire. 4 You can take home as much food as you like. You will have as good a change as you'll ever have. よろしくお願いします

• 和訳

学校の英語で分からないところがあったので ご協力お願いします。 You are going to have to have that bad tooth looked afte that. ↑のafte thatをどう訳していいのかが分かりません。 ↑の続きで So we might as well get over with it. だからそれをよくすることがいいかと思います。 と訳しましたがあってるでしょうか? Will it hunt? Hardly at all. 痛みますか? ほとんど痛みません。 ↑であってるでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳です

Once the electrode was implanted, the team used a computer model of speech that Guenther had developed over the past 15 years to decode the signals coming from the man’s brain and discern which vowel sounds he was thinking about. Guenther presented the results at the Society for Neuroscience meeting in Washington DC on 19 November. So far, the patient has been able “to produce three vowel sounds with good accuracy”, says Guenther. This happens as quickly as normal speech, he says. “The long-term goal within five years is to have him use the speech brain-computer interface to produce words directly”, Guenther says. Most of the interfaces currently being developed transmit signals from the region of the brain that controls movement to either a prosthetic arm or even, as shown by a recent study in monkeys, the subject’s own arm. According to Guenther, this is the first brain-computer interface that has been tailored for speech. よろしくお願いします^^;

• 和訳が分かりません><

The Tasaday are significant because they are food gatherers, as were all human beings before the agricultural revolution ― in other words, for over 80 percent of human history. If, during all those tens of thousands of years, people everywhere were as peaceful as the Tasaday, then we cannot accept the common belief that Homo sapiens are innately aggressive. In fact, they had everything to lose because bloody wars might very well have destroyed the human race at a time when so few were scattered about the globe. 上記の英文の和訳が分かりません…。 何方か教えてください。