• 締切済み

英語の質問

アメリカ人の友達に赤ちゃんが生まれたのでお祝いのメッセージと体重等が書かれたフレームをプレゼントしたいのですが、8pounds11ounces は省略するとどのように書けばいいですか?たとえば、11.8キロを11.8kgと書くようにです。 それと21inchesは21inchでいいですよね? もう1つ。メッセージは両親から赤ちゃんへの言葉のつもりで、We are blessed to have you as a member of our family. と書こうと思いますが大丈夫でしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

#1です。 厳密な書き方をすると、 8 lbs., 8oz. になるようです。訂正してお詫び申し上げます。 [ご参考]: http://www.omaha.com/article/20130417/NEWS/130419727/1707

hundbraun
質問者

お礼

わざわざありがとうございます。

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

(1) 8 lbs 11 oz になります。 (2) 大丈夫です。素敵です。 代案: We are blessed to welcome you as a new member of our family.

hundbraun
質問者

お礼

早速の回答ありがとうございます。しかも代案までありがとうございます。助かります。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の和訳なのですが、、、

Have you ever stopped to wonder about things, especially something new? Most people are blessed with the gift of curiosity. We like to discuss our views of how such-and-such works or how such-and-such happend. という文なのですが ラストの一文,We like ~のところがうまく訳せないので 教えていただきたいです。お願いします。

• 「6人家族です。」を英語で

「6人家族です。」と英語で言いたければ、There are 6 members in my family. かなと思いますが、あえてI have... で書くならば、I have 5 other members in my family. で良いのでしょうか?他の表現方法は何かありますでしょうか?

• 英語の訳について

Over the last few years, we've heard a lot about something called family values. And like many of you, I've struggled to figure out what that means. But since my accident, I've found a definition that seems to make sense. I think it means that we've all family, that we all have to have value. And if that's true, if America really is a family, then we have to recognize that many members of our family are hurting.の文章なのですが自分で訳してみたもののあっているのかがわかりません。英語が得意な人教えてください。 過去2、3年にわたって、我々はたいへん、家族主義的価値観と呼ばれている何かについて聞かされました。そして、あなたの多くの様に、私はそれが何を意味するかわかるのに苦労しました。しかし、私の事故以来、私は意味をなすようである定義を見つけました。私は、それが我々には全ての家族がある、みんなが価値を持たなければならないことを意味すると思います。そして、それが真実ならば、アメリカが本当に家族であるならば、我々は我々の家族の多くのメンバーがつらくなっていると認めなければなりません。

• 英語の問題で…

英語の問題で分からないところがあります。教えていただけたら助かります 次の問題の( )内に入れるのに最も適当なものを一つ選びなさい its our wedding anniversary next Tuesday, and by then we ( ) married for ten years (1) are (2) will have (3) will have been (4) would have できれば訳もお願いします。

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。短文です。

Please check with an authorized LOUIS VUITTON store for authentication before leaving a message in feedback that states we are selling fake goods. We have three experts working in our store, and only those identified Authentic LOUIS VUITTON are sold on eBay. 上記を日本語へお願いします。またこの英文はおかしいですか?(文法がおかしい??) よろしくお願いします

• 英語の質問です。

1.I'll talk about it with you ( ) you want. (1)whichever (2)however (3)whenever (4)whether 2.( ) we are, we can keep in contact with our family or friends by mobile phone. (1)Wherever (2)Whatever (3)However (4)Whoever 3.Caroline spent ( ) she had on clothes. (1)what little money (2)what few money (3)which little money (4)which few money 答え 1.(3) 2.(1) 3.(1) 解答してみましたが、訳がよくわかりません。訳を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

We have been writing and playing our hearts out for the last 9 months. We are just finishing our first CD.

• 英語の質問です!

(1)Last week our new ALT came to class for the first time and told us adout his life in the United States. He said he lived in a house with a big swimming pool, which was amazing to me. Such big house, when we are told about them or when we happend to see them, sometimes make us wonder what kind of people live in them. (2)These days it is not so unusual to see may Japanese baseball players playing in the Major Leagues. However, thd fact that many Japanese baseball players, especially those who have good baseball skills, hope to play in thd Major Leagues shows that Japanese baseball leagues are becoming less popular not only for fans but also for players in Japan. (3) Admitting that our opinions are wrong is sometimes hard for us, especially when we are so confident.Then, without asking for opinions from others, we keep believing that we are right. (1)、(2)、(3)の主語と述語動詞を抜き出してください! お願いします!

• 英語を翻訳お願い致します

このようなメールが届いたのですが日本語訳でなんて書いてあるんですか? Hello! If I have understood your message correctly, you are asking permission to send the PDFs of our training manuals to your customers. Yes, you are allowed to share any of the PDFs and documentation that we have uploaded to our Training page: This includes all the training materials and links to exams included in the books. All the best, Daria - The BMD Training Team

• お悔みの言葉を英語で書く場合

お悔みの言葉を英語で書く場合 We are so very sorry to hear about your loss. We were disturbed and saddened by the untimely death of Naomi. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this most difficult time of loss. We would like to offer our deepest sympathy. お悔みを英語で書く場合は、個人が書いても複数系WEから書くのでしょうか? I am so very sorry...., I was disturbed and.... My thought is with you and..., I would like to offer.... では、おかしいですか? あと3番目の文章にyou and your family ではなくて、個人名を入れるのっておかしいですか? 友人の家族(親、彼氏、子供達)みんな知ってます。 やはり形式的な文章だから、you and your family の方がいいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。