• ベストアンサー

この文章をみてください。

下の文章を書いてみたのですが、皆様にアドバイス頂きたくて質問しました。どれか一文でもいいので、文法ミス、より良い表現などありましたら教えてください。よろしくお願いいたします。 One of the areas which made a strongest impression on me is Mt. A in B. That day, my family left home from early morning and started climbing the mountain at nine. (1) I was enjoying seeing the beautiful nature and listening to birds singing. But, (2) the trail became more steep, so my legs felt like lead. I thought I wanted to turn around and go back home again and again. But, as soon as I managed to get to the top, a breathtaking view jumped to my eyes. I was greatly moved by it. I think climbing the mountain with difficulty made it more splendid. I'll never forget my happy feeling. (イメージした日本語)私が最も印象に残っている場所の一つにB(地名)にあるA山があります。その日、私の家族は、朝早く家を出て、9時には山に登り始めました。初めのうちは、美しい自然や鳥のさえずりを楽しんでいましたが、登っていくにつれて、道が険しくなってきて、私の足は棒のようになってしまいました。私は何度も、家に帰りたいと思いました。しかし、頂上にやっとたどり着いたとき、素晴らしい景色が目に飛び込んできました。私はとても感動しました。苦労して登ったことで、景色がより一層素晴らしいものになったのだと思います。私は決してそのときの気持ちを忘れないでしょう。 (1)は「初めのうちは」を、(2)は「登るにつれて」いう言葉を入れたかったのですが、わかりませんでした。最後の文は、「そのときの気持ち」を忠実に表したかったのですが、わかりませんでした。教えていただけると嬉しいです。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#5377
noname#5377
回答No.1

>私が最も印象に残っている場所の一つにB(地名)にあるA山があります。 What impressed me the most was Mt.T in B. >その日、私の家族は、朝早く家を出て、9時には山に登り始めました。 That day, we left a house in the wee hours of the morning and started climbing by nine. >初めのうちは、美しい自然や鳥のさえずりを楽しんでいましたが、登っていくにつれて、道が険しくなってきて、私の足は棒のようになってしまいました。 At first, I enjoyed the beauty of nature and listening to a bird singing, but the higher we climbed, the steeper trails(climb) we had to endure. My legs fell asleep on me. >私は何度も、家に帰りたいと思いました。 I felt I wanted to get back home many times. >しかし、頂上にやっとたどり着いたとき、 素晴らしい景色が目に飛び込んできました。 However, when I finally came out on top, I found myself surrounded by majestic views. >私はとても感動しました。 It really got to me. >苦労して登ったことで、景色がより 一層素晴らしいものになったのだと思います。 I guess I took pains to climb and appreciated the view more than ever before. >私は決してそのときの気持ちを忘れないでしょう。 I'll never forget this feeling I had.

ayakakaya
質問者

お礼

ご回答どうもありがとうございました!とても参考になりました。教えていただいた英語を参考にして、また書いてみます。本当にありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

前の方が良回答をなさっているので補足程度になってしまいますが・・・ 「初めのうちは、美しい自然や鳥のさえずりを楽しんでいましたが、登っていくにつれて、道が険しくなってきて、私の足は棒のようになってしまいました。」 At first, I enjoyed watching the beautiful landscape and listening to a bird singing.But the higher we climbed, the steeper trails we had to endure, the heavier I moved my foot. ちなみに言いますと、足が棒になるって表現は英語には無いかと思われますが、これは自信ありません。自信が無いのであまりお勧めできませんが… 「私は決してそのときの気持ちを忘れないでしょう。」 I can't forget that impression ever since, and through my life I never do. 「そのときからそして生涯・・・」と表現しました。 これでどうでしょうか?

ayakakaya
質問者

お礼

• Ronda
  • ベストアンサー率25% (259/1025)
回答No.2

[which made a strongest impression on me]→[which remains in the best impression for me] [is Mt. A in B]→[is Mt. A at B] [left home from early morning]→[left home in early morning] (1)→[at first] (2)→[the trail was becoming steep as a summit is approached.] [so my legs felt like lead]→[so I felt my legs like lead] [I thought I wanted to turn around and go back home again and again]→[I thought repeatedly that I wanted to back home ] [But, as soon as I managed to get to the top]→[I managed to get to the top. But as soon as I arrived there ] [I was greatly moved by it.]→[I was greatly impressed by it.] ※正解ではないかもしれませんが、より近づくと思います。

ayakakaya
質問者

お礼

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) I took the fist turn to the right at the Medical Records Dept. and made my way along the corridor, but it came to a dead end, so I turned around and headed toward the entrance. But I was so frightened and it was so smoky that I got lost. I remember turning to the right somewhere and getting to the door of some room,but I have no idea where I was. I sat down in front of the door and desperately called out for help again and again. Finally a man heard me. He came over to help me, took me by the hand and led me to the entrance.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I tried again. I put out my foot and made a wild jerking stab with the chalk which produced a very crooked line and nothing more. Mother held the slate steady for me."Try again, Chris," she whispered in my ear. "Again." I did. I stiffened my body and put my left foot out again, for the third time. I drew one side of the letter. I drew half the other side. Then the stick of chalk broke end I was left with a stump. I wanted to fling it away and give up. Then I felt my mother's hand on my shoulder. I tried once more. Out went my foot. I shook, I sweated and strained my muscle. But-I drew it-the letter "A". There it was on the floor before me. Shaky, with awkward, wobbly sides and a very uneven center line. But it was the letter "A." I looked up. I saw my mothers face for a moment, tears on her cheeks. Then my father stooped and hoisted me onto his shoulder. That one letter, scrawled on the floor with a broken bit of yellow chalk gripped between my toes, was my road to a new world, my key to mental freedom.

• 英語でどういう言い方すればいいですか?

英語で、「ライブラリーで4時まで勉強していて、それから帰るつもりだったが、帰りに歩いている途中で友達に会ってしまい、無理やり誘われて、映画に行くはめになった。それでもすぐに帰りたかったから、映画の途中で帰ってきた」と口語で(フレンドリーな感じで)いいたいんです。 i was studying till four at the library, and i was going home after that, but i saw my friend on my way to home, and i had to go to the movie. but i still didn't want to watch the movie, i went home during the movie. これでいいのでしょうか? どこを正せばよいでしょうか?教えてください。

• 途中の文章がイマイチ読み取れず、返信に困ってます。

途中の文章がイマイチ読み取れず、返信に困ってます。 日本人はそんなに簡単じゃない旨と、私達はdating期間なのか?と問いかけましかま何とか理解した範囲だと、随分曖昧な表現で、友達としての好意なのか不明です。 出来ましたら、和訳して頂けると幸 いです。 I truly enjoyed meeting you and being able to talk to you. I think you are a wonderful woman and would love to know you more. I like you very much, you are very nice and sincere.. It was nice being able to know each other more...and I think it was nice that we are able to share wonderful moments together. Please don't worry much about it. Thing's comes naturally. Hope to meet you again someday and please let me know when you can come again. Please keep in touch and take care.

• 英語の歌詞

Looking into your eyes my why's are answered I become inspired in your words and my home is on your skin What tender love, my devotion, you came to be my religion My sweet emotion I regret nothing It was worth it, what was necessary to be with you, my love You are a blessing The hours and the life by your side, nena Are there to be lived but by your way At a good time Because it was worth it, it was worth it... I see you and I convince myself that you had to arrive After the storm I can anchor myself on your bosom here And be more myself, again myself, and my illusion for a flag And see whether I love you, that for love I give myself ある歌の歌詞です。 意味が良く分かりません。 別れの歌ですか? ご回答お願いします!

• ほぼ同じ意味の文章になるようにしてください!!

1. I had lunch before I went out. I went out [ ] I had lunch. 2. This is a bag which was made by my sister. This is a bag [ ] [ ] my sister. 3. Is that the girl ? You were talking about her. Is that the girl [ ] [ ] talking [ ]. 4. I went to a bookstore and bought his book. I went to a bookstore [ ]buy his book. [ ]の中に入る単語は何ですか?全然分かりません!!  誰か教えてください!

• この文章を訳したいんですが、どうにも訳せません。

下記の文章を訳したいのですが、どう表現してよいのかわかりません。 どなたかお知恵をよろしくお願いします。 You, beneath the bed. I know all your tricks. I’ve seen you watching. I’ve seen you drifting away. I’ve seen you floating along. I’ve seen you disappear. Now, there ain’t a cloud in sight. And through the snow and the branches, I can count all your teeth. Yeah, I can count all your teeth. Now the bed’s on fire and the ceiling’s gone. And your mom and dad still sing the some old song. Don’t scare me off now; I’m your only friend. Don’t scare me off now; I’m your only friend. But now you’re drifting away. Now you’re floating along. And soon you’ll disappear. I closed my eyes and saw my father’s sins. They covered me like a second skin. I peeled them off and, sure, I bled a bit. But now I’m free to sink my own damned ship. I cut my branch down from my family tree, to start a fire in the living room. Now the house is just ash. This time it’s sink or swim. Let the river in. If blood is thicker than water, then let the river in. We might drift a ways, but we’ve got thick shin. Let the river in. If blood is thicker than water, then let the river in. We might drift a ways, but we’ll find our way again. I was born when they took my name; When the world turned wicked; when I joined their game. But I turned and fought them, like you always know I’d do. I sat and dreamed at the foot of your bed. You split my skull and reached inside my head. And pulled out the pictures I’d been wishing I’d forget. And you stiched me up then, and wiped the blood from off my chin. Now I sit on the rooftop’s edge. The muddy street beneath my swollen head. Trying to forget you. To believe we’d never met. And the sky is wrecked; full of rotting clouds. From chimney mouths spewing smoke around. And I can’t stop coughing. My lungs just won’t calm down. But still I keep grinning as the blood from my face stains the ground. And bird, caught in the wires, bleating for help I can’t provide; I’m not that big. I hope for the best, but nothing changes. I’m sorry. But I was blessed with had eyes. There’s a lot that I miss, but I don’t mind. I’m not that old. I’ll find out what broke me soon enough.

• 和訳お願いします。

Forty years ago I was a Marine returning from the war in Vietnam. I returned having been badly wounded in the chest and both legs. I tried to find solace in my scars but could not. I had abandoned my buddies only to come home to unchartered waters. Soon I found myself more terrified in peace than I was in war. 最後から2つ目の文章の意味がわかりません。教えて頂けませんか。

• 文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 And by the time that I finally did have that conversation with my parents, I remember being so shameful, I felt embarrassed, like I was a burden. I remember I didn't want my mum to look at me when I told her. It wasn't until my mum was able to I guess reassure me and tell me everything would be okay and give me a hug. It wasn't until my mum was able to I guess reassure me and tell me everything would be okay and give me a hug.の理解が難しいです。 I guess が挿入されていて、 It wasn't until my mum was able to (I guess)reassure me and tell me everything would be okay and give me a hug. の形であると分かるのですが、 it wasn’t until…をここでどのように理解すれば良いのか分からないです。itはここではなんなのでしょうか? 漠然とした状況のitかな?と考えましたが自信がないです。 「当時は、わたしのお母さんが、わたしを安心させてくれたり、大丈夫だからねと言ってくれたり、ハグしてくれたりできるところまでではなかったように思います。」

• The Oval Portraitからの質問です。

Long, long I read-- and devoutly, devotedly I gazed. Rapidly and gloriously the hours flew by and the deep midnight came. The position of the candelabrum displeased me, and outreaching my hand with difficulty, rather than disturb my slumbering valet, I placed it so as to throw its rays more fully upon the book. But the action produced an effect altogether unanticipated. The rays of the numerous candles (for there were many) now fell within a niche of the room which had hitherto been thrown into deep shade by one of the bedposts. I thus saw in vivid light a picture all unnoticed before. It was the portrait of a young girl just ripening into womanhood. I glanced at the painting hurriedly, and then closed my eyes. Why I did this was not at first apparent even to my own perception. But while my lids remained thus shut, I ran over in my mind my reason for so shutting them. It was an impulsive movement to gain time for thought-- to make sure that my vision had not deceived me-- to calm and subdue my fancy for a more sober and more certain gaze. In a very few moments I again looked fixedly at the painting. Edgar Allan PoeのThe Oval Portraitからの英文なのですが、 最後の個所でわからないところがあるので教えてください。 It was an impulsive movement to gain time for thought-- to make sure that my vision had not deceived me-- to calm and subdue my fancy for a more sober and more certain gaze. 構造的には It は以下の3つを受けているのでしょうか?(~することは衝動的な行動だった) to gain time for thought、 to make sure that my vision had not deceived me to calm and subdue my fancy for a more sober and more certain gaze それとも2つ目と3つ目のto不定詞は副詞用法(~のために)ですか? It was an impulsive movement~certain gazeは、どのように訳すのでしょうか? すみません、教えてください。