• ベストアンサー

わからない英文があります

"The same year, fed up with the LA dating scene (what that says for the rest of the pool can't be good), she decided she didn't want to wait any longer to become a mother and filed for single-parent adoption." この英文の意味を教えてください m(__)m

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • JDMspec
  • ベストアンサー率70% (17/24)
回答No.1

こんな感じですかね。 その同じ年、彼女はLAデートにうんざりしていた (残りの男性陣にまともなのはいない、と言う意味で)、そこで彼女は次のように決断し実行した、母親になるための男探しにこれ以上時間かけるのは止めて、シングル・マザーでの養子縁組を申請しよう。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 下記の英文の意味を教えてください。

The expectation that society had for a women was that she would either get married and have children and stay in a house without working at a job, or that she would stay in a convent and be a nun. However, She, Catalina, decided that those options were not right for her, and she decided to go after her dreams and become a conquistador like many men around her. How did Catalina's decision to become a conquistador go against the expectation that society had for her? 「社会は女性は結婚し、子供を産み、仕事に取り組むことなく家にい続けるもの、または、修道女になるべきだと思っていた。しかし、カタリーナはそれがいやで、彼女は夢を求めて、コンキスタドールになることに決めました。この決断はどのように社会の予想に反していますか?」 ...という意味でしょうか。 それに対しての答えは、 社会の予想 女性が結婚をし、子供を産み、仕事に取り組むことなく家にい続けるもの。 または、修道女になるべきだと思っていた。 カタリーナの行動 修道院から逃げ出し、髪を短く切り、男装し、スペインの街を転々とし、あげくのはて新大陸(メキシコ)を征服しに行った。 と、このようなことを書けばいいのでしょうか?

• what I am about

I have been seeing a woman who is 21 years younger than I am. She says she loves me, but I am hesitant because of our age difference. We have known each other for years. She had a crush on me when she was 16, but I was married at the time, and she was too young. We made love a couple of times when she was in her 20s because I was divorced and she was single. Now it's 10 years later. I'm in my late 50s; she's in her 30s. We are both single, and she wants to take care of me for the rest of my life. She brings me lunch every once in a while, which I am amazed at because it's a long drive from where she lives. I worry about what other people will think, but she doesn't care and says she wants to love me and care for me because she knows what I am about. what I am aboutはどのような意味でしょうか?what I amとどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 【至急】この英文の日本語訳をお願いします。

翻訳サイトを試してみたのですが、しっくりこなくて… 力を貸してくださる方がいらっしゃったらよろしくお願いします。 For many others―particularly for those entering the world of Information technology, the Internet has become the most appropriate forum for training and evaluating learners. As many more people continue to enter this field, and the demand for computer-based learning and testing increases, so too will the need for more sophisticated virtual test centers. So, dose all this mean that one day people will never have to use a pencil and paper to take a test? We'll have to wait and see.

• 長文ですみませんが、訳をお願い致します!

A statement of claim filed in the High Court at Auckland by the Pepperwood Mews body corporate says that in 2002-03, Housing NZ and developers Prime Group hatched plans for what has now become Pepperwood. About August 2003, Housing NZ struck an agreement with Prime for the design and construction of the big complex. Investors were drawn to buy units, the claim says, because they were marketed as a "blue chip" investment. The complex was leased as state housing but evacuated when severe structural defects were found.

• 海外の売り主からの英文メールを翻訳してください

海外の売り主からの英文メールを翻訳してください Good morning. I am so sorry so sorry our co-worker cut them too fast, made a mistake cut wires too short. I fell very bad, if you like to take this order I will give you $28.00 each, instead $29.00, or I can refund you the whole amount you paid, or wait for the next shipment about 20 days from now. Or take some longer sensor and the rest I will send you when I receive the next shipment.

• 英語問題

1:Please lock the door when you ( ). (1)leave (2)will be leaving (3)will have left (4)will leave 2:The man decided to wait at the station until his wife ( ). (1)came (2)come (3)has come (4)will come 3:It will not be long before she ( ) London. (1)will leave to (2)will leave for (3)leaves to (4)leaves for 解答と訳をお願いします

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。欲しい商品の入荷情報や発送の事でメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 please see the estimate, some items are no longer in stock or the quality I don’t think will meet your standards. The entire shipment can ship in about 7-10 days from payment date, as some of them we need to special order for you. If you would like we can ship them in 2 shipments ( items in stock and then the reorders in 10 days) or you can wait for the entire shipment at once. I have sent you the invoice via paypal. For Fedex it would be $60 for shipping for one complete shipment. If you want to use your account just let me know the account number and we can set up with fedex. Once we get payment we can start the order, thank you again, I went ahead and did the 10% that you had requested, I can’t do anymore, but this is the lowest we have gone for any AAA.

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Close-up Life Expectancy: How Long Is Long? “There are groups of mountain people in the Soviet Union, India and Ecuador who claim to love very long lives. Some people say they’re 125 years old and going strong. “Robert R. Kohn, professor of pathology at Case Western University, says the claims aren’t true. “’They have every reason to claim old age-economic reasons, status reasons-and there are no records to back up the claims, ‘says Kohn. “While in the Soviet Union for a scientific meeting. Kohn found another reason: The old people in Georgia have become such a tourist attraction that he was offered the opportunity to see them for the sum of 50 American dollars. There’s no doubt these people are old and healthy and they would be worth studying, but when you read about Ivan who’s 146 tears old and his mother’s mad at him, don’t believe it. お願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

I’m 24 and have been dating a girl, “Emily,” for about four months now, and I’ve never been more in love with a woman. I know it’s early, but I really think she is “the one.” Emily is 26 and was always upfront that she is a single mom with a young son. I haven’t met him yet, which seemed OK; I understood her taking time for us to meet. I understood her taking time for us to meet.の和訳を教えてください。少しこの文の使い方が難しいのですが、出来れば似たような文の例文を他にください。よろしくお願いします

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

"Dr Gray says if you switch from eserine to atropine--" It was put down to an accident. There was a strong hope that Miss Simmonds's one eye would survive. It was she who had made up the prescription. She refused to discuss it. I said, "The bottle may have been tampered with, have you thought of that?" "Joan's been reading books." The last week of my holidays old Mrs Simmonds died above the shop and left all her fortune to her daughter. At the same time I got tonsillitis and could not return to school. I was attended by our woman doctor, the widow of the town's former doctor who had quite recently died. This was the first time I had seen Dr Gray, although I had known the other Dr Gray, her husband, whom I missed. The new Dr Gray was a sharp-faced athletic woman. She was said to be young. She came to visit me every day for a week. After consideration I decided she was normal and in the right, though dull. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 主人公(Joan)は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 Miss SimmondsはMr Simmonds (検眼士)の姉です。 -------------------------------------------------------- ●I said, "The bottle may have been tampered with, have you thought of that?" "Joan's been reading books." ここはどういう会話になっているのでしょうか? 私(Joan)は言いました。「ビンはいじられたかもしれないわ。そうは思わない?」 「Joanは本を読んでいたところなのよ」 ちょっと意味が入ってこない感じです。 教えてください。お願いします。 前文は I started screaming when I got home, and was given a sedative. By evening everyone knew what Miss Simmonds had put the wrong drops in her eyes. "Will she go blind in that eye, too?" people said. "The doctor says there's hope." "There will be an inquiry." "She was going blind in that eye in any case," they said. "Ah, but the pain...." "Whose mistake, hers or his?" "Joan was there at the time. Joan heard the screams. We had to give her a sedative to calm---" "--calm her down." "But who made the mistake?" "She usually makes up the eye-drops herself. She's got a dispenser's--" "--dispense's certificate, you know." "Her name was on the bottle, Joan says." "Who wrote the name on the bottle? That's the question. They'll find out from the handwriting. If it was Mr Simmonds he'll be disqualified." "She always wrote the names on the bottles. She'll be put off the dispensers' roll, poor thing." "They'll lose their licence." "I got eye-drops from them myself only three weeks ago. If I'd have known what I know now, I'd never have--" "The doctor says they can't find the bottle, it's got lost." "No, the sergeant says they've got the bottle. The handwriting is hers. She must have made up the drops herself, poor thing." "Deadly nightshade, same thing." "Stuff called atropine. Belladonna. Deadly nightshade." "It should have been stuff called eserine. That's what she usually had, the doctor says." "Dr Gray says?" "Yes, Dr Gray." となっています。