• ベストアンサー

わからない英文があります

ファッション誌にて、シャネルのイヤリングを紹介してる横に; "A little drop of this label goes a long way. They're still a splurge, but they'll never go out of style." -a little drop of this label goes a long wayの意味を教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • wyeatearp
  • ベストアンサー率43% (110/254)
回答No.2

【(このラベルの)たったひと滴(しずく)のなんと長続きすることか......】 goes a long way → 長続きする、息のながい 化粧心のない身の悲しさ、【このラベル】がなにか特別な香水を示唆するのか言い切れない!そうかシャネルと仰有る、それならこれはシャネル香水の魅惑を仄めかしたものか。 ご参考まで。

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

私の想像では、 a drop はそのイヤリングのことで、this label はシャネルというブランド名ではないかと思います。すると、「シャネルのこの種のイヤリングは長い歴史を持つ。それは今の時代にあっても贅沢なものではあるが、しかし古臭くなることは決してない」 のような意味なのではないでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• 英文中のhowとcanはどのような働きをしているのですか?

下記の how と can はどのような働きをしているのですか? "He or she might be pleasantly surprised at how just a little of it can go a long way." it = common sense how は接続詞と判断していたのですが自信がありません。一応、辞書には、how は、接続詞の that に代わりに使われることもあるようですが・・ また、can は文を強調しているだけなのでしょうか? "A little goes a long way." "A little common sense can go a long way." なぜこのような使い分けをするのかご教授ください。

• 英文の和訳をお願い致します!

下記英文を日本語にして頂けますでしょうか? They like "a", however they like the addition of more colour (the heart) in "b". If you would like to add a little bit more red / colour similar to this in "a" please go ahead - just as long as it is not a heart shape which they did not like. 特に最後の 「just as long as it is not a heart shape which they did not like.」 の部分が難しくて困っておりました。 どなたかご教授お願い致します!

• 間違っている英文があったら、教えて下さい。

間違っている英文や、こんな言い方はしない。という文があったら、教えて下さい。 君の家が分かるか少し心配でした。     I was a little worried about is whether I can reach your place. 今、話した道について地図で説明します。 I'll explain the way I've just told on a map. 今、まだ運転中で、開かずの踏み切りで止められています。 I am still driving, and now blocked by a closed railway crossing.

• 英文の解釈教えてー!

(1)Connections matter more than they should.   建前以上にコネが必要なんだよ。 (2) You'll never know unless you try. (3) It's mean of you to take advantage of my weak point. (2)と(3)は訳がありません。これはことわざか格言かなんかでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。 (1)はthey shouldがよくわかりません。お願いいたします。

• 英文解釈

下記の英文 Even after coins were developed, however, the world was still long way away from our current system of money. Each city made its own coins, with no common way of exchanging one type for another. Gradually, traders worked out different rates of exchange. ■However, this was long, slow process that often developed differently, depending on the individual trader. ■However以下の英文の構造が見えず、またどのように和訳すべきかわからず、困っております。どなたか教えていただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳お願いします。

They stood still , instead of moving the way they were supposed to - on a screen , you know.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

The little devices most of us carry around are so powerful that they change not only what we do, but also who we are . . . We've become accustomed to a new way of 'being alone together.'

• BOSSという英文の訳お願いします

Words appeal to the emotions of people as well as to their intellect. Some words soothe one's feelings, but others arouse dislike or hatred. The first settlers who came to New England were glad that in this new land they were without masters. They despised master because it reminded them of a social order they hoped they were through with forever. They found an excellent way to get along without the word. In Dutch baas means "master." The early English settlers in New York borrowed this word in the form of boss and used it instead of master. It quickly became popular all over the country and is still in everyday use. It should be noticed however, that boss has never been able to secure anything but colloquial standing in the language. It is quite useful among friends in familiar conversation and writings of an informal sort. When it is used of one in political control of a district or situation it is slang.

• 訳の疑問

A little money goes a long way at a five-and-ten. という文章があって、 「日用雑貨店では少しのお金でも使いでがあります」 という訳があったのですが、 「at a five-and-ten」 という言葉には、「日用雑貨店」という意味があるのですか?? なんかぴんとこなくて。。。

• この文を翻訳してください。だいたい、こんな事がいいたいのかな~ぐらいでも結構...

この文を翻訳してください。だいたい、こんな事がいいたいのかな~ぐらいでも結構です。よろしくお願いします。 30分考えても何が言いたいのかわかりません。 しかし、これに返信しないといけないんです。。。。 だいたいこんな感じかな~~的でいいので教えてください。 of at deposit can is younger brother generation goes to give ? , if , still no try , ・・・ , the telephone goes to 1234-5678 this numbers because , deposit go to for a long already time , younger brother name generation , oom ,