Tom's Room, Jack's Reading, and More

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Tom said that his room wasn't big enough for more than five people in it at one time.
  • Jack always reads some books or other, as behind the times.
  • There is no telling when the peace of the world may be threatened.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語

1Tom said that his room wasn't (enough,more than,have,to,big) five people in it at one time. 2Jack always reads some books or other (to,as,behind,to be,not) the times. 3(the peace,when,the world,be,is,there,no,telling,may,of)threatened. 4It (goes,saying,are,that love,without,and trust) of vital importance in life. 5(denying,is,conditions,no,people surrounding,there,that,young) are formidably harsh. 6Unless you're going to use it regularly, (an expensive dictionary,buying,it's,such,no use). 7In (habitable,Mars,to,more,order,make) to life, the temperature of the planet must increase. 8(adult/into/a person/order/to/a mature, responsible/in/develop/for), he or she needs to experience life firsthand. 9By the late 1950s scientists had already accumulated (between,a clear,evidence,link,enough,show,to) smoking and cancer. 10I always encourage my students to be individual and to think themselves, but I (help,thinking,do,listen,cannot,that,not,they) to what I say. 1、6、7には訳をつけて頂きたいです。 お願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

1. Tom said that his room wasn't big enough to have more than five people in it at one time. トムは自分の部屋は一度に5人以上の人が入れるほど十分広くないと言いました。 2. Jack always reads some book[s] or other so as not to be behind the times. ジャックは時代に遅れないようにいつも何らかの本を読んでいます。 ☆( )内の語句に to が1つ多く so が足りないように思います。また、「何らかの」の様な意味では、some の後の名詞は通例単数形の様に思います。 http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/some+or+other behind the times http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=behind+the+times&ref=sa 3. There is no telling when the peace of the world may be threatened. いつ世界平和が脅かされるか分かりません。 ☆ There is no telling ... = It is impossible to tell ... 4. It goes without saying that love and trust are of vital importance in life. 愛と信頼が人生で極めて重要なのは言うまでもありません。 ☆ It goes without saying that ... = Needless to say, ... http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=it+goes+without+saying+that&ref=sa 5. There is no denying that conditions surrounding young people are formidably harsh. 若者を取り囲む状況が並外れて厳しいと言うことを否定できません。 ☆ There is no ... ing = It is impossible to ... http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=there+is+no+denying 6. Unless you're going to use it regularly, it's no use buying such an expensive dictionary. 定期的に使うのでなければ、そんな高価な辞書を買うのは無駄です。 ☆ it is no use ... ing「~するのは無駄です」 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=it+is+no+use+doing&ref=sa 7. In order to make Mars more habitable to life, the temperature of the planet must increase. 生命にとってもっと火星を住みやすくするためには、その惑星の気温が上昇しなければなりません。 8. In order for a person to develop into a mature, responsible adult, he or she needs to experience life firsthand. 人は成熟した、責任のある大人になるためには、人生を直に経験する必要があります。 ☆ in order for A to do ...「A が~するために」 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=in+order+for&ref=sa 9. By the late 1950s scientists had already accumulated enough evidence to show a clear link between smoking and cancer. 1950年代末までには、科学者はすでに喫煙とがんの明らかな関連を示す十分な証拠を蓄積していました。 10. I always encourage my students to be individual and to think themselves, but I cannot help thinking that they do not listen to what I say. 私はいつも自分の生徒たちに独立して、自分自身で考えるように勧めていますが、彼らが私の言うことを聞いていないと思わざるを得ません。 ☆ cannot help ... ing = cannot help but ...「~せざるを得ない」 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=cannot+help

a0itone
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 特にイコール表現が助かりました。 2ですが、ご指摘の通りでした。すみません。 http://oshiete.goo.ne.jp/qa/7520591.html http://oshiete.goo.ne.jp/qa/7520598.html

関連するQ&A

• 英語

In a classless society, (1) as the US strives to be, (2) people are all theoretically equals, physical closeness is quite naturally a factor in whom they know and associate (3). (4) living next to someone won't inevitably lead to friendship or a deeper relationship, there is no reason why it (5) not. In any (6), it will almost always lead to a casual acquaintanceship. It is expected that one will be (7) to everyone, and certainly to people one sees every day.  This doesn't apply in (8) of the world. If there is no other basis for a relationship, such as similar social or class backgrounds, then physical closeness (9) doesn't qualify. (10) is there any sense of having to be friendly to people one doesn't know; polite, yes, but friendly, no. [alone,case,friendly,much,nor,should,where,while,with] ()内にこれらの語句が入る長文穴埋め問題です。

• 英語を日本語にして貰えますか?

意味が分からない所が多々あります。。。 意訳で結構ですのでヨロシクお願いします。 went you be next to me i will always have the same feeling toward you ..no matter of what happen ... this is how i am and i want you to always feel happy and care ... in the good time and bad ... only happiness can make a better life .. and i will make it come true ..i want too make it come true.

• 添削お願いします

I think gambling should not be banned. If it is banned, some people living the revenue cannot life. Certainly there is something dangerous in any point, I think it is not to ban. As a result that it should be legalized and limit to gamble. It depends you for gambling to how to use. 文法的に間違いは無いでしょうか。なかったら暗記しようかなと思ってます。 よろしくおねがいします。

• 英語の和訳

They need to remember that nobody does it alone, and that single parents use social networks. There is no denying the difficulties of single-parent home. With the support from friends, single parents and their children can reap the satisfying rewards of watching their children grow up to be happy and healthy. 英文の和訳をお願いします。

• [英語] ()に当てはまるものを教えて下さい><

1. From the earliest times, people have known that plants could be used to treat sickness. Since the dawn of (h ) , all societies seem to have had some (k ) of herbal remedies. 2. All electronics development was made possible by one product of the petrochemical industry, plastic. (W ) plastic it would have been (i )to make any developments in electronics. 3. The origins of poetry are agreed to be in song, and the connection between verse and music has remained strong throughout history. Most experts think that poetry was (o ) a kind of song, and the two have always been closely (c ).

• 高校英語の和訳教えてください

高校英語の和訳教えてください 1 Though my memory is not as good as it used to be,I remenber that, when a boy,I very nearly died of typhoid fever. 2 People will have to wear a space suit on the moon.   There will be no air for them to breathe.   In the daytime, it will be twice as hot as the hottest day in the Sahara Desert.   At night, it will be twice as cold as the coldest day at the North Pole. よろしくお願いします

• 長文ですが英語を訳していただきたいです

No, I'd pass www Your hair it isn't really short, at least for me, it is in good size :3 How much do you will be going to cut? By the way, may I ask, what is a bob? w Thanks! No, I'm pretty the opposite, I'm kinda unpopular ww orz I'm glad that I've convinced you more :3 Yeah, most of the beaches on Rio de Janeiro and in the state of Sao Paulo are indeed great. Specially the sea! You will like it! Also, you will really need an umbrella before you go to Sao Paulo Unless if you want to swim here in the rainy days too www Interesting to know that the city is known for it's spas I think I know someone who will like that fact wwww After seeing more photos, I agree with you. Oita isn't really too much urbanized, it looks more calm than most of the cities that I heard :3 It'll be nice to know these natural resources. Funny and great the fact that we are at the opposite sides of the earth each other :3 But... > I can hardly imagine! I didn't understood well this line, sorry (>.<)

• この文章を訳してもらえませんか

難しくて・・・、自動翻訳とかだとわけ分からないので Some people think that sustainable society would have to stop using nonrenewable resources, since their use is by definition unsustainable. That idea is an overly rigid interpretation of what it means to be sustainable. Certainly a sustainable society would use gifts from the earth's crust more thoughtfully and efficiently than the present world does. It would price them properly and keep more of them available for future generations. But there is no reason not to use them, as long as their use meets the criterion of sustainability already defined, namely that renewable substitutes should be developed, so that no future society finds itself built around the use of resource that is suddenly no longer available or affordable.

• 英語が正しいかどうか教えてください。

Many people want to be success. Many people have dreams and become happy. I also want to be success. And I have a dream. It is not easy to success. And many people have felt sad because they can’t success. I don’t think people can’t succeed that it is because of hard work. I suppose that luck is very important for succeed. I argue about exam and I was read a book. この文の英語に間違いなどあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の歌詞の訳をお願いします。

英語の歌詞の訳をお願いします。 できれば大切な人に語りかけるような口調の訳だと 嬉しいです。 I know you think that I shouldnt still love you or tell you that But if I didnt say it, well, Id still have felt it Wheres the sense in that? I promise Im not trying to make your life harder or return to where we were But I will go down with this ship I wont put my hands up and surrender There will be no white flag above my door Im in love and always will be I know I left too much mess and destruction to come back again And I caused nothing but trouble I understand if you cant talk to me again And if you live by the rules of "Its Over" then Im sure that that makes sense And when we meet, which Im sure we will, all that was there will be there still Ill let it pass and hold my tongue And you will think that Ive moved on よろしくお願いします。