広島の平和公園にある碑文とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 広島の平和公園内には、英語の碑文があります。
  • 碑文の原文は「The Atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima August 6,1945 devastated the city and its people with a force beyond any known before.」です。
  • 原文の受動態に関して疑問が生じましたが、原文は正しいとされています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

碑文について

広島の平和公園内の英語の碑文・・・  原文「The Atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima August 6,1945 devastated the city and its people with a force beyond any known before. 」ですが、「The Atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima inAugust 6,1945 devastated the city and its people with a force beyond any known before. 」と、受動態の方が相応しいのでは、とふと思いましたが、原文が正しいのでしょうか?原爆は自然現象では、ないので・・・英語にお詳しい方、お教えていただければ幸いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • spring135
  • ベストアンサー率44% (1487/3332)
回答No.2

これは動詞がdevastatedです。bombの後に関係代名詞+be動詞が省略されています。 The Atomic bomb (which was)dropped on Hiroshima August 6,1945 devastated the city and its people with a force beyond any known before. 質問者の書いた文では devastated が浮いていて正しい英語を構成していません。

gorunel
質問者

お礼

あぁなるほど! 省略が見えないなんて・・動詞がdevastated・・ そうですよね。よーくわかりました。胸のツカエがとれたような気持ちです。HiroshimaとAugustの間に前置詞も不要なんですね。ご教示頂き心から感謝申し上げます。

その他の回答 (1)

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

The Atomic bomb (which was) dropped on Hiroshima August 6,1945 devastated the city and its people with a force beyond any known before. と括弧内が省略された受身形になっています。 因みにThe Atomic bomb (which was) dropped on Hiroshima August 6,1945 までの関係代名詞節が主語になります。

gorunel
質問者

お礼

大変よくわかりました。関係代名詞節が主語 省略された語句が見えないと英語は難解ですね。教えていただき、感謝申し上げます。

関連するQ&A

• Wikipediaの文

Wikipediaに On Monday, August 6, 1945, at 8:15 AM, the Atomic Bomb "Little Boy" was dropped on Hiroshima by an American B-29 bomber, the Enola Gay,☆directly killing an estimated 80,000 people.☆ By the end of the year, injury and radiation brought total casualties to 90,000–140,000. という文がありました(抜粋) その中の ☆directly killing an estimated 80,000 ☆ のところの文構造を教えて頂けませんか? 僕の考えでは倒置が起こっていると思うんですが合っているでしょうか?

• 英文訳してください

On the morning of that day,a big bomb fell on the city of Hiroshima. Many people lost their lives,and many others were injured. They had burns all over their bodies. I was very sad when l saw those people. It was a very hot day. Some of the people fell down near me. I said to them,"Come and rest in my shade.You'll be all right soon." お願いします(・・*)

• in it のあるなしの違い

New York City has more people in it than any other city in the United States of America with the population estimated at 8,274,527 people in 2007. 上記英文でin itがあるのとないのではどうちがうのでしょうか?つける理由は何なのでしょうか? http://answers.ask.com/Business/Finance/what_is_the_population_of_new_york_ny You have fifty students in your class. のin your classと同じ感じでしょうか? (You=先生として)

• どうか次の英文を訳してください。

何度か訳していただく質問をさせていただきましたが、これが最後になります。 最終、下記の英文がわからず残ってしまいました。 これで約550の例文の訳が終わりです。 (1) Do you have any interest whatever in going to a concert when you don't understand music? (2) What a child with to its parents, the dog is to he and my wife. (3) Happy is the person who meets the right friend at the right time. (4) The vices of others we keep before our eyes, our own behind our back. (5) She plays with him as a cat with a mouse. (6) You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all of the time. 各単語の意味は難しくないのですが、なかなか意訳できません。 宜しくお願いします。

• bear の意味はおろか、品詞も解りません。

以下に和訳をするのですが、 改行は原文通りです。 Archaerological sites, and encounters with early explorers all bear witness that First Nations people discovered and revered fossils long before others began searching for bones in Alberta's badland. all が何にかかっているのか、bear の意味、品詞が何か検討がつきません。 ご教示下さい。

• 【英文和訳】【ゲーム】かっこいいお姉さん

いい訳文思いついた方いたら書いてください。 the Forty Bladesについては出典のサイトに the prestigious order of the Forty Blades (the Forty Bladesの名声ある体制)と言う記述があるので 何かの組織だと思います。 【原文】 Myranda, Blademage Champion "Even though I resigned, my past with the Forty Blades has its perks. People know better than to mess with me." 【出典】 Duel of Champions / Ubisoft http://duelofchampions.gamepedia.com/Myranda,_Blademage_Champion

• 日本人男性が白人女性からモテる国

タイトルの通りです。 Maybe I think I can't get any good answers because the people in this website even haven't visited those countries such as Europe, or Russian, of course they don't have any experiences with white women so maybe they'll just answer from their strong imagination But its ok, answer.

• 小説からの英文です。

The house with a clock in its walls It wasn't a reasonable fear, considering the kind of man Jonathan was. But Lewis had not known him for very long time, and anyway, people are not always so reasonable. 小説は過去形で物語が進むものが多いと思いますが、最後の英文はなぜ現在形になっているのか教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• its human origins

本文中のits human originsは「人間が作り出した」と解答にはありますが、その訳になる経緯を説明できる方いらっしゃいますか?(答えでは、humanが「人間による」で、originsが「生まれ」とあります) Unfortunately, for the past century some humanists have been at odds with technologists, viewing technology as a harmful force beyond their control-all the more intolerable because of its human origins. This attitude is part of the humanist's traditional focus on the past and unwillingness to embrace either the art or technology of the present.

• 英語の比較の問題で困っています。

比較の問題で困っています。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 Q(  )に入れるのに最も適当なものを、それぞれ(1)~(4)のうちから1つ選びなさい。また、訳もしなさい。 1.This laptop computer has greater processing power (  ) of the same type. (1)of all the computers (2)with other computers (3)than any computers (4)than any other computer 2.The concert was so popular that (  ) fewer than 15,000 people came to see it. (1)any (2)no (3)over (4)those 3.New York City police say that (  ) 4.5 million people watched today's parade. (1)such many as (2)so much as (3)too many as (4)as many as