• ベストアンサー

きれいな日本語に訳して下さい。(なるべく急ぎで)

For example,one young foreign wrestler didn't know the word "Okami-san" at first. So he confused "okami," with "ohkami," or "wolf." 中学三年生英語教科書より抜粋しています。 言わんとしていることは分かるのですが、So he confused~ の文がきれいな日本語に訳せません。orが一番訳しづらいように思えるのでそれが問題だと思います。一文目は問題ありません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tanuki4u
  • ベストアンサー率33% (2764/8360)
回答No.1

例を挙げると、若い外国人レスラーは「女将さん」という言葉を最初知らなかった。 なので、彼は「女将」を「オオカミ」つまり(英語で言うと)ウルフと区別がつかないでいました。

waka7272
質問者

お礼

回答有難うございます!! そういえばorには「つまり」という訳が出来ましたね。助かりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• moggot
  • ベストアンサー率0% (0/3)
回答No.2

訳はNo.1さんので良いと思います。 多分訳しづらかったのは orですよね。 orは、「または」という意味が知られていますが、「つまり」という訳もあります。 中学でそこまで訳させるんですね。 がんばって!!

waka7272
質問者

お礼

回答有難うございます。 助かります。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳にしてくださいませんか。

気軽に話せる友人からのメールからの返信です。 ちょっと戸惑っていますがちゃんと正確な意味を知りたいです。 No you didn't offend me at all. I just asked Dave out of the blue so he didn't know we had ever talked about it. I just wanted to find out for myself why he was always so abrupt with you. But he confirmed, though sometimes impatient, that he really likes you. です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• so that 教えてください

単文は複文に、複文は単文にの問題でわからないところがあります。 教えてください。 1) He is too young to know better.          ↓  He is so young that he (can't) know better. 2) She was so kind that she showed me around the city.          ↓ She was so kind ( enought) to show me around the city. (   )内が間違いでした。何が入るのでしょうか? できたら問題の和訳も教えてください お願いします!!

• 日本語にして下さい

He's such a jerk! He had me on lock down and was accusing me of fooling around all this time but, all along it was him. How could I be so blind? And I don't understand how he could be so selfish and shallow. How can I be the psycho one when him and his friend made up a whole new name for them selves? Thank you again ◯◯ for understanding. I don't know how to thank you enough.  

• 至急教えてください 。英語用法判別

Somehow, an amazing number of people, for one reason or another, come out of the conveyor belt of education singularly inarticulate. の文で、形容詞inarticulateの用法と It is pity that he should have died so young. の形容詞 youngの用法が同じと問題の解答に書いてあったのですが その理由と He remained poor all his life. の形容詞poorが同じ用法でない理由 がわかりません。教授ください。

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

顔の特徴が書いてあるみたいなのですが、どなたか訳していただけませんか? 宜しくお願いします。 The mouth is a large one. long, and thin lipped, and slightly smiling or upturned at the outer corner. His lips are pink with a purple or lavender tinge, like pink heather, a cold pink. He has cold breath. As he gets older there will be small pucker lines round the lip edges. His teeth are good, small square, white pegs of teeth. He has a generous smile that spreads across his face. The mouth is slightly one sided, or stiffer on one side but not so much as you'd notice. The chin is narrow, long a rounded off point shaped like an egg cup, it has a fleshiness around the jaw line, not quite a double chin, but when he pupils the chin in there is a slackness of the flesh and more so as he gets older. The cheeks are neither fat nor thin, the features are good, but soft and shapeless rather than sharp or angular. The face is well rounded and smoothed and the complexion fair and bland. There is nothing objectionable or ugly in it, and he retains a youthful quality as he gets older, not many facial lines or furrows tell the time on his flesh. He actually improves with age for the features become just a fraction thinner and the face more expressive. A man who’s handsome face looks intelligent quiescent and idle but a man of depth.

• 英文と日本語訳があります。日本語訳は正しいですか?

Americans in Japan often complain that they become claustrophobic in the small apartments that their Japanese counterparts live in. One young American, whom we will call Robert, said that after living in a small Japanese apartment for some time, he moved to an apartment with four rooms just so that he could "run through the rooms." 日本語訳 日本にいるアメリカ人は、自分たちと同等の日本人が住んでいる小さなアパートだと閉所恐怖症になるよと頻繁に訴えます。一人の若いアメリカ人、ここではロバートと呼びますが、彼はしばらくの間小さな日本式アパートに住んだのち、まさには「部屋の中を走れるように」ことができる4部屋あるアパートに引っ越しました。

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

He was fifty years old when I was born, and a "Mr.Mom" long before anyone had a name for it. I didn`t know why he was home instead of Mom, but I was young and the only one of my friends who had their dad around. I considered myself very lucky. He always had my lunch ready for me when I came home - usually a peanut butter sandwich that was shaped for the season. My favorite was at Christmas time. The sandwich would be covered lightly with green sugar and cut in the shape of a tree. As I got a little older and tried to gain my independence, I wanted to move away from those "childish" signs of his love. But he wasn't going to give up. In high school and no longer able to go home for lunch, I began taking my own bag lunch. Dad would get up a little early and make it for me. I never knew what to expect. The outside of the bag might be covered with his drawing of a mountain scene (this became his trademark) or a heart with the words "Dad and Angie" written in the center. Inside there would be a napkin with that same heart or an "I love you." Many times he would write a joke or a riddle. He always had some silly saying to make me smile and let me know that he loved me.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (8) The plebs still complained that there were no written laws. And a poor-but-free man whoowed money could still be forced into slavery if he couldn't pay his debts. So the plebs left the city again about 450 BCE. This protest finally convinced the Senate to create a written set of laws: the Twelve Tables. These laws set down, in writing, the accepted practices of the day. They didn't get to the root of the trouble between patricians and the discontented poor. The poor were still not treated as equals to the landowning rich. But the Twelve Tables were, at least, a start. (9) The twelve Tables were completed in 450 BCE. At some point─no one knows exactly when─they were inscribed on 12 bronze tables that were set up in the Forum for everyone to see. About a third of these early laws have survived because they were copied down by later writers. The others have been lost. The laws that we know about cover all sorts of crimes and conditions. Table 7, for example, decreed that if a road was not in good condition, a man could legally drive his oxen across someone else's fields. Table 8 dealt with a more serious question: whether a homeowner had the right to kill a burglar who broke into his house. According to Roman law, he did─but only if the burglar came at night or if a daytime burglar was armed and tried to defend himself. (10) Many of the laws make sense. For example, a property owner could be forced to trim his trees so that his neighbors would get sunlight. And if someone stole money, he could not be forced to repay more than three times the amount that he stole. But others seem incredibly harsh: for example,capital punishment for a person who sang an insulting song or lied in court. But all Roman citizens had the right to appeal to the Assembly to reverse a death sentence.

• 中学校の問題なんですが・・・・

これらの問題が分からなくて困っています。こんな簡単な問題でスミマセン!誰か教えてください。お願いします。 ほぼ同じ内容になるように(   )内に適語を入れてください。 1)He didn't know what he should speak then. He didn't know (   ) (  ) (  ) then. 2) Masao didn't eat breakfast,and he went to school. Masao went to school (  ) (   ) breakfast. 日本文にあう英文になるように(   )内の語を並べかえてください。 1) 彼は親切にも私に駅へ行く道を教えてくれました。  (station,tell,the,the,me,kind,he,way,to,enough,was,to). 次の日本語を英文に直してください。 1)そんなに速く歩かないほうがよい。 2)私は彼女に窓を開けないように言いました。 3)一生懸命勉強することは私たちにとってとても大切です。 4)あなたの家から駅までどのくらい(の距離)ですか。

• 17-5日本語訳

お願いします。  The people of ancient India,like those of ancient Rome,used a counting board to keep track of sums.A counting board had columns marked off,each standing for units of 1,10,100,and so on.You put pebbles or other counters in each column to stand for your number.So far,so good,you could easily record how many pebbles were in each column.But if one of the columns was empty,things got sticky.Without zero,two ones could stand for one 100 and one 1,or one 10 and one 1,or-you get the idea.Finally,someone had the bright idea of putting a small dot(which later became a circle)wherever there was an empty column.In fact,the Sanskrit word for zero is shunya,which means“empty.”  By making arithmetic easier,the invention of zero has probably had more impact on the daily lives of people than any other scientific or technological discovery from ancient India.But if you'd asked a Mauryan emperor like Chandragupta what invention was most important to the strength of his kingdom,he probably would have told you the process of smelting iron.