• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:ニュースの翻訳見てくれませんか?)

ニューメキシコ史上最大の山火事が発生!消防士が鎮火に向けて頑張っています

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ニューメキシコで史上最大の山火事が発生しました。先月の落雷により2つの火災が発生し、合体して広範囲に広がりました。380平方マイルもの広さを焼き尽くし、これはシカゴの1.5倍以上の大きさに相当します。
  • 消防士たちは火を制御するために努力しており、昨日の時点で18%が鎮火されました。避難した住民の一部は帰宅を許可されています。
  • 英語の勉強中の方がCNNstudentニュース等を翻訳している際、ニューメキシコで起きている史上最大の山火事に遭遇し、5.5倍の広さに驚いています。ネイティブスピーカーにとっては馴染み深い表現かもしれませんが、非ネイティブスピーカーには分かりにくい表現です。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.1

貴訳はほぼ正確な訳ですので、以下は重箱の隅をつつくような指摘ですが、ご参考までに。 1)This is the largest wildfire in the history of New Mexico. [これはニューメキシコの歴史でも過去最大の山火事です。] ●これはニューメキシコ州の歴史上最大の山火事となっています。 (日本語の問題だけです。) 2)It started last month from two separate lightning strikes. [先月二箇所の落雷により始まり、] ●この山火事は、先月の2箇所への落雷によって発生しました。 3)Those sparked two fires that eventually merged together and the combined flames have burned across 380 square miles. [燃え盛る炎はついには合体し一体となった火炎は380平方マイルも焼き払いました。] ●その2つの火災がそのうちにつながって、合流した火炎はこれまでに380平方マイルを焼き払いました。 (英語原文の combine は combined の誤植と思います。「焼き払う」は、across の語感を映しているいい訳です。) 4)For perspective, that is more than 11/2 times the size of Chicago. [シカゴの山火事に比べると11/2倍にもなる見通しです。] ●380平方マイルと言いますと、シカゴの1.5倍に相当します。 (For perspective は、380平方マイルという大きさを聴取者に理解させるための透視図として言えば、ということです。11/2=1 and 1/2) 5)Firefighters are making progress in trying to get this thing under control. [消防士達は消火活動中です。] ●消防士たちは、延焼を食い止めようと消化活動中で、成果は挙がりつつあります。 (get ~ under control は、手に負えなくなるの反対で、食い止めるめどが立つということです。消したわけではありません。) 6)As of yesterday afternoon, it was about 18 percent contained. 「現状、昨日の午後には18%ほど消し止められています。」 ●昨日の午後の段階で、約18%において延焼が食い止められています。 (As of~=「~時点で」。containedは under control と同じです。82%はまだ勢いよく燃え広がりつつあるが、18%において延焼スピードがめっきり鈍化しているということです。) 7)Some residents who had to leave their homes because of the fire were being allowed to return. [火事によって避難した住人たちは家に帰る許可がでています。] ●この火事で避難を余儀なくされた住民たちの1部は帰宅を許可されつつあります。 (were being allowed to returnは進行形ですので、were allowed to returnとは違い、そういうことが始まっている、というニュアンスです。完了しているわけではありません。)

0205yu-
質問者

お礼

細かでご親切な添削、ありがとうございます。とても参考になりました。 ちょっとしたニュアンスでわかりかねていた部分もすっきりしました。 11/2=1と1/2とは気付きませんでした。なるほど・・・。 シカゴの面積と比べていたんですね。同じような火事と比べているのかと誤解してました。 18 percent contained.の部分も、消しきったのではなく抑えてきてるって感じの事なんですね。 were being allowed to returnについても納得です。 ご丁寧にありがとうございます。感謝v

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳お願いします

翻訳していただけるかた、 お願いできますか? よろしくお願いいたします。 I hope the reading has been like a light cast into the shadows, Tomoko, and that it has illuminated parts of the future and the path that this relationship is making. I come now to the end of our time together. However complex and detailed any reading is, it is really just a fragment of ones life. A few aspects of the chart interpreted as this is all there is ever time for. The synastry reading holds within its secret depth both your life and your friends. An infinite web of events, images, feelings, that span great depth and vast extents of time it is not possible in any one reading to show the whole of that picture, just as it is not possible to write your life story on a single sheet of paper. This then is just an insight.

• ニュースの翻訳

ニュース記事を翻訳しているのですが、なかなか上手く訳せません。 原文は以下のとおりです。 Consolidating our two Charleston area operations into a single location allow us to become more efficient and is consistent with our strategy of being a low-cost produver in all its business.This move will reduce the complexity of our operations and allow us to better serve our customer. 適切な訳をご教示ください。よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いします

以下の英文を訳して下さい。お願いします Relationships always involve two or more people. In working off your chart we are in a way only getting half of the picture. Like one piece of the jigsaw. Working off two charts is like seeing the total picture, it is of particular use where there are uncertainly or problems, worries about how the relationship will go. So I will be able to tell you much more, and answer questions when you have met this man and know his birth time. It will be possible to compare your charts then to gain a closer insight into his thoughts feelings and the future of things. There is a kind of astrology that believes that within each moment in time, is encapsulated its future possibilities. So that if you meet someone on a certain date, the planets positions on that time, may augment bad or good for the relationships future and its future can sometimes be predicted from that. But the mans birth date is always the preferred method.

• 翻訳をお願いします!

日本語に訳していただけませんか? 宜しくお願いします。 Neptune can cause secret plots and conspiracies against you. Especially in family It could be that his family may try to turn him against you. Conspiracies in love and romantic matters. These made behind your back by others. You need to be careful whom to trust, and to beware of what goes on around you. Inwardly you may sense this, sense something going on, and live in dread of some vague unknown danger. But there will be two sides to his family character. They may pretend to be one kind of person but will be the exact opposite in private. With this Neptune aspect things will be confusing, but you must have faith in fate. This relationship will be characterized by peculiar circumstances, and experiences, that you will seem to have no option but to submit to and accept. But All things work together for the good. It is difficult to believe this sometimes. But maintain confidence in this belief, that all things will conspire in the end to the good, and also know that you can influence the same, towards a desired end.

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 定型文となりますので 抽象的だと思いますが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 All my readings are unique, this chart is for you and you alone. No two destinies are ever the same. Perhaps it has evoked as many unspoken questions in your mind as it has answered. If so, if you do have special questions, that you would like me to answer, you may also want a question reading. But remember soul mate two may answer some or most them. Your whole life is in this chart, everything is shown somewhere if we can but find it. Soul Mate two is the next chapter, the next step.

• 英語の翻訳お願いします

But apart from of any potential payoff, I believe that the quest for knowledge for the sake of knowledge is irreplaceable. It seems to me essential that a developed nation participate in this expansion of knowledge for the good of all mankind, and that it devote to this effort a fraction of its resources, even without any film hope of material benefit in return. If unexpected applications do materialize as a bonus, so much the better. A few remarks are in other, however. This“pure”science does have an obligation. It must produce truly original results. There is no place for research which merely reproduces, expect for a detail or two, an experiment already successfully performed. But how does one judge the degree of novelty? At present, this difficult evaluation is carried out informally, by the seat of the pants so to speak, by the scientific community-not entirely without errors or injustices, to be sure, but, by and large, with fairly satisfactory results. A word of caution:it does sometimes happen that, in order to reach a particular goal, several avenues prove feasible, utilizing very different means, some quite elaborate, others much simpler or considerably less costly. Should one, for instance, send humans into space, or should one rely on unmanned spacecraft? One must constantly remain alert to the danger that research might get mired in enormous projects of doubtful utility. This is the responsibility that scientists must assume on behalf of the taxpayers of their respective countries.

• 翻訳してください。

Taxation differs from country to country. For example, in the United States and Japan, a tax on cigarettes and alcohol is an important way for the government to get money. This is sometimes called a "sin tax." In other words, by doing something bad, you do something good: You give money to the government. Yet in Russia, there is almost no tax on tobacco or alcohol. It is often said that taxes will change in the 21st century. There may be new taxes on bank savings and financial transactions. Trash is likely to be taxed in the future. When you drive your car into a large city, you might have to pay a tax for that. One thing is certain: There will be new taxes for the rich and poor in countries that have fewer and fewer young people to support society. If you like to save money, you might be penalized for this in the future. This would encourage people not to hold money, but spend it. This might be important in societies such as Japan, where people traditionally save large amounts of money. A strong economy is one in which money changes hands often. Money "grows" in this way. When you go overseas, you usually exchange yen for another currency, such as dollars or the euro. Not only are tourists a good target for a tax(because it is thought that they have money to spend), but it would help to stop speculators. Speculators are people with large amounts of money who buy one currency, hold it, and then sell it to make money. Imagine that somebody exchanges \10,000,000 at 92 yen per dollar. If he changes this money back to yen at just 93 yen to a dollar, then he has made about \100,000. Any government would love to get some of this profit.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The new GOP health bill only has 20% approval - but they are going to move heaven and earth to get that thing passed. I don't understand the pride of men. This is going to get people killed. There is no place for politics or pride in health care. This is a criminal undertaking and someday these guys will all have to answer for it. We need to tattoo this onto the foreheads of all who voted for it - this kind of cruelty should not be forgotten.

• 英文の翻訳

以下の英文を翻訳お願いしたいです Sometimes this decision is straightforward. A proposal of a marriage, and an acceptance or refusal. But sometimes life is less well defined than that and the decision is made by the soul, it is made in the depths unconsciously. By you or by him. You may feel you have had enough of this particular man, or karma for one life for example and your spirit may withdraw because of pain when you could have struggled on perhaps and changed the ending to the story. Or you may unconsciously behave in such a way that he is the one to end the relationship against your will. Life is complicated, and the stars only really sketch this life, you add your own complications to become woven into the destiny This can be said of all relationships of course, not just your own. But it is right to state it. Some people hear the word soul mate and they assume that nothing can ever go wrong. That is not so. What I promise you is a future, it is up to you and him to make it happy or sad, short or lasting.

• 翻訳願います。

It is not that I do not want to marry you, it would be a lovely dream to do so, I think. I do not think that we have this path ahead of us... but I want to have you in my life always, somehow. Duty as a man? To stand and hold the load, to carry it forward. To move and put the wants of man away. 宜しくお願いします。