• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:翻訳でわからないところお願い致します。)

Geri's Famous Midriff and Uncertain Sing-by Date

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Geri, a former member of the Spice Girls who debuted as a solo artist after Victoria, is known more for her shrinking midriff than her singing abilities.
  • However, if the girls are not careful, they may find their time to shine fading away faster than they expected.
  • In the context of this sentence, 'sing-by date' refers to the point in time when their singing careers may no longer be as successful as they once were.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

こんにちは。 まず、midriffですが、この場合は「胴回り」のことです。 イギリスのゴシップニュースの大半は、だれそれが痩せた太ったという ような記事で一杯ですが、この場合はdecreasing midriffといって いるので、縮小しつつある胴回り(つまり痩せた)という理解でよいと 思います。逆にセレブが太ったりすると、expanding midriff and butt(膨張しつつあるお腹とお尻)などとメチャクチャ書かれます。 それからsing-by dateは、先の回答者様がおっしゃっているように、 「歌手として売れる時期」という感じだと思います。食品なんかには sell-by dateというものがついていて、お店はその日までに売って しまわないといけないんですが、それとかけているんでしょうね。 最初から訳していくと、次のようになります。 Geri (who has the highest profile after Victoria) is ヴィクトリアに次いで高い名声を誇るGeriは、 more famous for her ever decreasing midriff than she is [famous] for anything ([that] she has actually sung) 彼女が実際に歌ったどんな歌よりも、どんどん細くなりつつある胴回りの おかげで有名である。 and if they are not careful そして、彼女達が注意深くなければ、 the girls will find their sing-by date has crept up faster than they were expecting. 予想以上のスピードで歌手としての消費期限がひそかに迫っていたことに気づく 羽目になるだろう。 つまり、彼女達は歌以外の部分で有名なので、うっかりしていると歌手としての 消費期限がいつの間にか終っちゃったということにもなりかねない、という意味 だと思います。

arigato0
質問者

お礼

こんにちは。ありがとうございます。イギリスのセレブは本当に少し太るとめちゃくちゃ書かれるみたいですね。 sell-by-date,今思い出しました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

sing-by date は、はっきり断言はできませんが、「(歌手としての) 盛り、絶頂期」 といった意味で用いられているのではあるまいか、という気がします。 それから、midriff ですが、これも想像ですが、衣装の一種ではないかと思います。意外なことに、ヒントはネットの国語辞典で見つかりました。正確には bare midriff の定義ですが、  みぞおちの意》短い丈のタンクトップやTシャツなどで、腹部が露出しているような大胆なトップのこと。 とありました。  → http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/jn2/197912/m0u/%E3%81%B9/ ですから、her ever decreasing midriff than she is for anything she has actually sung という部分は、「彼女が実際に何を歌ったかではなくて、どんどん露出が大きくなる衣装で・・・」 という意味ではないでしょうか。 以上の解釈がそれほど間違っていないとすると、おおむね以下のような内容の文なのではないかと思います。  「ジェリは、ヴィクトリアに次ぐ人気を誇っていたが、それは歌よりも、その露出気味の衣装に注目が集まっているのであり、うっかりしていると、彼女らの盛りの時期は、予想以上に早く終わってしまうかもしれない」

arigato0
質問者

お礼

回答&URLありがとうございました。とても参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Japan Is Giving Away Abandoned Houses for Free There are more than eight million vacant properties littered throughout Japan—and they're going dirt cheap.

• 翻訳お願い致します。

良く解らないです、翻訳お願いいたします。 Hi there could you please contact our warehouse again on 0182570015 ask for Kerry she still has not received the labels for the collection. her email is k****@cdllogistics.com Many thanks in advance for your help.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

I have spoken with somebody who works with Scott Weiland’s management, and they denied that Weiland has been fired by Stone Temple Pilots. Slash claimed yesterday that STP fired Weiland, which is why he is campaigning for a Velvet Revolver reunion in the press. ※ 「Scott Weiland」と「Slash」は人物名であり、「Stone Temple Pilots(STP)」と「Velvet Revolver」はバンド名です。

• 関係代名詞whose+名詞+SV

お願いします。 適語を選ぶ問題です。 She is a famous singer ( ) songs many people sing. 1. who 2. whose 3. whom 4. that ( )の直後が名詞なので、whoseだと思ったのですが、 そのうしろにSVが続くのがわかりません。 She is a famous singer whose songs are sung by many people. という形ならすぐわかるのですが…。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Sarah sanders is complaining that the medias biased against this administration. They are hostile to him because he's a dangerous asshole. Not because of anything else. Sanders says it's not fair. She been called a liar - She has lied - If the people are hostile to you then there's probably a reason. They wouldn't act this way towards a real president. They never have. This guy is a dangerous malignant senile racist women hating narcissist - And the press is treating him that way. If they weren't we'd be in big trouble. They want to be able to lie and be racist horrible people. And they don't want anyone quoting their lies back to them. That's unfair!!

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Robert was also full of praise for his new bandmate, telling Pop-Break.com, "Chester is an amazing human being. "Coming in, we knew we wanted to do this right and sing our songs the way they were supposed to be sung and move forward as a band. "LINKIN PARK will always be his first priority and we respect that. "The guys in LINKIN PARK have been amazing with all this. "Everyone likes to be surrounded by amazing people. We have a great management team, everyone's excited and working hard. We've got a lot of work to do. "There's people out there that really don't like the fact Scott isn't in the band. We have to go out there and prove ourselves. Our goal is to play the best set of songs we can play and really make that count."

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

I'm like Albert Schweitzer and Bertrand Russell and Albert Einstein in that I have a respect for life - in any form. I believe in nature, in the birds, the sea, the sky, in everything I can see or that there is real evidence for. If these things are what you mean by God, then I believe in God.

• 翻訳お願いします

/English is considered to be not just useful, but even necessary for a good future career. /The need for English has been increased by a desire to access the latest information around the world more directly through English,rather than through French.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Steve Stewart, who managed STP from their early days up until 2000, remembers, “I shopped that tape for the first record deal. It's true, the band's sound was much more ‘LA funk’ than what came out on Core in 1992. Except for Where The River Goes. The demo version of that track (which is on the cassette) is one of my favorite STP songs. Thick and tasty – I think it sounds better than the album version on Core, but it's pretty much unchanged.” By late 1990/early 1991 STP began to form the signature sound they would later have on Core, recording demos of Wicked Garden, Naked Sunday, Piece of Pie, and Only Dying. Crackerman was also written during this time period. The full demo tape featured these songs along with some of STP's funkier numbers like “Dirty Dog” and “Scary Area.” During the band's early days, they relentlessly played the club scene, Steve Stewart says they played “pretty much every club in southern California. Raji's, The Shamrock, the Golden Bear – all the Hollywood and O.C. venues.” They also opened for bands like the Rollins Band, Ice T, and Soul Asylum.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The new GOP health bill only has 20% approval - but they are going to move heaven and earth to get that thing passed. I don't understand the pride of men. This is going to get people killed. There is no place for politics or pride in health care. This is a criminal undertaking and someday these guys will all have to answer for it. We need to tattoo this onto the foreheads of all who voted for it - this kind of cruelty should not be forgotten.