• ベストアンサー

英文⇔日本文

bartlebyの回答

• ベストアンサー
  • bartleby
  • ベストアンサー率32% (40/122)
回答No.3

>☆平和を築くのに女性がどれほど重要な役割を果たしてきたか、我々はその例を世界に見出す事が出来る。 微妙なニュアンスがある文章ですね。特に「どれほど重要な」のところですが。 多少長くなりますが、私なら以下のようにします。 In the effort to establish peace, we can find case histories throughout the world, where the significance of roles played by women can be seen. >★彼はきっと喜んでそれを君に見せびらかすでしょう。 get a kick = get enjoyment out of = from get a kick out of = get enjoyment from ~を楽しむ 逆に英語から和訳すると分かりやすいかもしれません。 I'm sure he'll get a kick out of showing it off to you. = I'm sure he will get enjoyment from showing it off to you. = I'm sure he will enjoy showing it off to you. 彼はそれを君に見せびらかすことを楽しむでしょう。 =彼はきっと喜んでそれを君に見せびらかすでしょう。 get a kick out of はスラングなので、あまり上品な表現ではありません。 よって、ビジネス英語の文章では不適切と考える方が無難でしょう。

abifuu
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!色々、書きかえなども書かれていてとても分かりやすかったです。参考になりました☆

関連するQ&A

• 「~嬉しいです。」の表現の文を作る。

「あなたが来るということを聞いて嬉しいです。」(=「あなたが来てくれるのは嬉しいです。」と思っています。)  (1)I'm happy (that) you're coming. (2)I'm glad (that) You're coming. (3)I'm happy (that) you'll come.  (4) I'm glad (that) you'll come.  (1)(2)はありで、(3)(4)は非文らしいです。 なぜですか? 確実性が低いからですか?   (5)I'm sure he'll make it. はいいのですよね、ちがいがよくわかりません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を日本語に訳して、()に入る文も答えてください

When he was a little boy, George Washington was given a hatchet for his birthday. Eager to try his shiny new tool, George went out and practiced chopping on one of his father`s cherry trees. When the tree was found dead, George was asked by his father ( 1 ). "I can`t tell a lie, Pa; you know I can`t tell a lie. I cut it with my hatchet." Instead of being angry, George`s father was delighted by his son`s honesty. "Run to my arms, you dearest boy," he cried, and then embraced his son. This is the story almost all Americans know about George Washington. On the face of it, it is merely a children`s tale with a moral message: it is good to tell the truth. ( 2 ), for some reason, this seemingly simple story has become one of the myths that hold Americans together. ・(1) (1)why he had told him a lie (2)how to cut his cherry tree (3)if he had done it (4)what he had used to cut his cherry tree ・(2) (1)Therefore (2)However (3)Indeed (4)As a result

• 会話文ですが

A; Why don't you save me a piece and I'll drop by for it tomorrow!(この前に、ケーキの話が出ています) B; I'm not so sure it will turn out as well as I hope. これでBさんの会話はどう取ればいいですか?turn outはSVCを 取る句動詞でであるため、as well as以下がどんな役割になるのか 分かりませんでした…(as well asはそもそも前置詞句のはずです) どなたか、文構造を教えていただけませんか?

• 二文同意について教えてください

He was a poet rather than a sholar. =he was not ( ) mush a scholar ( )a poet Iam sure that be will succeed, =I am sure of ( )( ) You will soon understand wha I'm saying =It will not be ( )( )you understand what I'm saying. It seems that he was late for the meeting. =He seems to ( ) ( ) Late foe the meeting. Do you mind if open the window? =Do you mind ( )( ) the window? お願いします!!

• ~から出てくるという表現についてお尋ねします。英語

1I'll buy your cigaret for you. When I get back here I'll call you. Then can you get out of your flat? 2I'll buy your cigaret for you. When I get back here I'll call you. Then can you come out of your flat? ネイティブの質問サイトで両方使えるとの回答を見かけたのですが、get out off/come out ofの使えるといっても差異があると思うのですが、nuanceの違いはなんでしょうか?またyour cigaretはタバコ一箱という意味だと思うのですが、口語ではこのようにa pack of~と使わずに表すのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• ハグリッドの訛 元の英文はこれで合っていますか?

ハリーポッターの原書版のP111  19行目 ハリー達一年生がホグワーツ特急を降りて、迎えに来たハグリッドに学校まで連れて行ってもらうシーンです。 ”Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec,” とハグリッドは言っていますが、これは元は ”You'll get your first sight of Hogwarts in a second” で合っていますか?

• 英文解釈

下記の文中の"You get to a point where you say," はどう解釈すれば良いか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。 "You get to a point where you say, 'Is this fishery viable any longer? Is it worth it for me to go out and catch a handful of fish?'" --補足-- 【前後の文】 It was a good day for Ed Tavasieff. He pulled in 390 kilos of Dungeness crab from his pots outside the Golden Gate. Tavasieff said he is worried that California’s new plan for ocean sanctuaries will soon reduce his catch. "You get to a point where you say, 'Is this fishery viable any longer? Is it worth it for me to go out and catch a handful of fish?'" 【出展】 VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/California-Bans-Restricts-Fishing-in-Marine-Areas-114939769.html

• 英訳で困っています。

英訳で困っています。 When turning a horse out to pasture, first be sure he has had a full feed of hay. という英文です。 When turning a horse out to pastureの部分が分かりません 馬を放牧するため移動させることは でいいのでしょうか? 愚問ですがお願いします。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

In 1902, after several unsuccessful attempts, he was elected deputy. He declared himself a strong partisan of the union of the Left in what was known as the Bloc, in order to check the reactionary Deputies of the Right. From the beginning of his career in the Chamber of Deputies, Briand was occupied with the question of the separation of church and state. He was appointed reporter of the commission charged with the preparation of the 1905 law on separation, and his masterly report at once marked him out as one of the coming leaders. He succeeded in carrying his project through with but slight modifications, and without dividing the parties upon whose support he relied. He was the principal author of the law of separation, but, not content with preparing it, he wished to apply it as well. The ministry of Maurice Rouvier was allowing disturbances during the taking of inventories of church property, a clause of the law for which Briand was not responsible. Consequently, he accepted the portfolio of Public Instruction and Worship in the Sarrien ministry (1906).

• 下記の英語を日本語に訳して頂けますか?

like anything in life, the more you put into it, the more you will get out of it. ここで使われているget out of itは~から抜け出す、降りるのニュアンスとはぜんぜん違いますよね?? 訳お願いします!