• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:英文の内容を教えてください。<神道の行事>)

Preparing an Event for Warding Off Evil or Misfortune

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 神道の行事についての文章が修正されました。
  • 修正の意味を教えてください。
  • 文章は大祓と茅の輪について説明しています。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

「大祓」 は 「穢れを祓う」 ものですね。 Demythologizing は下記の辞書に To rid of mythological elements in order to discover the underlying meaning とありますが、「神話的な要素を取り除いてその本質に迫ること」 であって、つまりは de + mythology ですから 「非神話化」 あるいは 「脱神話化」 ということです。   → http://www.thefreedictionary.com/demythologizing 一方、添削者が示した ward off は、同じ上記の辞書で見ると to try to keep away someone or something that would hurt you とあります。「害になるものを遠ざけること」 で、なるほど 「祓う」 という語の感じに近いと思います。  → http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/ward+off そして、改めて添削者のコメントを見ると、 > "Demythologizing" means interpreting miraculous events as symbolic, not literal.  "Demythologizing" は、奇跡をシンボル的なものとみなして、本当にそういうことが起ったわけではないという解釈の態度のことを意味する語です ということなので、「なるほど」 と私は思いましたが、いかがでしょうか。

sasha_88
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなりました。 親切で丁寧なご回答を有難うございました♪

sasha_88
質問者

補足

詳しくわかりやすい説明とリンクをありがとうございます。 なるほど~。"Demythologize"の意味を、確実に間違えて使っていましたね。 自分の怪しい英語力では、本文での「大祓」の説明についても、この添削をしてくれたアメリカ人にどこまで正しく伝わったか甚だ疑問です・・・。 "Purifying ourselves from the sins"とか、"Removing evil or misfortune"などの表現の方が、単語の選択としては適切だったのか?自分の能力では判断がつきません(;_:)

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文を添削してください!

ある映画の話です。 「ハンターたちはお金や名誉のためではなく、自分の信念のために戦う。これは最高の(優れた)アクション映画でもあり、人間ドラマでもある」 Hunters does not fight for money or honor, but fights for his own beliefs. This is an excellent action movie and also a human drama. こちらの文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• どうしても訳せない英文があるので助けてください。

In a good sense, the grammar proposed by the linguist is an explanatory theory; これは「良い意味で、言語学者が提案している文法は説明的理論である。」で大丈夫でしょうか? それに続く文で、 it suggests an explanation for the fact that (under the idealization mentioned) a speaker of the language in question will perceive, interpret, form, or use an utterance in certain ways and not in other ways. これがどういう訳になるでしょうか・・・お願いします。

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英文添削をお願いします。 28th September ‘10 I considered to make good use of an unused ground today. This work is enjoyable for me, but I think whether it is necessary for our project or not. And I have a question whether all of my bosses have same aim or not. I think it’s not important for me whether the plan will be used or not, it’s important to make my bosses understand my aim. But I am worried whether it makes them change their though or not.

• 目上の人への英文メールの書き方を教えて!

ある取引先会社の副社長に英文メールで書類の確認の依頼をしましたが返事が来ません。催促のメールを出したいく、書いてみたのですがおかしいところがあると思うので添削してください。 Dear Vice President LASTNAME Thank you for your cooperation. Please let me know the present situation. Is there any difficulty in interpreting information? Please let us know if you have questions or need additional information Best Regard, FULL NAME, COMPANY NAME. 書きたい内容は・・・以下に 御世話になります。 現在の状況を教えて下さい。 以前送ったメール問題ありませんか? 質問かさらなる情報の提供が必要でしたら連絡お願いします。 と言った感じです。

• 英文を訳してください

下記の英文を直訳でお願いします。 The second is often said to be a main reason for British humour’s failure to translate and remain funny to other cultures. 参考までに、上記の英語の直前の英文が下記のとおりです。 A simple joke made famous by the English comédianTommy Cooper tells us a lot about what compríses much British humour, absurd or otherwise:/ ‘I walked into a bar…I said ‘Ouch!’ It was an iron bar.’ This gag relies on two things for its effect: reversal of expectation, for it is not the expected saloon bar but a metal bar that the speaker encounters,            and self-deprecation, which means we laugh at the speaker’s misfortune. The first quality involves irony.

• 英文解釈について

During the Age of Silence, people communicated more, not less. Basic survival demanded that the hands were almost never still, and so it was only during sleep that people were not saying something. No distinction was made between the gestures of language and the gestures of life. The labor of building a house, say, or preparing a meal was no less an expression than making the sign for I love you or I feel serious. When a hand was used to shield one’s face when frightened by a loud noise something was being said; and when fingers were used to pick up what someone else had dropped something was being said; and even when the hands were at rest, that, too, was saying something. (質問1) 第2パラグラフのThe labor of a building, say, or preparing a meal...ですが、このsayというのは「例えば」と訳すのだと思いますが、普通Can you play a wind instrument, say, a flute?というふうにa wind instrumentの具体例=a fluteという並びになるとい思います。しかしここでは(the labor of) building a houseの具体例がpreparing a mealではなく、恐らくthe gestures of lifeの具体例がbuilding~とpreparing~だと思うのですが正しいでしょうか?さらにこういう使い方(全文の具体例を次の文に持ってくる)のはよく有ることでしょうか?さらに例文があれば紹介していただきたいです。 (あと2~3個質問があるのですが入りきらないので次にします

• 至急!この英文を訳してほしいです。

どこかおかしいところはありますか? 添削お願いします。 よろしくお願いします。 Does anyone think it was an accident that Nike set up shop in human rights sinkholes,where labor organizing was viewed as a criminal activity and places on assembly lines and work for next to nothing. 誰もがそれはナイキの労働組織が組立ライン上の犯罪行為や場所と見ると何もの隣のために働くした人権陥没穴に店を構える事故だったと思う。

• 週間stの英文です。

週間stの英文です。 文のつながりが分からないので、教えてください。 Celebrations to mark the 1300th anniversary of the founding of Nara's ancient capital of Heijokyo kicked off April 24, the official start of an event officials hope will attract 2.5 million visitors to the historical site, especially restored for the event, and up to 12 million visitors to the prefecture over the span of the next year. 文が長すぎて、どこがどう繋がっているのか分からなくなってしまいました。 文の構造等も教えて頂きたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文について

You should study the terms below and be ready to provide a short paragraph(3-4 sentences), which provides two key pieces of information: 1. Identify and describe what the term was. 2. Explain the historical significance of the term. Usually, students find part, the identification and description easier. For this first part, you must explain who a person was, or describe what happened during an event, or what a concept means. It usually helps to also indicate when the person lived, event took place, or concept was relevant. However, the most important part of the answer to an ID term is the historical significance of it: Why the person, event, or concept was important for our study of the past. As you study ID Terms for the exams, make sure that you can clearly explain why the term in your answer is to have a sentence which begins "(this term) was important because... " and then provide the reason. 英文がかなり長くてすみません。 来週テストがありそのことについて記載している文になります。 そして、この英文の下にいろんなキーワードがあります。 例えば、Thomas Jefferson, Korean Warなど。 このトーマスジェファーソンについてなら、 「彼はアメリカ独立宣言の主要な作者であり、アメリカ合衆国の共和制の理想を追求したことで最も影響力のあったアメリカ合衆国建国の父の一人とされている。共和制を推進し、イギリスの帝国主義に対抗する偉大な「自由の帝国」の陰にある力としてアメリカの姿を描いた。」 と言ったような内容の英文を3~4文準備しておけばいいと言うことでしょうか? (授業で習った内容を重要キーワードみたいなものを2つ入れておけばいいと言うことですか?) また途中で出て来るIDとはなんのことでしょうか? (テストの2日前に授業があり、その時にもう一度確認しようとは思っています) よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文雇用契約書の和訳の添削お願いで~す!!

英文雇用契約書の和訳の添削お願いで~す!! Wii1e acting as an employee for the Company, you will not directly or indirectly, own an interest in, operate, control, or be connected as an employee, agent, independent,contractor,partner,shareholder or principal in any company which markets products,goods or services which directly or indirectly compete with the business of the Company. 私の下手な訳は、、、 「当会社に於いて、就業している間は、直接間接を問わず、出資、経営、管理してはならない。又は従業員、代理店、個人受託業者、パートナー、株主、又は、直接間接を問わず、当会社と競合している、製品、商品、又は、サービスを売り込む如何なる社長と関係してはならない。」 変な日本語を正しい訳にお願いで~す!!