• ベストアンサー

like with like. の意味

As far as possible, all companies should be able to report data in a comparable format, so users of reports can assess the performance of like with like. という文章を見ていて、 like with like の意味が分かりませんでした。 好きな時に?とも思いましたが、of との関係で考えると、名刺かなとも思ったりします。 いつも使う辞書にも載っていなくて、 もし知っている方がおられましたら、教えていただけると、うれしいです。

noname#182988
noname#182988
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

出来るだけ、報告を使う側が似たような物を似たような物と比較して業績の比較が出来るように、同じような形で各会社は、資料の報告をすべきだ。 like は、下記の2名(詞)にありように「似たもの」「同類」と言う意味です。     http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=like     ですから「同じような事業を行っている会社間の比較が容易にできるように」、報告の形式を一本化しなさい、ということでしょう。

noname#182988
質問者

お礼

御回答ありがとうございます。 確かに、似たもの、 と訳せば、すっといけました。 ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• with as って?

Please come with as many ideas you can think ofの訳は「考えつくアイデアをできるだけたくさん持って来て下さい」です。come withはたぶん、~と一緒に来て、といった意味だと思います。それでなぜそのあとにasがあるのでしょうか?辞典でcome with as で調べても、with asで調べても、asで調べてもそれに当てはまる用法がみつかりません。asの用法がカギだと思いますが、よくわかりません。わかられる方、よろしくお願いします。

• 経済英語の訳をお願いできますか?

下記の部分を教えていただけると助かります・・・。お願いします。 The information on these many companies came primarily from readily available materials such as annual and other company reports, government publications, articles in periodicals, and occasionally business histories and biographies. In eighteen of the more significant of these companies, interviews with senior executives helped supplement the printed record. The far more detailed analyses of organizational innovation at du Pont, General Motors, Standard Oil (New Jersey), and Sears, Roebuck were based, on the other hand, largely on internal company records-business correspondence, reports, memoranda, minutes of meetings, and the like. These historical documents were supplemented by interviews with men who had participated in the oraganizational changes.

• どのような意味でしょうか

(メールをやり取りしている人が度々スペルミスをする、という投稿に対して)It’s a bit clunky, perhaps, to repeat the original phrase with the correct spelling, but it’s not overbearing or impolite. If they amend their spelling in the future, great! If not, that’s about as far as you should take it. https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/03/dear-prudence-my-friends-kid-broke-my-laptop.html about as far as you should take itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文頭の With の使い方

Child care already a solid part of the employee benefits package at many companies, more businesses are focusing on a newer family benefit known as elder care, servicing for older dependents. A. Child care B. With child care C. Child care as D. Being the Child care was E. With child cares being 答えはBなのですが、いまいち意味が分かりません。(文法的にもalready...とどう繋がるのかよく見えません) どなたか助けてください!

• rewire の意味

下記のような dialogがあります。 *Oh no. The phone company dropped my call again, right in the middle of the conversation! I'm fed up with Z-Mobile! — I use Rewired. I hardly ever get dropped, and long distance calls in the US and Canada are free. Plus, I can choose four friends to talk with each month as long as I like. — Really? You get unlimited minutes with four people? How much do you pay each month? — I pay a flat fee of $70 for up to 700 minutes, but you can choose pay-as-you-go plans too. I really like Rewired. You should check it out. これは、携帯電話での話しではない 固定電話の話だとは思うのですが、今 日本でも流行の携帯会社や携帯サービス【乗換える~】に使える言葉に使えるのではないかな? と思っています。 へんに transfer やら change やらよりは わかりやすいのかな? wireないけど、【線(電話線)引きなおし←携帯電話に対しても】と使えるのでは?   ご意見が欲しいです。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• IT関係の英文の意味

お世話になります。 次のIT関係の英文の意味(特に後半の "which can so something as simple as send an email to something more complex such as launch a CA Workflow process instance")がうまく訳せません。 どのように訳したらよいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 Workflow discovery consists of determining which of these events should have some kind of business process associated with them. The associated business processes are implemented in the form of rule actions which can so something as simple as send an email to something more complex such as launch a CA Workflow process instance.

• この英訳文のチェックをお願いします。

次の英語の、不自然/間違いの部分をチェックしていただけないでしょうか。 どうぞ、よろしくお願いいたします。 ■これ、持ち帰りにしたいんですけど。  →can I take this out?  CANの助動詞を頻繁に使っているのですが、これは不自然な英語ではないでしょうか? ■サングラスのド付きのメガネがないかを、探しているんですけれども。視界が明るい方がよいので、できるだけ色の薄いレンズがいいでs. I'd like to make a sunglasses with power. To make the vision clear and bright, the color of glasses should be as light as possible. ■皿にもってくれるのもありがたいんですが、むしろチキンの骨と肉を取り外してくれることをお願いすることはできますか。 It is kind of you to serve my plate though, I'd rather like to ask you to get rid of the bones of this chicken?

• like bothersome toll booths~って、どう訳すのでしょうか

お世話になります。 長文なのですが、 the incidents, even one involving a police report in 2002, mostly could be written off as the incidental cost of his immaturity, like bothersome toll booths on the highway to his usual 17 wins or so. のlike以下がどう訳せばいいのかわかりません。17 wins云々は、「彼」がピッチャーだからきていることだと思うのですが、like以下がどこにかかって、どういう訳になるのか、御教示頂ければ助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。値引きの注意欄に下記のようなことが記載されていました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします・ the Goods can come from LA no problem we can do sale as Christmas is coming. What products you see on the website is what is available. So best would be to make a selection. Only thing we ask is that there is a minimum order value spend with us. However you can take as many or as little products as you like in overall mix of the items. Orders over 50SD will get 2.5x mark up . If you have lower size order its not a problem but the markup is lower. However if you go over 10USD then I can give you a better markup so let me know what you like and if you are you able to meet the minimum orders? If you make a selection and let me know what items you like I can get it organized for you pretty quickly.

• 英文の意味が分かりません。

言語に関する文章の一部なんですが、次の二つの【 】部分の意味が分かりません。 (1)【In virtue of knowing the word】, we are able to apply it correctly to anything that can be categorized as a tree (【in contrast ,say,to a bush, a shrub, or an electricity pylon.】) (2)Language itself is an object of categorization.Like everything else in our environment, every linguistic utterance is a unique event.【That language is able to be used as a means of communication at all rests on our ability to recognize, in the flux of language events, instances of linguistic categories -- such things as phonemes, words, word classes, clause types, and so on.】 分かる方がいたら、訳だけでなくコロケーション的なものの意味も添えて教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。