[英語]()に入るものを教えて下さい

このQ&Aのポイント
  • He ran out of money and had to get a loan.
  • No one knew what had become of the man and his dog.
  • Japanese cars are known for their efficient use of gas.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

[英語]()に入るものを教えて下さい><

1. He ran () money and had to get a loan. (1) away from (2) into (3) out of (4) over 2. No one knew () had become of the man and his dog. (1) how (2) what (3) where (4) why 3. Japanese cars are known () their efficient use of gas. (1) as (2) for (3) to (4) within 4. I'm trying to () my father into buying a DVD player. (1) encourage (2) remind (3) talk (4) tell 5. If a problem comes up, we'll change our plans on the (). (1) hand (2) place (3) spot (4) time 6. Your proposal is not bad. Let me () it over a little more closely. (1) look (2) offer (3) test (4) try 7. When it () to this type of computer, I'm not very at using it. (1) becomes (2) comes (3) gets (4) goes 8. Will you please () the music? It's too loud. (1) carry out (2) put down (3) take off (4) turn down

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

1. He ran (out of) money and had to get a loan. http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=run+out+of&ref=sa (1) away from (2) into (3) out of (4) over 2. No one knew (what) had become of the man and his dog. http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=what+had+become+of (1) how (2) what (3) where (4) why 3. Japanese cars are known (for) their efficient use of gas. http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=known+for (1) as (2) for (3) to (4) within 4. I'm trying to (encourage) my father into buying a DVD player. http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=encourage+into (1) encourage (2) remind (3) talk (4) tell 5. If a problem comes up, we'll change our plans on the (spot). http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=on+the+spot (1) hand (2) place (3) spot (4) time 6. Your proposal is not bad. Let me (look) it over a little more closely. http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=look+over (1) look (2) offer (3) test (4) try 7. When it (comes) to this type of computer, I'm not very at using it. http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=when+it+comes+to (1) becomes (2) comes (3) gets (4) goes 8. Will you please (turn down) the music? It's too loud. http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=turn+down (1) carry out (2) put down (3) take off (4) turn down

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

1. He ran (3 out of) money and had to get a loan. 不足する 2. No one knew (2 what) had become of the man and his dog. what を主語として what becomes of ~で「~はどうなるか」 3. Japanese cars are known (2 for) their efficient use of gas. be known to ~「~に知られている」 be known as ~「~として知られている」 be known for ~「~で(ために)知られている」 4. I'm trying to (3 talk) my father into buying a DVD player. encourage O to 原形で「O を~するように勧める」 persuade O to 原形,persuade O into ~ing「O が~するように説得する」 これと同じ意味が talk O into ~ing でも出ます。 talk の後に前置詞なく人がくる例外パターンとして最近センター試験でも出ました。 5. If a problem comes up, we'll change our plans on the (3 spot). その場で,即座に 6. Your proposal is not bad. Let me (1 look) it over a little more closely. look over ~ / look ~ over(it の場合は必ず look it over)~を調べる 7. When it (2 comes) to this type of computer, I'm not very at using it. when it comes to ~「~のこととなると」 8. Will you please (4 turn down) the music? It's too loud. ボリュームを下げる

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英文を訳して下さい。

The whole operation turned out to be an utter failure, as it abated the Russians' morale without providing any help to the French, and has become a shining example of the use of a widely-known WWI method of war, the human wave attack. Huge masses of people were continuously sent into the battle over and over again in the same place of the enemy front. Eventually, the attack on the German positions was brought to a halt because, as General Evert noted in his order issued on March 30, it had not led to "decisive results" and "the onset of warm weather and abundant rains" had turned much of the area into swamps.

• itが指すものは?お願いします。

以下の英文は、ある海外のリゾートに泊まった人がそのホテルについて感想を書いたものです。 Oakmont is not a fancy resort, the units are small, and the view from the resort is not that great. It is comfortable and it is convenient to get into and get out of as you travel to the area attractions. This is one of those resorts that you choose because of the location, not the resort amenities. 質問は it is convenient to get into and get out of as you travel to the area attractions. という文についてです。 最初のitは何を指しているのでしょうか? 単純に形式主語としてto get into and get out of を指しているのでしょうか? それともthe hotelのようなものを指しているのでしょうか?(This book is difficult to readのような構文みたいに)

• 英語の問題について

古い英文学なのですが、この物語の中の父親の人物像について、どのようなものだと書かれていますか? 書かれている部分とその意味を教えてください。 Father made a great point of our getting down to breakfast on time. I meant to be prompt, but it never occurred to me that I had better try to be early. My idea was to slide into the room at the last moment. Consequently, I often was late. My brothers were often late, too, with the exception of George. He was the only thoroughly reliable son Father had. George got down so early, Father pointed out to me, that he even had time to practise a few minutes on the piano. The reason George was so prompt was that he was in a hurry to see the sporting page before Father got hold of the newspaper, and the reason he then played the piano was to signal to the rest of us, as we dressed, which team had won yesterday’s ball game. He had made up a code for this purpose, and we leaned over the banisters, pulling on our stockings and shoes, to hear him announce the results. I don’t remember now what the titles were of the airs he selected, but the general idea was that if he played a gay, lively air it meant that the Giants had won, and when the strains of a dirge or lament floated up to us, it meant that Pop Anson had beaten them. As Father didn’t approve of professional baseball, we said nothing to him about this arrangement. He led his life and we led ours, under his nose. He took the newspaper away from George the moment he entered the room, and George said good morning to him and stepped innocently into the parlour. Then, while Father watched him through the broad doorway and looked over the political headlines, George banged out the baseball news for us on the piano. Father used to admonish him with a chuckle not to thump it so hard, but George felt that he had to. We were at the top of the house, and he wanted to be sure that we’d hear him even if we were brushing our teeth. George always was thorough about things. He not only thumped the piano as hard as he could but he hammered out the tune over and over besides, while Father impatiently muttered to himself, “Trop de zèle.” Upstairs, there was usually some discussion as to what kind of news George was sending. He had not been allowed to learn popular tunes, which it would have been easy for us to recognize, and the few classic selections which were available in his little music-book sounded pretty much alike at a distance. George rendered these with plenty of goodwill and muscle but not a great deal of sympathy. He regarded some of the rules of piano-playing as needlessly complicated. The fact remained that he was the one boy who was always on time, and Father was so pleased by this that he bought a watch for him with “George Parmly Day, Always on Time” engraved on the back. He told me that as I was the eldest he had meant to give me a watch first, and he showed me the one he had bought for me. It was just like George’s except that nothing had been engraved on it yet. Father explained that to his regret he would have to put it away for a while, until I had earned it by getting down early to breakfast. Time went on, without much improvement on my part. Dawdling had got to be a habit with me. Sometimes my lateness was serious. One morning, when breakfast was half over and I had nothing on but a pair of long woollen drawers, Father called up from the front hall, napkin in hand, that he wouldn’t stand it and that I was to come down that instant. When I shouted indignantly that I wasn’t dressed yet, he said he didn’t care. “Come down just as you are, confound it!” he roared. I was tempted to take him at his word, but thought there might be some catch in it and wouldn’t, though I hurried, of course, all I could. Father ate his usual hearty breakfast in a stormy mood, and I ate my usual hearty breakfast in a guilty and nervous one. Come what might, we always ate heartily. I sometimes wished afterward that I hadn’t, but it never seemed to hurt Father.

• (手紙の一部の)英語を教えてください。

友人(女性)から、その夫の借金について書いてある手紙を受領しました(数日前にもその前の手紙の内容について質問しましたが)、今回はその続きとなりますが、再度あまり意味がよくわかりません。今回は下記の英語についてお尋ねです。最初の段落は前半はわかりますが、それ以降、最後まで明確にはつかめません。先回の手紙では、再抵当をして、、、などと書いてあり、夫とその借金に激怒しているようでしたが、今回はこの最後の段落は、自分の退職金で返すという意味かなと捕らえているのですが、借金をあきらめて受け入れたのか、そうでいいですか?教えてください。 I was not sure if I had told you about the debt he has got us in. Well it is a large amount that has just kept building up because of him being out of work and not being able to pay it. I did not know about it for ages then he had to tell me. I had a terrible time keeping them at bay for a while and offering only small amounts to keep them quiet. So the only thing was to used some of the equity I had on the house and remortgage the house to clear them up. If not we would of lost the house eventually I reckon. Debt can be very stressful. It looks like it is going through and I will then be able to pay them off. I will be able to pay the monthly payments. Only thing I will now have to work into my retirement to pay it off and not as before paid up by then.

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。

Not only had the Normans disciplined the English people and welded them into a nation, they had also, directly or in-directly, given form and cohesion to their arts: a classical symmetry to their architecture, formal conventions to their painting and sculpture, measure to their music, and now metre and rhyme to their poetry. It was a beneficial discipline, but once it had been thoroughly learned, the time had come for variations on the conventions, for experiment, a greater natu-ralism, a freer, though still ordered, romanticism.

• 英語の意味を教えて!

海外の友人からメールをもらいましたが、下記の部分がわかりませんので、教えてください。 I had to go home and get changed because I had been sick all over my clothes I just did not make it quick enough to the toilet. I think it is all to do with stress and trying to sort Dave out. 1行目のbecause の前まではわかります。I had been sick all over my clothesは病気で?と、服と何か関連しているのでしょうか?トイレがあるのでもしかして、(おもらし?)? 英語でお漏らしをsich all over my clothes なんて表現するのでしょうか?そーだとすると、ちょっと幻滅((>_<)ですが、私の予想が違ってるかも(?)教えてください?

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません But it had also been suggested by the book that he had just taken out of the drawer. it was a peculiarly beautiful book. its smooth creamy paper, a little yellowed by age, was of a kind that had not been manufactured for at least forty years past. He could guess, however, that the book was much older than that. He had seen it lying in the window of a frowzy little junk-shop in a slummy quarter of the town ( just what quarter he did not now remember ) and had been stricken immediately by an overwhelming desire to possess it. party members were supposed not to go into ordinary shops ( ‘dealing on the free market ’, it was called), but the rule was not strictly kept, because there were various things such as shoelaces and razor blades which it was impossible to get hold of in any other way. He had given a quick glance up and down the street and then had slipped inside and bought the book for two dollars fifty. At the time he was not conscious of wanting it for any particular purpose He had carried it guiltily home in his briefcase. Even with nothing written in it, it was a com-promising possession この英文を全訳してもらえるとありがたいです。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

We didn't sound like the Beatles, but we took that blueprint and the idea of being a band. Sure, there are some bands that have one sound and do it really well. But we looked at the idea of the Beatles and thought to really do it right, we had to evolve. We had to go into a cocoon every once in a while and come out as a butterfly and not an ugly moth.”

• 翻訳をおねがいします。

趣味で英語の勉強をしています。 赤毛のアンの原本を読みたいのですが最初のここで躓いて先に進めません 自然のことを言ってるのはわかるのですが(家の周りのこととか)どう訳していいかわかりません。 どなたかわかる方ぜひよろしくお願いします。 Rachel Lynde lived just where the Avonlea main road dipped down into a little hollow, fringed with alders and ladies' eardrops and traversed by a brook that had its source away back in the woods of the old Cuthbert place; it was reputed to be an intricate, headlong brook in its earlier course through those woods, with dark secrets of pool and cascade; but by the time it reached Lynde's Hollow it was a quiet, well-conducted little stream, for not even a brook could run past Mrs. Rachel Lynde's door without due regard for decency and decorum; it probably was conscious that Mrs. Rachel was sitting at her window, keeping a sharp eye on everything that passed, from brooks and children up, and that if she noticed anything odd or out of place she would never rest until she had ferreted out the whys and wherefores thereof. There are plenty of people in Avonlea and out of it, who can attend closely to their neighbor's business by dint of neglecting their own; but Mrs. Rachel Lynde was one of those capable creatures who can manage their own concerns and those of other folks into the bargain. She was a notable housewife; her work was always done and well done; she "ran" the Sewing Circle, helped run the Sunday-school, and was the strongest prop of the Church Aid Society and Foreign Missions Auxiliary. Yet with all this Mrs. Rachel found abundant time to sit for hours at her kitchen window, knitting "cotton warp" quilts--she had knitted sixteen of them, as Avonlea housekeepers were wont to tell in awed voices--and keeping a sharp eye on the main road that crossed the hollow and wound up the steep red hill beyond. Since Avonlea occupied a little triangular peninsula jutting out into the Gulf of St. Lawrence with water on two sides of it, anybody who went out of it or into it had to pass over that hill road and so run the unseen gauntlet of Mrs. Rachel's all-seeing eye.

• 言い換えができるでしょうか

She picked up a plastic container lid and put it up to the peanut butter machine, scraping off the peanut butter from where it comes out of the machine. この文はShe picked up a plastic container lid, put it up to the peanut butter machine, and spraped off the peanut butter from where it comes out of the machine. と言い換えができるでしょうか?何か違いが生じるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします