• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:are sorted through)

What does 'are sorted through' mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Judge Adams chooses to involve the media as little as possible while personal family matters are sorted through.
  • The phrase 'are sorted through' means to be resolved or dealt with.
  • Judge Adams wants to keep the media involvement to a minimum until personal family matters are resolved.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

アダムズ判事は、他の理由もあるが、まだ未成年の娘がいてその娘のことを考慮しなければならないので、個人的な家庭の問題を整理する間、メデイアの関与をできる限り少なくすることにした。 sorted throughは、「(問題が)整理・解決される」のような意味でしょう。

engg
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!  whisltの意味するところもよくわからなかっのてずが、この質問を投稿したあと、実際のインタビューのスクリプトを見つけたので、見たところ、確かに「個人的な家庭の問題を整理する間」が合致するような発言(夫の時間かせぎ的なこと)を妻がしていました。大変参考になりました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> Judge Adams, who among other reasons, still has a minor daughter to consider, chooses to involve the media as little as possible whilst personal family matters are sorted through. 文の内容は  アダムズ判事は、他にも考慮すべきことがあって、それは下の娘のことだ。家庭内の個人的なレベルの問題がマスコミによって取り上げられて云々されるのを可能な限り最少にしなければならない。 といったことだと思います。sort through ... は 「・・・ を分類する」 という意味ですから、ここでは 「家庭内のあれこれを取り上げてそのいちいちについて適不適(善悪)を評価する」 といった意味合いではないでしょうか。要するに 「ふるい分ける」 に近い意味ではないでしょうか。

engg
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! 大変参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• he get help

以下の文章の最後の部分がよくわかりません。なぜsがないのですか? また、he get helpの訳を教えてください。(記事は、体罰を加えているところを娘にビデオに撮られて公開された父親の話で、父親の代理人のコメントの部分です。) In the statement released by his attorney, Judge Adams questioned the genuineness of his daughter’s pleas that he get help. http://www.today.com/id/45146961/ns/today-today_news/t/daughter-beating-video-why-i-released-it/#.UbwVFmEZ6So よろしくお願いします!

• この"as-as構文"の意味は何ですか?

Great as are the preoccupations absorbing us at home, concerned as we are with matters that deeply affect our livelihood today and our vision of the future, each of these domestic problems is dwarfed by, and often even created by, this question that involves all humankind. このページからです http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres54.html これは "we are concerned with matters A to the same extent that we are concerned with B." と同じ意味ですか?

• turn over like a 16-year-

おかあさんが娘を怒っているときの台詞なんですが、どういう意味でしょうか?  “You turn over like a 16-year-old and take it, like a grown woman!’’ http://www.today.com/id/45146961/ns/today-today_news/t/daughter-beating-video-why-i-released-it/#.UbwVFmEZ6So 同じ記事のあとのほうにある以下の台詞もthat's something ~の部分がわかりません。訳を教えてください。 “His being fit for the job, that’s something that I really can’t say that he is.’’ よろしくお願いします!

• through 前置詞

In the condolence message, Clinton wrote, ‘‘One thing that shines through is the resilient spirit of Japanese which is an inspiration to us all. Our prayers, thoughts and hearts are with you now and in the months and years ahead as you rebuild and recover shines throughの後なのですが前置詞かと思ったのですが、後には名詞がこなくてもいいのでしょうか?動詞isがきているので。何か省略されてるのでしょうか?

• 英語の問題教えて下さい!

what(are,is,matters,to,if,willing,you)take part in the project. She is no longer(used, what,to,be,she). my(me,uncle,I,today, has,am,what,made) この並びえを教えて下さい。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を買いました。発送の事でメールが来たんですがいまいちわかりません。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 I have spoken to Andrew today and he will be giving me today the see freight details as he is still awaiting a reply as for the air freight (as you can see below). I hope I can have it sorted for you asap.

• 今日の星占い英文の翻訳をお願いします。

Direct your energy outward -- you need to be part of the vital web that keeps life flowing on a day like today. As long as you are helping others, you are sure to find your own needs getting met as well.

• when they are notとは何ですか

Quite often bioethicists use clinical cases to support particular moral obligations or rights as if these cases were representative of the kind of information we can acquire about human diseases through genetic testing, when they are not. 倫理学者たちは、頻繁に、特別な道徳的義務や権利を支持するために、彼らがいない時、 あたかも、こうした症例が、遺伝子テストを通じて、我々が、人間の病気について求めること が出来るような、代表的な情報の種類であったかのように、臨床の症例を使う。 <質問> (1)訳してみましたが、歯切れが悪い。    どこがおかしいのでしょうか (2)when they are not/theyとは倫理学者たちが不在の意味ですか (3)If these cases were /過去形になっていますが、なぜですか

• break out in hives

My childless sister “Sally” and I are close but are having a disagreement. Sally lives several hours away, and my 8-year-old daughter and I try to visit for the weekend about once per month. The problem is that my daughter has severe pet allergies, and Sally has two cats and a small terrier. Though she keeps her house as clean as possible, the very presence of these pets causes my daughter to sneeze, congest, and sometimes break out in hives. break out in hivesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

・It may not be wise spend a huge amount of money on space exploration if other basic needs are being ignored. ・To make matters worse, the little girl`s condition seemed to be getting more serious as time wore on.