• ベストアンサー

英文の意味

No one has come up with a substitute for hard work. -- Ted Williams メジャーリーグのテッドの言葉ですが、どういう意味になりますか?自分は、”キツイ練習に代わるモノはない”と訳します。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

come up with ...は、主に米語で「発見する」「見つける」の意味があります(ジーニアス英和大辞典)。 また、substituteは、aがついて名詞です。 これまでに誰もhard workの代替えを発見できなかった。 →だれもキツイ練習に代わるものを見つけてこなかった。 という意味です。あとは、文脈の応じて 「キツイ練習に代わるものは誰も知らない。」 「キツイ練習に代わるモノはない」 「辛い練習しかやりようがない」 など意訳ができます。 よって、お示しの訳文もとてもよろしいと思います。特にhard workを「キツイ練習」としたのは◎。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

お訳しになった通りでいいんじゃないですか?    

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 大リーグ歴代No1の強打者は?

長い大リーグの歴史の中で最強打者は下記の3人に 絞られる気がします ・ベーブ・ルース ・テッド・ウィリアムズ ・バリー・ボンズ 下記の3人の内で、もしくは他の打者で歴代No1の最強打者は 誰だと思いますか?

• なぜ4割打者が出ない?

日本プロ野球72年の歴史の中で、打率4割を達成した選手は一人もいない。 (最高はランディ・バースの3割8分9厘) メジャーリーグでも、1941年テッド・ウイリアムス(4割6厘)を最後に未だ出ていない。 なぜ4割打者は出ないのか?

• 日本のプロ野球で、打率4割を達成した選手は一人もいない。

日本のプロ野球で、打率4割を達成した選手は一人もいない。 (最高は元阪神ランディ・バース氏の3割8分9厘) メジャーリーグでも1941年テッド・ウイリアムスが4割6厘を達成したのを最後に出ていない。 なぜ4割打者が出なくなってしまったのか?

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しようとしています。できれば日本で購入したいので、日本に代理店はありますか?と質問したら返事が来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?? Please be patient as we’ll have an answer for you soon. Currently, no one has an exclusive distribution in Japan, we would like to establish a distributor in Japan soon so we will be discussing many factors and will provide you with additional information.

• 英文!

英語の和訳をよろしくお願いします! No matter who you are or where you come from, one thing is certain: you are familiar with the mosquito. Mosquitoes are everywhere. They can be found all over the world, and there are more than 2,500 kinds. Somewhere, at some time, you have surely met at least one.

• 英文の意味の取り方を教えてください

The great man is too often all of a piece; it is the little man that is a bundle of contradictory elements. He is inexhaustible. You never come to the end of the surprises he has in store for you. For my part I would much sooner spend a month on a desert island with a veterinary surgeon than with a prime minister. (The Summing Up by W. S Maugham) 最初に出てくる"The great man is too often all of a piece."について質問があります。 偉大な人間はあまりにしばしば断片のすべてである・・・・・? *ここはどうやって意味をとればよいのでしょうか? 断片を統合したような人物、という感じですか? *また、too oftenのところがわからないのですが、 The great man is all of a piece.にするのとどういうニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか? 以下は前文です。 *************** I have been more concerned with the obscure than with the famous. They are more often themselves. They have had no need to create a figure to protect themselves from the world or to impress it. Their idiosyncrasies have had more chance to develop in the limited circle of their activity, and since they have never been in the public eye it has never occurred to them that they have anything to conceal. They display their oddities because it has never struck them that they are odd. And after all it is with the common run of men that we writers have to deal; kings, dictators, commercial magnates are from our point of view very unsatisfactory. To write about them is a venture that has often tempted writers, but the failure that has attended their efforts shows that such beings are too exceptional to form a proper ground for a work of art. They cannot be made real. The ordinary is the writer's richer field. Its unexpectedness, its singularity, its infinite variety afford unending material.

• 意味の違いがわかるように和訳教えてください

意味の違いがわかるように和訳教えてください 1―A I like dogs which are faithful. 1-B I like dogs , which are faithful. 2-A He is one of my friends who help me with my homework. 2-B He is the only one of my friends who helps me with my homework. 3-A There is no student that I know who works as hard as Tom. 3-B There is no student that I teach English which is not useful. よろしくお願いします

• 英文で質問があります。

(1)At first, the deprivation of having no one to talk with upon subjects that most deeply interested me seemed all but unbearable, but as I became acquainted I made the surprising discovery – I made it again and again in later life – that if I talked with the men and woman I met casually about things that interested them, if I drew them out, I often discovered unexpected riches of character or experience, sometimes the most delightful or amusing oddities or absurdities. (2)Every human being has a story in him – how he has come to be what he is, how he manages, after all, to live, just to live. これらの英文の訳を教えてください。

• 英文和訳お願いします。

こんにちは いつもお世話になっています。 今回は英文の和訳をお願いします。 i think in time you will learn that evil has no preferences to race, or anything else. there's bad caucasians. i think a lot of them are lazy, fat, ugly, and equally as perverted. no one's perfect. i hope you learn to be happy with how you were born soon. :) ではよろしくお願いします m(__)m

• 英文のアドバイスお願いします。

My treasure is the table tennis racket. My fater bought it for me when I enter the table tennis club. When I got it, I was very happy and it encouraged me to practice hard. Because my fater was always busy with his work, I have never played with him. But after he bought that racket, he made time to practice table tennis for me. placticing with him was one of my pleasures and we have got more closer by it. 上の英文の間違っているところを直して頂けませんか? 自分では、こんな感じの文になるように書いてみたつもりです…。   ↓ 【日本語訳】私の宝物は卓球のラケットです。私のお父さんが私が卓球部に入部した時に買ってくれました。私はそれを買ってもらったとき、とても嬉しかったし、練習を頑張ろうと思いました。私のお父さんはいつも仕事で忙しかったので、私はお父さんと遊んだことがありませんでした。でもお父さんは私にラケットを買って以来、私と卓球の練習をする時間を作ってくれました。お父さんと練習することは私の楽しみの一つでした。私とお父さんは卓球を通して、仲良くなりました。