• ベストアンサー

翻訳のわからないところお願いします。

She was great with the younger contestants too, and she wasn't afraid to give them a hug when it all got too much. の文の"when it all got too much"はどのように解釈すべきですか? She は歌のコンテストの審査員です。 よろしくおねがいします。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.5

プロとして訳す場合には、あの手この手で背景を調べて、裏をとったうえで訳したほうがいい表現ですが、直感的に言えば、younger contestants が“感極まった”時、平たく言えば(受かったり落ちたり緊張したりして)泣きそうになった時でしょう。ちなみに、このhugは「挨拶のハグ」ではなく「抱きしめる」です。 有名人が舞台で人をハグするなんて当たり前と思うかもしれませんが、実際には、目の前で素人の若い子に泣かれそうになったら、わざわざ歩み寄ってギュッとなるのには勇気がいると思います。たぶん、簡単には離れてくれないでしょうしね。

arigato0
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。ITはコンテスタントの感情ということですね。 他にも回答くださった方にこの場を借りてお礼いたします。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (4)

noname#145074
noname#145074
回答No.4

#3です。今回は手を引きます。他の方の回答のほうがやはり正しいです。いい訳ですがその訳も考えたのですが、"be too much"の"be動詞"でないところにこだわってしまいました。I'm sorry.

noname#145074
noname#145074
回答No.3

普通は"That's too much."「そりゃあんまりだ。ひどすぎる。」などと悪いイメージのフレーズなんですが、ここでは、いい意味の名詞形です。次の「すごいもの;見事なもの」などいろいろ訳せるでしょう。 【ランダム英和】 too much (of a good thing)/too much [or many, hard] (人にとって)たまらない,かなわない,あんまりである{for…};すごい,見事だ,抜群だ That was really too much (of a good thing). あれはあんまりだった,ひどすぎた He is too much [or many] for me. 彼にはとてもかなわない. 原文:She was great with the younger contestants too, and she wasn't afraid to give them a hug when it all got too much. ●訳「彼女は、出場者の扱いも上手だった。彼女は物怖じすることなく出場者をハグしてやった。そのハグはすべて見事なものだった。」

• cincinnati
  • ベストアンサー率46% (606/1293)
回答No.2

>she wasn't afraid to give them a hug when it all got too much. 手余るような嫌なことになっていても、彼らを抱きしめることを厭いませんでした。 何か嫌なことに遭遇したときに、声に出したり、あるいは心の内で、too muchという言葉が浮かんでくると思います。 it got too much. 従いまして直訳すれば「それが嫌なことになってしまった」ということで、allはそれをさらに強調しているので、「全く」などと訳すと良いのではないかと思います。

• inopy7426
  • ベストアンサー率57% (143/247)
回答No.1

・彼女は若い参加者にも素晴らしかった。彼女は全くやり過ぎのときでさえ、恐れずに彼らを抱き締めた。 ・it=the hug だと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳

When she got it back,she could not believe it was hers. 翻訳してください。

• 翻訳お願いします。

翻訳お願いします。 アメリカ人の方からのメールの一部ですが上手く翻訳できずに困ってます。 メール相手の兄がミュージシャンだという話の後に、 It sucked because i wanted to learn to play the drums growing up and my dad wouldn't get them for me. He said my brother Todd made too much noise with them and he wasn't going to let me do it. suckedがむかついたって意味だと思うので、適当に解釈して返事するのも怖いので、どなたか翻訳をお願いします。 一応以下、自力翻訳。。。 俺もドラムを習いたかったのに親父がさせてくれなかったからむかついたよ。 親父は「トッド(兄)はドラムで素晴らしい音楽をつくる」と言って、俺には(ドラムを)させるつもりもなかったんだ。 それと話は変わって、スリをして逃げた女性を捕まえた話で She was trying to bite us and shit! は、「彼女は俺たちを噛もうとしてきたんだ、ちくしょう!」ってことですよね? まさか、まさかとは思いますが、and shit!が本来の意味で「彼女は俺たちを噛もうとしたし、糞も漏らしやっがた!」ってことじゃないですよね? できればこちらもよろしくお願いします。。。

• 翻訳お願いします。

海外の友達からもらったメールで、 どうしても訳せない文がありまして、翻訳と簡単な 解説をしてもらえるとありがたいです。 I've seen, the tears falling, for the pain of seeking the truth was getting too much. 前半の、涙をこぼすのを見たというのはわかるのですが、 後半の、for the pain of seeking the truth was getting too muchが わからないです。 pain of seeking で1かたまりなのか、 seeking the truthで1かたまりなのか、、 when nothing is left, to help me go on, God, is quietly there to see me cry. これも訳して欲しいのですが、こちらの文は見当もつきません。 よろしくお願いします。

• この文の形は定形なのでしょうか

It wasn't so much what she said that annoyed me - it was her tone. 訳は「私をいらいらさせたのは彼女の言った内容ではなく、彼女のトーンだった。」でいいでしょうか?It wasn't so much what she said that annoyed meこの文の形は定形なのでしょうか?辞書にはないようでした。よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします

Margie even wrote about it that night in her diary. On the page headed May 17 , 2155 , she wrote , “Today tommy found a real book..” It was a very old book. Margie's grandfather had heard about books like it When he was a little boy. He once said his grandfather had told them that there was a time when all stories were printed on paper. They turned the pages , which were yellow. It was very funny to read the word. They stood still, instead of moving the way they were supposed to - on a screen , you know. And then , when they turned back to the page before , it had the same words on it. It was just the same as it had been when they read it the first time. “Oh,” said Tommy. “What a waste!” When you're through with the book , you just throw it away , I guess. Our television screen must have had a million books on it , and it's good for many more. “Same with mine ,” said Margie. She was 11 and hadn't seen as many telebooks as Tommy had. He was 13. She said , “Where did you find it?” “In my house.” He pointed without looking , because he was busy reading. “In the attic.” “What's it about?” “School.”

• 翻訳お願いします

She always had to write them our in a punch code they made her learn when she was six years old.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

“I had so much fun. I actually still get to play with those guys every once in awhile, I have a deep deep love. The only reason why I’m not doing it now is my kids, they would cry every time I would go on the road with STP. When I leave on tour with Linkin Park, they’re like, ‘Okay, we’ll see you when you get back.’ They understand what I’m doing, but when I would leave with STP they would cry. I started realizing, I think they thought I was choosing to do that over being at home with them, because I would be done with Linkin Park and coming home. It was just too hard on my family, so I basically was like, you know what, I’ve got to stop being selfish here. When I’m not doing Linkin Park, I’ve got to be home with my babies.”

• 翻訳お願いします

So she said to Tommy , "Why would anyone write about school?" Tommy looked at her. “Because it's not our kind of school , stupid. This is the old kind of school that they had hundreds of years ago. He added , saying the word carefully , “Centuries ago.” Margie was hurt. “Well , I don't know what kind of school they had all that time ago.” She read the book over his shoulder for a while. Then she said , "Anyway , they had a teacher." “Sure they had a teacher , but it wasn't a regular teacher. It was a man” “A man? How could a man be a teacher?” “Well , he just told the boys and girls things. He gave them homework and asked them questions.” “A man isn't smart enough.” “Sure he is. My father knows as much as my teacher.” “He can't. A man can't know as much as a teacher.” “He knows almost as much , I'm sure.” Margie wasn't prepared to argue. She said , "I wouldn't want a strange man in my house to teach me." Tommy laughed. “You don't know much , Margie. The teachers didn't live in the house. They had a special building , and all the kids went there.” “And all the kids learned the same thing?” “Sure , if they were the same age.” “But my mother says a teacher has to be adjusted to fit the mind of each boy and girl it teaches. Each kid has to be taught in different ways.” “Just the same , they didn't do it that way then. If you don't like it , you don't have to read the book.” “I don't say I don't like it , ” Margie said quickly. She wented to read about those funny schools. They weren't even half finished when Margie's mother called , “Margie! School!” Margie looked up. “Not yet , Mama.” “Now,” said Mrs. Jones. “And it's probably time for Tommy , too” Margie said to Tommy , “Can I read the book some more with you after school?” “Maybe,”he said. He walked away whistling , the book under his arm.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

"And it also pisses me off because he's put STONE TEMPLE PILOTS through so much shit over the years, and put us through shit too when we were working with him. In 2008, that was all over with, so at this point, when he starts coming up with this stuff, it's like, whatever." ※ 『STONE TEMPLE PILOTS』はバンド名です。

• フランス語に翻訳をしてほしいです。

フランス語を勉強する上で参考にしたいのでコレらの英文をフランス語にしてほしいです。 The apple is red. The apple is not red. Is the apple red? The apple was red. The apple will be red. It is John’s apple. It is not John's apple. Is it John's apple? It was John's apple. It will be John's apple. I give John the apple. I gave John the apple. Do you give John the apple? I gave John the apple I will give John the apple? We want to give him the apple. We do not want to give him the apple. Do they give him the apple? We gave him the apple. We will give him the apple. She gives it to him. She does not give it to him. Does she give it to him? She gave it to him. She will give it to him