• 締切済み

inconvenience/ cause使い方

TOEICの問題集に以下の問題がありました。 We are sorry for any inconvenience that _____ by this project, but believe that any short-turm inconvenience will be outweighed by the lon-term benefits. a) is caused b) causes c) caused d) has been caused 私はdを選びましたが正解はa でした。でも、なぜ is caused が正しくて has been causedが なぜ正しくないのか、解説がなくわかりません。 どなたか教えてくださいm(__)m。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.2

a) is causedという、すっぱりした言い方はよいと思います。現在のことに注目している。現在ある問題に注目している。  しかし、質問者様がお考えの通り、d) has been causedでも問題ありません。this projectは期間的に瞬時ではなく、一定期間維持されているはずです。 short-turm inconvenienceと言ってますしね。  そして私なら、そう言います。なぜなら、そういう今までを踏まえて、言いたい本論はwillと今後のことだからです。  選択肢にないですが、wasはちょっとまずい。もう関係ないというニュアンスになりかねません。  そんな風に思います。

atami3
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 なるほど。文脈なのですね。 確かにそうですね。 これから文意をきちんと把握しようと思います。m(__)m

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

has been causedが英語として文法的に間違いだというわけではありません。 「これまでご迷惑をおかけして申し訳ありませ んでした(今後はこういうことのないようにします)」という文脈なら、has been causedが正しいと思います。 でも、ご質問の問題では、これまでのこともこれからのことも全部まとめてお詫びする文脈が想定されているので、is causedと現在形で、一般的なこととして言うことにしているのでしょう。

atami3
質問者

お礼

なるほど。文法的には間違いではないのですね。 ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

None of those things, of course. In fact, one might well suppose that the popular feeling is that Americans are a lot better off without any of that tripe. There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

• 英語の並び替え問題

英語の並び替え問題です 1.Osamu is now able to beat his father,(from,he,him,how,learned,to,whom)play beseball. 2.What(gave,he,the reason,was,which,why)for being so late? 3.There are some problems(have,I,that,to,which,with) deal immediately. 4.I am sorry for (any,caused,have,I,inconvenience,may,you,what). 5.Experience is a school (a man,he has been,learns,where,what a big fool,which). ( )の中を並び替えるんですけど、訳も答えなければいけません・・・。 さっぱりです><; お願いします。

• facebookへの問い合わせの返信が英語

クレジットカードの利用明細にfacebookからの請求が載っており(なりすまし)、身に覚えがないのでこの請求を取り下げてほしいとfecebookのヘルプセンターへメールで依頼をしたところ、下記のように英語で返信が届きました。 私の英語力の無さの為、お詫びをされているのはなんとなく分かるのですが、これはfacebook側では請求できないので私からの取り下げ依頼を承諾したものと捉えていいものなのでしょうか? 英語力のある方、お力を貸していただけませんでしょうか? Thank you for your email. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Unfortunately, I am not able to locate any charges that match the information you have sent. Can you double check that the date and amount of any charges are correct, as well as the first six and last four digits of the card number? Please note that if there is another person who has a card on the same account, they will often have a different last four digits. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I will investigate the matter as soon as I receive this information.

• 語句整序

(been,caused,have,is,the accident,thought,to)by the reckless driver. I found (it,off,strange,that,the lights,were). 教えてください

• It is rare that vs it is rare for O

It is rare that vs it is rare for O to V 以下のニュアンスの違いがわかる方はいらっしゃるでしょうか。 It is very rare that a nation has been/is heavily influenced by its historical and cultural characteristics like the US It is very rare for a nation to have been influenced by its historical and cultural characteristics to the extent [that] the US has. 語尾のlike US と to the extent ... 部分は無視してください。 主眼は、that と for to の違いにあります。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。type2

"I've never been the type of guy that's ever needed a lot of things or any fancy things." that'sはthat has若しくはthat isどちらでしょうか? 意訳を入れて説明いただければ幸いです。

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 In modern timees , with the motorcar and the airplane, the desert may be said to have been conquered so far as travel is concerned . But it has been conquered in other ways. The send of the desert , blown by the winds , advances yard by yard over the cultivated fields. Many lands that once were cultivated have been changed into deserts . Sand covers the wells and canals that once watered fields . This has largely been caused by the scarcity of rainfall 長文すいません。 お願いします

• 回答お願いします。

この文の和訳をお願いします。 This has been answered by the courts, which hold that it is a proper government function and a necessary one to gather reliable statistics that have a bearing on governmental functions, and that intelligent legislation can only by formulated if the government has the facts.

• 英語

英語です。 English is more widely scattered than any other languages has ever been. とありますが、 なぜany other languages has ever been. に been がついているのですか? これは 副詞を比較しているので、動詞は代動詞にすると教わりましたが、 現在完了形の代動詞を使って、 English is more widely sccttered than any other languages has. とはしないのですか?

• 長文和訳お願いします

If the winding is suddenly short-circuited, after the steady-state current I has been established, the subsequent value of the current is found by substituting E=0 in Eq.2.27, and making i=I when t=0, whence: (2.34) i=I*exp(-RT/L) . That is, the current is maintained at a gradually decreasing value by the energy stored in the magnetic field until that energy is exhausted. If the circuit is opened before the flux has died away, the voltage across the terminals will rise to a high value, maintaining the current across the opening until the arc energy and resistance losses have dissipated the magnetic energy. For this reason, it is dangerous to interrupt the current of any inductive winding, without safety provisions such as discharge resistors or remote operation.