• ベストアンサー

英語の意味を教えてください

He gradually becomes stiff,till at last he sinks to make room for other and more vigorous life. other and moreとはなんでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • M_Sato
  • ベストアンサー率54% (550/1003)
回答No.2

前後関係が分からず、訳してみると意味に矛盾が生じるような気もするのですが、いちおうわたしなりの解釈を書いてみます。 other and more vigorous lifeはother lifeをmore vigorous lifeと言い直して、説明しているのではないでしょうか。 make room for はここでは「~に時間的に都合をつける」の意味でしょう。 「彼はしだいにかたくなになり、ついには、別のこと、もっと活気のあることのほうに時間を使うようになってしまった」

jtjw0tjuj
質問者

お礼

other and moreの解釈が話とつじつまがあうので、ベストアンサーとさせていただきます ありがとうございました

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

彼は次第に硬化し、最後に他の、もっと活気のある生き物に場所を譲って沈む。     

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

「彼は徐々に気難しくなって行き、遂には居場所を占領されると活動的な生活に踏み出した」 *he sinks to make room for other *he sinks to be more vigorous life この2文を一つにまとめたものです。

関連するQ&A

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

宜しくおねがいします。 He sleeps well.. Likes to lie in bed at night with the limbs far apart. Sinks down in bed, slumps, and he heats up when asleep, perspires in first sleep always gets hot in bed. The bed becomes an oven, and he gets tearing pains in the ligaments of feet. Though the feet remain colder than the body when asleep He occasionally hangs them out of the bed.. He usually sleeps soundly. Dreams of other people, doppelgangers, things in twos. And strange forms closing in on him, confused dreams, he only partly recalls, of snakes, arguments, dead things. Wakes up in the morning as drab or dull as ever, but brightens in the evening.

• どのような意味でしょうか

it’s also possible he will be fired for cause and have to make some changes in his life. http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2017/08/dear_prudence_why_are_people_using_ipads_at_the_food_bank.html?via=rubric_recirc_recent (下の方です) ここでのcauseはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

よろしければ文章を訳してください宜しくお願いします。 Every planet has an influence on your future and on the future soulmate. Mercury was in Aquarius when you were born. Your soul mate is loyal and faithful. He has modern ideas and thoughts about the way love and romance should be in his life. He may far ahead of his times, so this relationship will be sophisticated and advanced by other peoples standards. He is open to new experiences in life and love. He is not given to deceiving himself or others and will not do so. He will make observations about you. He will take a great interest and curiosity about you. He can be detached, so that while he may be exceedingly interested in what other people say or know about you, he is not influenced by others views, he observes you and sees the truth, sees things that other people cannot always see. And he is perceptive in this. He may be able to see you from a different angle to others, and his insight will be illuminating.

• 英訳をするときのコツとか

英訳を教えて欲しいです 1)だからおのずと、モノがよく見え、またヒトとの交流も深まるのである。結果として、その国とその国に住む人々について より深い理解を得ることが出来る。 Becaus you gradually more look at a thing and more make a companion. At a result, you can get to more understanding about the country and living people in the country. と自分なりに訳したんですが、どうもしっくりきません。 うまい訳仕方はないでしょうか? 訳すときのコツなども教えて欲しいです おねがいします。

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

翻訳をしていただけたらと思っています。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。 In your future life together with this Soul Mate he will be quieter more reserved than you. You will often be the one to starts the conversation, or bring up topics for discussion more than him. But his opinion and advice will be very important to you, and you’ll seek it out. He will be the better educated and more bookish, or intellectual. He will have more know how and will seem to know more than you, or be able to find out more and to supply you with information when you need it for various things. You and he will hardly ever quarrel or be nasty and unpleasant with each other. But there may be many disagreements with those around you. You will always be tactful diplomatic careful and polite and loving with each other. You will have a similar mentality and communication will be one of the great strengths of this relationship.

• どのような意味でしょうか

For at least three years now, my neck has hurt on a daily basis. More often than not, it's stiff, and I need to crack it to get some relief. crack it to get some reliefはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語

1Tom said that his room wasn't (enough,more than,have,to,big) five people in it at one time. 2Jack always reads some books or other (to,as,behind,to be,not) the times. 3(the peace,when,the world,be,is,there,no,telling,may,of)threatened. 4It (goes,saying,are,that love,without,and trust) of vital importance in life. 5(denying,is,conditions,no,people surrounding,there,that,young) are formidably harsh. 6Unless you're going to use it regularly, (an expensive dictionary,buying,it's,such,no use). 7In (habitable,Mars,to,more,order,make) to life, the temperature of the planet must increase. 8(adult/into/a person/order/to/a mature, responsible/in/develop/for), he or she needs to experience life firsthand. 9By the late 1950s scientists had already accumulated (between,a clear,evidence,link,enough,show,to) smoking and cancer. 10I always encourage my students to be individual and to think themselves, but I (help,thinking,do,listen,cannot,that,not,they) to what I say. 1、6、7には訳をつけて頂きたいです。 お願いいたします。

• 英語 和訳

It is only gradually that the small child begins to be aware of himself as a separate entity,and at the same time to be aware of other people as separate also. この文を和訳してください。 どなたか宜しくお願いします。

• out toの意味

I used to drive two or three hours from San Jose to Santa Rosa to be with him at the [police] academy. He was staying in a hotel, and I would hide out in the room all day because he wasn't out to the other guys. ここでのout toの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語和訳お願いします

The lesson goes something like this: we can have an ordinary life if we make the same choices others make or we can have a richer, more the satisfying life if we take risks and chose to be different.