• ベストアンサー

have had...

"Luckily, if the worst-case were to happen, Teresa would still have the love and support of her co-stars - even though the women have had their differences over the years." ここにあるeven though the women have had their differencesの意味を教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.2

3つの節からなっている文で(仮定法的な意味合いで)見かけ上過去形動詞も使われていますすが、全体では「現在」を論じていることを押さえて下さい。 (even though) the women have had their differences over the years の部分は「これまで彼女達はそれぞれに(性格の違いとかでしょうか)相違点を抱えて来た (にもかかわらず)」と述べています。 the women have their differences over the years 「彼女達はそれぞれの相違点を抱えている (にもかかわらず)」という単純現在と比べると、現在完了にすることで「これまでずっと長い間そういう相違点を抱えて来た 」という歴史を述べています。「それにもかかわらず別れたりせずいまだに」競演スター達の愛や支持を保っている、と前の節につながっていきます。 現在形を現在完了にするだけでこれだけ意味合いが違って来る、これが英語の面白さですね。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

「(さいわい、) 今まで意見の相違がありはしたものの(最悪の事態が起こっても、テレサには共演者の愛と支持がまだある)」     過去の何年かにわたってこの女たち(=共演者)は(お互いの間に意見の)違いがあった(have + had は、現在完了の形で「経験」を表していると思います)けれども、    テレサには、まだ好意を持ち、サポーする気持ちはまだ残っていた、ということではないかと思います。

関連するQ&A

• メールでわからない文章があったので、教えてください。

以下の文なのですが、彼女の姉は赤ちゃんが生まれるかと思って病院に行ったという認識でよいでしょうか? もし違う意味で病院にいっているのだとしたら、大変失礼になってしまうので、以下の文がどのようなものか教えて頂けますでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 my girlfriends sister went to the hospital because she thought the baby was coming. It would have been too early though. Luckily it didn't happen though. So me, my girlfriend and her parents went to visit in the hospital.

• Would that he had.の意味は?

ある本を今読んでいますが、その中で分からない部分があります。 He took away his son, and that was the last XXX had heard of JJJ, even though, in the years following,he made a number of his own discreet inquiries to try to determine what had happened. Finally word came that the boy had died. Sitting across from him, XXX couldn't help thinking, Would that he had. The buzzing in XXX's ears, ......... XXXとJJJは人の名前です。 "Would that he had." は斜体フォントになっています。 質問は次の三つです。 1."Would that he had."の解釈。 2.何故、"Would"がここで大文字のWになっているのか。 3.何故、"Would that he had."が斜体フォントになっているのか。 難しいと思いますが、よろしくお願い致します。

• ”ダィモレイション”と聞こえるんですがスペルがわかりません

ある俳優のインタビューファイルを聞いています。 このインタビューの数年前に、主演ドラマで人気を得、そのときに出したレコードが大ヒットしたときのことを、少し否定的な調子で話しているところです。 ... It doesn't happen like that. I have nothing (ダィモレイション)for singers, for groups people who work for years and years and years that their craft before they had recognition. It so happened because of (ドラマのタイトル). ... こんな感じに聞こえるんですが、(すみません、違っているかも) ダィモレイションのスペルがわかりません。 わかりにくい質問ですみません。 どうかよろしくお願いします。

• make it on their own

I dated "Carol" for more than eight years. I loved her and wanted to marry her. The problem was her children (now aged 37 and 42), who have not grown up to be mature adults. Carol knew from the beginning that if we ever broke up, it would be because of them. I spent every weekend with her. The kids had a tendency to go through my personal belongings when we were on a date and when we slept. I had to hide my checkbook, wallet, truck and house keys. Her kids still live there and put forth zero effort to make it on their own. make it on their ownは「自立する」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳してください

I love to help out when we have to get ready for school activities. My French Teacher told me that I passed the test. My Algebra test went well too. I also had a test in Housing Class. Even though they were tests. I still had fun today How was your day? この英文を訳してください! よろしくお願いします!!

• 英文 解釈

「Even when their child is the dirtiest little animal you have ever seen, they still think that he or she is wonderful.」 という文章の解釈がわかりません。教えてください。

• よろしくお願いします

I am a retired male. My girlfriend is still working. We have been exclusive for three years. We live 300 miles apart, but see each other every two or three weeks for at least three days and, until now, have had a very good relationship. The problem is, she's saying she wants to socialize with her ex-husband, who lives in her town. They have been divorced for eight years, but she wants to see him occasionally in a social setting, not just when it pertains to their two adult children, who live out of state. 1 We have been exclusiveというのは、「二人以外とは誰も付き合っていない」ということでしょうか? 2 every two or three weeks for at least three daysは「2、3週間に少なくとも3日」ということでしょうか? 3 not just when it pertains to their two adult childrenの訳を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• 大学受験レベルの英文で構文が取れない文についての質問

「英文解釈の技術100」のp118の英語の文について教えていただきたいことがあります。 ============================== She taught second grade at the Haley Elementary School, moving to third grade the years Jacey and I would have been her pupils. 訳)ヘイリー小学校で第2学年の担任であったが、ジェイシーと私が生徒になったであろう年には、第3学年に移ったのだった。 ============================ 解説によると She taught~の部分は主節 moving to therd grade は分詞構文で but she moved to therd gradeが変形前の文なので副詞節 if she had still taught second gradeが省略 the years~は従属節で [the years (when) Jacey and I would have been her pupils.] となっています。 ここからが質問なのですが、 主節は完結していて、分詞構文の中も完結しているように見えて このthe yearsの文の中での役割がわかりません。 どなたか、教えていただけないでしょうか

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

英文の解説をお願いします。 There are four security positions still listed as open, even though they have already been filled. 訳 すでに空きがないにも関わらず、セキュリティ関連の4つのポジションが募集中として掲載されています。 この英文でopenは名詞でしょうか。 名詞でないならasはどういう使い方なのでしょう。 よろしくお願いします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I’ve been married to a wonderful woman, “Jane,” for 12 years. This is a second marriage for both of us, and our children are grown and on their own. We have arranged our money so that we have joint accounts, which cover expenses, savings, and investments, but we also have personal accounts that we’re free to use as we please. Even though Jane makes good money, she is frugal and her hobbies aren’t that expensive. I make a little more than her but have some expensive hobbies, so I do not have anywhere near the ready cash she does. anywhere near the ready cash she doesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします