• ベストアンサー

her mothers friends?

大学受験用の参考書「英文解釈の技術100」の演習94番で分からないところがあるので教えてください。 問題の文章の一部ですが、Ever since her childhood she had been hearing her mother and her mothers friends talking of the new woman and the new woman's right to live her life as she chose. とあります。ここで、「母親の友人たち」と問題の解答で訳されている部分がher mother's friendsでなくて、her mothers friends となっている理由が分かりません。 宜しくご指導お願いいたします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

→これは誤植以外の何ものでもありません。her mother's friendsしかあり得ません。

ky4346_01_31
質問者

お礼

クラーク博士どうも有難うございました。(^O^)/

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• loomed over her

Recently, my daughter “Sarah” and her best friend, “Lauren,” were playing outside. Lauren’s mom, “Kerry,” and I have become good friends, so she was over as well. Kerry is white, and Lauren’s father is black. While the girls were playing together and I was inside, Sarah apparently cracked her jump rope at Lauren and called her “my ——.” Kerry flew into a fury. She took Sarah’s jump rope, loomed over her, and read her the riot act. loomed over herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• singled out

Dear Annie: I have an 88-year-old friend who can't hear and refuses to get tested for a hearing aid. I have talked with her many times about this situation, but she either makes excuses about her hearing problem or gets angry and refuses to discuss the issue. She just smiles and nods when people try to talk to her or tells them she can't understand them. Talking on the phone with her is impossible. And her hearing problem has gotten her into trouble when she's at appointments with doctors, as she sometimes misses what they tell her. The cost is not an issue, because she could easily afford hearing aids, and I have offered to drive her to any appointments. You cannot have a conversation with her, and she is becoming more isolated and distracted in her interactions with others. I am losing patience with her. Help! -- Frustrated Friend Dear Frustrated Friend: Denial can be a dangerous coping mechanism, but it's a coping mechanism nonetheless -- so your friend will cling to it until she's ready to let go. Continue encouraging her to get her hearing tested, and even suggest getting your own hearing checked at the same time. If she were to feel less singled out, she might feel less defensive and more open to the idea. If she were to feel less singled outの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• neglectful

Our son had a longtime childhood friend, Jane, and they started dating in high school. Jane’s mother died when she was young and her father was neglectful due to alcohol abuse. neglectful due to alcohol abuseとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• had her pick of colleges

My daughter “Sarah” is 21. She did extremely well in high school and had her pick of colleges. She chose to attend a great college about two hours from home. had her pick of collegesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• flew her out

My father began dating four years after my mother passed away from a terrible bout with cancer. He and I have always been close; in fact, I have always considered him to be one of my best friends. But since he started dating he has changed. I just traveled across the country for a family funeral and discovered that he has a new love in his life, and that he flew her out to see all of our extended family. My dying grandmother got to meet her, but I didn't even know her name! flew her outはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got toはcouldに置き換えられるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My friend is going through a rough patch. Some of her friends have tossed her aside. She's having problems at work and then trying to juggle things with a new guy. ここでのtossed her asideとjuggle things with a new guyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 時制と冠詞に関して

次の英作文について質問がございます。 I have the photo of my friend's wedding party. The left girl was a bride and my best friend. She was beautiful from her childhood. We went to the same school from the kindergarten school to the high school. (1)写真を一枚しか撮らなかった場合、the photoでしょうか、a photoでしょうか。このケースで写真は世界にたった一つしかないものです。 (2)新婦は過去型でも構わないと思うのですが、best friendは過去形にしてしまうと、今は親友ではない、みたいなニュアンスにならないのでしょうか?でも and is my best friendという文は変ですよね笑 (3)この結婚における花嫁は世界で一人だと思います。そうだとすれば、the brideとすべきでしょうか? (4)she was beautifulですが、これも写真について話しているため、過去形にしましたが、これだと今は美しくないみたいなニュアンスになりませんか? また、写真ではなく今の彼女について話す場合、She has been beautiful from her childhoodのように、形容詞を現在完了で表すことはあるのでしょうか? (5)これも私達が通った学校はそれぞれ世界で一つであり、theが好ましいと考えたのですが、あっていますか?

• that's on her

If your sister-in-law wants to give in to her mother's manipulations and host a Thanksgiving dinner instead of you, then that's on her. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/askamy/s-2015031-p3 that's on herのonはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• gave her a ring

A:How's your girlfriend? Is she all right? B:I gave her a ring last night and she was fine. の、「I gave her a ring」と同じ意味はどれかという問題で、選択肢に、 「I telephoned her」があり、これが正解なのは分かるのですが、 「I presented her with a ring」が不正解なのは文法的にまずいのでしょうか?

• called her out on it

I've been with "Betty" for 20 years. Last week, a repairman came to fix the phone line. On his way out, Betty followed him and said in a sexy voice, "I like bald-headed men. You come back." Betty didn't know I overheard what she said until I walked in after she had picked up the phone to call her girlfriend. She then told the woman that it probably hurt my feelings. She's right. It hurt my feelings and made me realize she really didn't care one whit about me. When I called her out on it, she claimed she was just being friendly. called her out on itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします