• ベストアンサー

英語です(T.T)

訳がわからなくて困っています(ToT)手伝っていただけると幸いです。 The British may still be as obstinate as ever, but they have definitely abandoned the reservations they once had about queuing. reservationの訳が特に分かりません涙) 予約ではないと思います。 イギリス人はまだ何なのでしょう? 訳をぜひ教えて下さいm(_ _)m

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.2

この場合のreservationは後ろにabout queuing(待ち行列)とありますから、何かに対する心の中にある心配とか疑念という意味かと思います。ですから 「イギリス人はいまだに変らず頑固であるが、かつて待ち行列について感じていた疑念はあきらかに払拭してきた。」という意味ではないかと。 イギリス人は行列を作る才能があるといわれるほど、整然と列を乱さず並ぶ人々というイメージが強かったけれど、今はそんなことはない。イギリス人だって行列に並ぶことが嫌いな人もいるだろうし、行列に並ぶことは社会の決められた御約束なのだろうか?と感じている人が増えてきたという意味合いではないでしょうか。

質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!助かりましたm(_ _)m

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

英国人はまだ昔のように頑固かもしれないが、過去に持っていた行列に並ぶことへの躊躇いは確かに無くなった。    昔は、イギリス人は行列して待つことを頑固として拒否していたが、今はかつてのように頑固でも、それだけは無くなった、と言うことでしょう。

質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!助かりましたm(_ _)m

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語です

英語の訳が分からなくて困っています。手伝っていただけると幸いです(T-T) The British are recognized as one of the world’s foremost queue cultures, a doubtful honor they share with people like the Poles. これに関しては、前後の文をつなげられなくて困っています。 それから、  Several explanation have been given for the practice of queuing. これの、practiceが訳せません(T-T)よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語問題

1a:Please continue your good work. b:Please () your good work. (1)repeat on (2)keep up (3)endure with (4)came up 2a:Is she still trying to find a job? b:Is she still () for a job? (1)keeping (2)making (3)chasing (4)looking 3a:I'm trying to recover from the shock. b:I'm trying to () the shock. (1)get across (2)get above (3)get off (4)get over 4a:They considerd this as most important. b:They looked () this as most important. (1)for (2)on (3)around (4)to 5a:I had to get rid () my doubts about it. b:I had to remove my doubts about it. (1)in (2)of (3)with (4)from 同じ意味になるように語句を入れます 解答をお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします

They had once taken Tommy's teacher away for about a month , because the history part had not worked.

• 和訳お願いします。

Margie even wrote about it that night in her diary. On the page headed May 17, 2155, she wrote, 'Today Tommy found a real book." It was a very old book. Margie's grandfather had heard about books like it when he was a little boy. He once said his grandfather had told them that there was a time when all stories were printed on paper. They turned the pages, which were yellow. It was very funny to read the words. They stood still, instead of moving the way they were supposed to - on a screen, you know. And then, when they turned back to the page before, it had the same words on it. It was just the same as it had been when they read it the first time.

• 英語を訳してほしいです。。。

英語の授業で難しい訳の問題が当たりました。。自分で考えたのですが、わからなくて。。。お願いします! However, while no considerations of principle stand in the way, whether it is actually possible for international organizations to sue or be sued may depend on issues of immunity, as well as on whether or not they have standing, which in turn may or may not depend on whether they are to be considered as having legal personality.

• 英文で質問です

以下の二つの例文を訳してもらえないでしょうか 小説の一節です。 ・As often as i had been put out of sorts by noisy mealtimes. ・All was as still as ever.

• 英語訳をお願いします。

(1)"I have always had an interest in hobbies. Ever since I was a young boy I found myself passionately pursuing any interests I had, be they dinosaurs, video games, drawing, each one was as important as the next. To this day, I remain enthusiastic about certain hobbies I had when I was younger, more specifically, about drawing." (2)"You can clamp empty palm into a fist" 少し長いのですが上記の文を日本語に訳して頂けますか?よろしくお願いします。

• 次の英文を訳してください!

長文の途中からの文なので、意味が分かりにくいところもあると思いますが、よろしくお願いします。 So what did they do? All of the teams were remarkably inventive. One group identified a problem common in a lot of town-the frustratingly long lines at popular restaurants on Saturday night. The team decided to help those people who didn't want to wait in line. They paired off and booked reservations, and they sold each reservation for up to twenty dollars to customers who were happy to avoid a long wait. As the evening passed, they made several interesting observations. First, they realized that the female students were better at selling the reservations, probably because customers were more comfortable being approached by young women. They adjusted their plan so that the male students ran around town making reservations at different restaurants while the female students sold these places in line. They also learned that the entire operation worked best at restaurants that use vibrating pagers to alert customers when their table is ready. Physically swapping pagers made customers feel as though they were receiving something tangible for their money. They were more comfortable handing over their money and pager in exchange for the new pager. This had an additional bonus-teams could then sell the newly acquired pager as the later reservation time grew nearer. よろしくお願いします。

• 文法と代名詞の指すものが分からない

Most children do not like to hear stories about when they were younger. Infancy is not a blessed state to them, but something to be grown out of and escaped from as quickly as possible. To them, their littleness, helplessness, and clumsiness is not cute, but humiliating, and they want to be reminded of it as little as possible. They don't mind, once in a while, if we don’t overdo it, our telling them that they were very nice when they were little, but that is about as much about it as they want to hear. Whatever mistakes they have made, in their growing and learning, are best forgotten. 上の文章の that is about as much about it as they want to hear. が訳せません、 自分なりに考えた訳ですが、 「それ(that=They don't mind our telling them=彼らに対し我々が彼に言うのを嫌がること)はほぼ同程度の子どものころについての(about it)量である、 その同程度とは彼らが聞きたいと思う程度である」 となり、日本語の体をなしておりません。 文法も代名詞が何を指しているかもさっぱり分かりません、 お分かりになれば教えてください。

• 英語の和訳です!

英語についての質問です 問題が難しくて解けないので よかったら教えてください 中2~高1の範囲です! 空欄に適当な語を入れるという問題です Cats have long been aimals( )have been kept by humans. They were first used by the Egyptians to protect their food. The Egyptians soon thought of cats as( )animals. However,there were people( )did not like cats. Even today,people still wonder about their ( ). Cats try to make people feel( )when they are anxious. They are animals which have( )bodies,whiskers and big eyes. Humans are still fascinated by cats today. よろしくお願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Windowsのメールソフトでアドレス設定はできましたが、メールの受信分が表示できません。
  • 設定のやり方が違うと思いますが、教えていただけませんか。
  • Outlookメールでは、送受信できました。
回答を見る