• ベストアンサー

ここのasは関係代名詞ですか

この文の前部分を先行詞とする Never, perhaps, was an army of such size annihilated on the field of battle so completely, and with so little loss to its antagonist, as was the Roman army at Cannae.

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.5

まず,An army of such size was never annihilated ~が never が前に出ることにより,倒置。 この倒置は as とは無関係です。 そして,こういう S was annihilated ~に対して, the Roman army at Cannae was annihilated が「~のように,同じように」と接続詞 as でつなぐとき, 主語が別で動詞部分が同じである場合に, as was S (annihilated ~) と倒置させ, 代動詞的に was 以下は省略,S が最後にくることにより, 文末強調となり,主語同士の比較が際立ちます。 こういう主語同士を際立たせるための倒置は 比較の than/as の後にしばしば見られます。 カンネーでのローマ軍がそうであったようには, あれだけのサイズの軍隊があれだけ完全に,あれだけ敵軍の被害が少なく, 壊滅されたことは,たぶん,それまでなかったであろう。

b-e-d___Busaiku
質問者

お礼

わかりやすい回答ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (4)

• Nebusoku3
  • ベストアンサー率38% (1441/3774)
回答No.4

この as は as was  と組み合わせで使っています。 現在形であれば as is 現状のままでの意味ですね。 as was であれば 文の流れから 「無傷に近かった」 という意味と思います。 あり得ないというか、おそらく、そのようなサイズの軍は、戦場で完膚なきまでに全滅し、そして、敵対者である Cannaeのローマ軍にとってはそれほどの損失は無く、無傷に近い状態でした。 Never, perhaps, が訳しにくかったですが概要は合っていると思います。

b-e-d___Busaiku
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 3人を代表してあなたにお礼しときます。

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.3

迷いやすいと思いますが、こういう場合の as は接続詞とします。 My father works in a bank, as does yours. Do it as I do it. など as の後ろに主語、述語があって(冗長を避けるために補語は見かけ上省かれていますが)文章として成り立っている場合です。ちょっと性格の似た単語には when, once, unless, until, although, if, while などがあります。 注:関係代名詞はそれ自体が(後ろに続く文章の)主語として働かなければなりません。

b-e-d___Busaiku
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

• Oubli
  • ベストアンサー率31% (744/2384)
回答No.2

この場合のasは関係副詞ですね。先行詞は漠然とした前文の状況です。関係詞節は倒置されていて、the Roman armyが主語 だと思うのですが、それでよろしいでしょうか。つまり、ローマ軍が大敗したのでしょうか。

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

『の如く』という接続詞です。

関連するQ&A

• 関係代名詞「for which」?

A dream is ,so to speak , an additonal helping of experience for which,in my opinion ,we are never sufficiently greatful. (夢は、いわば経験のさらなるおかわりである。これには、どれほど感謝しても行きすぎにはならないと私は思う。) この関係代名詞「for which」の先行詞は「an additonal helping of experience」でしょうか? 関係代名詞を使用しないと,「we are never sufficiently greatful for an additonal helping of experience.」となりえますか?

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The Battle of Flers–Courcelette (15–22 September 1916) was fought during the Battle of the Somme in France, by the French Sixth Army and the British Fourth Army and Reserve Army, against the German 1st Army, during the First World War. The Anglo-French attack of 15 September began the third period of the Battle of the Somme but by its conclusion on 22 September, the strategic objective of a decisive victory had not been achieved.

• 翻訳、関係代名詞について

以下の英文について質問させてください。 (古代マケドニアに関する記述です) He agreed with the Athenians, who(1) had been so far unable to conquer Amphipolis, which(2) commanded the gold mines of Mount Pangaion, to lease it to them after its conquest, in exchange for Pydna (lost by Macedon in 363) 彼はアテナイ人に同意した 彼はいまだにアンフィポリスを征服できないでいた whichは、Pangaion山金鉱を要求した アンフィポリスを征服した後、アテナイ人にその金鉱の使用権を認め、 見返ににピュドナを渡すと(それは363年にマケドニアによって失っていた) (1)whoは文脈でHeだとわかりますが、the Atheniansだと文法的に問題があるのでしょうか? (2)whichの先行詞は何になるのでしょうか? 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 教えて下さい。名詞と接続詞

(1)Because of the movement of a glacier, the form of the Great Lakes was very slow.この文章では間違いを探す問題で、the formをthe formationに変えるが正解なのですが、どちらも同じような意味で名詞なのですが、このような解答になるのはどうしてですか? (2)Little is known about platinum because so little of it exists.という文章でbecause S+Vか、because of~となると思うのですが、この(2)の文章のofは、「ほとんど存在していない」の意味に含まれるのでしょうか?

• 関係代名詞thatについて

長文問題に出ていた文章です。  Churchill was so fond of the dog that he felt a little sorry about it. チャーチルは、とてもその犬が好きだったので、彼はそれを少し残念に思った。  ・・・英文だけ出しても意味不明なので、軽くあらすじを。  元英国首相のチャーチルは、かなりな愛犬家であって、よく旅行に犬を連れていった。連れて行くことの出来ない旅行では、帰ってきたとき、使用人に犬を駅まで連れて来させていた。いつも犬は、チャーチルに飛びついていった。  ある日、犬のえさ係の使用人が、チャーチルの旅行についていった。二人が旅行から帰ってきたとき、犬は、使用人のほうに飛びついていった・・・(長文失礼)  と、いうわけで上の文章に続くわけですが、この文章の関係代名詞"that"がよくわかりません。 上の訳では、「~なので」みたいな意味になっていますが、これはどのような用法から、この訳がきているのでしょうか? 直訳したとき、このthatはどのような訳が当てはまるでしょうか。  よろしくお願いします。

• 長文中のこのthatは関係代名詞?

よろしくお願いします。 第2文のthat we see のthatは関係代名詞ですか。 もしそうなら先行詞はどれでしょうか? Writers who generate verbal fog seldom hesitate to suggest to confused readers that the problem is theirs. (言葉の霧を作っている作家は、混乱している読者に対してその問題を読者の問題ということを示唆するのをめったにためらわない) I think this is the real reason -far more than ignorance of technique -that we see so much more bad than good writing. (私はこれは技法に関する無知以上に、良い文よりもっと悪い文を多く見る本当の理由だと思う。) It provides a comouflage,a mask ,a shield of technique behind which we hide,hoping no one sees through to the frightened little writer. (それはカモフラージュ、マスク、あるいは技法の楯を作り、私たちはその後ろに隠れて、 だれもそれを見通して恐れている小心な作家を見ないことを望む。) おしえてください。

• 翻訳 as, so that, ;

翻訳をお願い致します。 それぞれの文節同士の関係性(何が原因で何が結果か)が分かりません。 綺麗な日本語でなくても構わないので、文法的に簡潔に説明していただけたら助かります。 I told him, that it[music] affects me to such a degree, as often to agitate my nerves painfully, producing in my mind alternate sensations of pathetic dejection, so that I was ready to shed tears; and of daring resolution, so that I was inclined to rush into the thickest part of the battle. "Sir,(said he)I should never hear it, if it made me such a fool." as often so that daring resolution inclined to rush into the thickest part of the battle などが分かりません。 私は彼に以下のような話をした。 音楽は私に強烈に作用する。 それは私の神経を痛ましいほどに揺り動かし、 精神内に、それまでのものに取って代わるみじめで憂鬱な情動を喚起する。 だから?(したがって) 私は涙を流す準備をしたのだ。 and of daring resolution,? そして、向こう見ずな態度で、最も激を極める勝負に乗り込む傾向があったのだ。? あなたが私を馬鹿にするなら、あなたの話なんて聞くのではなかったよ。 無理矢理訳してみましたが、いまいち状況がつかめません。 この一部分だけが引用されていたのです。 おそらく小説からの抜粋で、音楽を重くみすぎる語り手に対して、聞き手がつめたい反応を返すっていうシーンだと想像しているのですが。。。

• 代名詞について教えてください

代名詞について教えてください 真ん中辺のShe may say... とありますが、ここでheではなくsheを使っているのはどうしてだと思いますか。 A useful counterfactual has to be within the reasonable array of options. This is sometimes called cotenability. It must be plausible to imagine two conditions existing at the same time. Suppose someone said that if Napoleon had stealth bombers, he could have won the Battle of Waterloo. She may say such a counterfactual is designed to test the importance of military technology, but it makes little sense to imagine twentieth-century technology in a nineteenth-century setting. The two are not cotenable. Although it might be good for laughs, it is not a fruitful use of counterfactual thinking because of the anachronism involved. In real life, there never was a possibility of such a conjunction.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

A major problem for the Bulgarians was that their army and resources were stretched to the limits from Dobruja to Macedonia and Albania. In this difficult situation the Bulgarian high command turned to its German allies. The Germans themselves had little reinforcements to offer as the Brusilov Offensive had taken its toll and the Battle of the Somme was still raging. They turned to the Ottoman Empire and convinced Enver Pasha to send the 11,979 men of the 50th Division to Macedonia.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

The Battle of Mărășești (August 6, 1917 – September 8, 1917) was the last major battle between the German Empire and the Kingdom of Romania on the Romanian front during World War I. Romania was mostly occupied by the Central Powers, but the Battle of Mărășești kept the northeastern region of the country free from occupation.On July 22, 1917, the Romanians launched a joint offensive with Russia against the Austro-Hungarian 1st Army, around Mărăști and the lower part of the Siret river, which resulted in the Battle of Mărăști. Although there was some initial success, a counter-offensive by the Central Powers in Galicia stopped the Romanian-Russian offensive.The offensive of the German Ninth Army, from the Army Group Mackensen, started on August 6, 1917, when the units of the Russian Fourth Army on the Siret River were expected to leave their positions to reinforce the front in the north of Moldavia and be replaced by the divisions of the Romanian First Army (commanded by General Constantin Cristescu until August 12, then by General Eremia Grigorescu). For 29 days, until September 3, this sector was the scene of the most important battle delivered by the Romanian army during the 1917 campaign. The Battle of Mărășești had three distinct stages. During the first stage (August 6–12), successively committed to battle, the troops of the Romanian First Army, together with Russian forces, managed to arrest the enemy advance and forced the Germans, through their resistance, to gradually change the direction of their attack north-westward. In the second stage (August 13–19), the Romanian Command completely took over the command of the battle from the Russians and the confrontation reached its climax on August 19, ending in a complete thwarting of the enemy's attempts to advance. The third stage (August 20 – September 3) saw the last German attempt at least to improve their positions in view of a new offensive, this one too baffled by the Romanian response. Starting with August 8, 1917, the fighting on the Mărășești front combined with an Austro-Hungarian-German offensive at Oituz. Battle of Mărășești マラシェスティの戦い