• 締切済み

説明語の位置で、訳が変る?

(1)Mr.Adam came over to see us from Canada. (2)Mr.Adam came over from Canada to see us. もしかして(1)は、「アダム氏は、カナダからきた私たちに会いにやってきた。」         (2)は、「アダム氏は、私たちに会いにカナダからやってきた。」 になったりしますか?      宜しくお願いいたします。

みんなの回答

noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.2

>(1)Mr. Adam came over to see us from Canada. 「アダムさんは、カナダ出身の私たちに合うために、やって来た」(カナダから来た私たち、も可) 「アダムさんは、私たちに会うために、カナダから来た」(カナダ出身のアダムさん、は無い)  前後の文脈や状況が無い場合は、上記のどちらかは決定できません。 >(2)Mr. Adam came over from Canada to see us. 「アダムさんは、私たちに会うために、カナダから来た」(カナダ出身のアダムさん、は無い)  こちらは、これだけでも一つの意味に確定します。 P.S.  とりあえず、「では確実に、『カナダ出身の私たち』とするにはどうするか?」「『カナダから来た私たち』だとして、会う場所をカナダにしたり、カナダ以外にするのは、それも誤解の余地なく言うにはどうするか?」といったことは、置いておきます(それぞれ、ちょっと話がややこしそうです)。

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 ≫前後の文脈や状況が無い場合は、上記のどちらかは決定できません。 確かに どちらでもとれる文がある と読んだことが ありますが、単純だからこそ、これがそうだったりするんですね。 しかし (2)がはっきりしているとわかったので、 こちらのようにこれからもしたいと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

します。

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 すっきりしました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• talked right over us

My husband's sister came to visit us recently. From the minute she came in the door, she talked, nonstop, for an hour and 45 minutes. She talked about her life, complained about her husband, talked about her adult children and on and on. She never once asked how we were or what we were up to. The few times my husband or I tried to talk, she talked right over us. she talked right over usはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 中2 不定詞

はじめまして。中学2年生に英語を教えています。  彼は学校で不定詞の授業で   ”昨日、彼は私たちに会いにきました。"という表現を  He came see to us yesterday.と習ったといいます。  私はどう考えても He came to see us yesteerday. だと思います。  皆さんどう思われますか?

• たずねる疑問文

たずねる疑問文にしてください 1.She is interested in math 2.Your parents came back from Canada two days ago 3.She is the tallest girl inthis class 4.Mr. Smith will visit Japan next month 5.There are ten apples on the table お願いします

• 訳を教えてください

I work in a doctor's office as a receptionist. I was with a customer (a salesman), and another receptionist was with a patient. At some point during this time, another patient apparently came in. I was away from the front desk to take the salesman where he needed to go. The patient who came in texted the doctor, saying she was ignored and his staff is incompetent and rude. Our office manager instructed us that we essentially are to push aside salesmen, drug reps, etc., in order to take care of the patient. we essentially are to push aside salesmen, drug reps, etc.,の訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳

日本語訳をおねがいします。どうしても変な訳になってしまうのです。 He went over to her house only to find she was out. I got up and left never to talk to him again.

• この英文を日本語訳にしてください。

Hello Yai, Are you traveling soon to the US? You go to Virginia. I went there for vacation few years ago, to Virginia City. Very crowded and long beaches. There are many interesting places there, I hope you like the American style of life, it's very different from Canada. Keep in touch Yai, Cheers, Beto

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

I'm at my wit's end over the most ridiculous disagreement with my friend. When we go out, she never drives us. She drives to my house and parks. Then she gets in my car and I always drive us to the restaurant, party, event, whatever. It's not about gas, and it's not about designating a driver. A glass of wine is about it for both of us. It's not about gas, and it's not about designating a driver. A glass of wine is about it for both of us. の文脈に合った訳をよろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳で困っています。

以下の英文の日本語訳ができません。だれかお願いします。 (1)You don't really notice how special it is until death looks you in the eyes. (2)My sister and her friend jumped into our backyard pool to cool off. (3)My mom would always watch all of us very closely, but just for a minute, she had walked over to the other side of the yard to talk to my dad. (4)She told my sister to watch out for me, but my sister was busy laughing and having fun with her friend. (5)No one heard me because I was so little; there was hardly a splash.

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

well there is a girl i like... a lot...maybe even love and we were in a relationship but other people we telling me i was to clingy and she would break up with me so i seperated us some and she said she thought us dating each other made me uncomfortable so we broke up...now we are talking and she said all the reasons she like me before she still sees in me and i dont know if i should give up on the idea of us dating again??

• 英語を訳したい

Further, upon his back he carries’’ a great burden’’, which it’s the burden of his sins—both original sin and the personal sins which he commits over and above the state of sin he has inherited from Adam. (↓私の訳した訳) さらに、彼の背には彼の罪である原罪や彼がアダムから引き受けた罪などの「大きな重荷」を背負っていた。 これはバニヤンというイギリスの詩人?作家?について 書かれた文で、キリスト教の引用が数多くあります。 アダムとイブの話を引用しているのですが、 私が訳した文では意味は分かるものの、 わからない単語はとばして解釈したため、訳が正確ではありません。 特にwhich he commits over and above the state of sin he has inherited from Adam. のあたりが分かりません。 どなたかこれを訳していただけませんか?