needsは自動詞ですか?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The Japan Business Federation plans to take measures to reduce supply needs from TEPCO.
  • They will disperse operating days and hours in factories and temporarily shift production to western Japan.
  • In addition, they will utilize in-house power generation facilities.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

needsは自動詞ですか?

The envisioned measures by the Japan Business Federation include dispersing operating days and hours in factories and temporarily shifting production to western Japan, as well as utilizing in-house power generation facilities to reduce supply needs from TEPCO. utilizing in-house power generation facilities to reduce supplyが主節でneedsが動詞であると思うのですが、needを辞書でみると他動詞としか載っていません。しかし受身にしないと意味がつながらないように思えます。 needsは自動詞なのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • toypu2008
  • ベストアンサー率40% (48/118)
回答No.2

長い文章ですが、この文の動詞は何かを考えましょう。 基本的なことですが、英文を読む時も前から後ろへと進みます。 そして必ず動詞を丸で囲ってください。 決して戻ってはいけません。 そして読む時は意味のかたまりで理解してください。 この文章のinclude が動詞とわかったら、その前が主語ですよね。 この場合はmeasures です。 【ある対策があって、その内容には…が含まれます】と長々と説明しているだけです。 as well as 以下の内容が【社内の自家発電施設を用いる】となっていて、 何のためかを説明しているのがto以下、 すなわちTEPCO の電力供給(supply needs)を減らすためとなります。 needs は【名詞】となります。

gklkjoo
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.1

needs は名詞です。 東電からの供給の必要性(直訳)

関連するQ&A

• asとto不定詞の意味

次の文中のasとto不定詞の意味がうまく取れません。 asは前置詞として、to不定詞は「結果」の用法として処理すれば良いのでしょうか? 文法的な解説と和訳をお願い致します。 He was tired of hearing words like sumimasen and shiturei shimasita all the time. As someone who often travels in Europe and America,he felt the frequent use of these kind of words to be a strange and negative custom unique to Japan.

• 自動詞と他動詞の区別

こんにちは。 以下の文章に出てくる自動詞と他動詞を区別し、数の違いを比較するという課題が出されました。 作業をしているうちに、どちらに当てはまるのかだんだんとこんがらがってきて、区別するのが困難になってきました。。。 どなたか、アドバイスや回答よろしくお願いします。 The origins of the current European Union can be found in the European Coal and Steel Community established in 1952 by six nations. The twentieth century was stricken by major wars that resulted in destruction on an enormous scale, and during the reconstruction which followed it was imperative to achieve material affluence. This Community, established with the goal of sharing the resources and materials of coal and steel, developed into a Union which even has a common currency and foreign policy, and this became the twentieth-century model for regional communities. There are highly encouraging aspects of the European experience. In Europe as well as elsewhere there was no agreement from the beginning to create a Union. The start sixty years ago was the establishment of the Coal and Steel Community, and then with alliances in the economic, energy, and political fields advancing in parallel with participating countries overlapping to a degree, the European Union was established by integrating these efforts. Therefore, I believe it possible to create a community in East Asia too by building on each other's ideas on various specific areas. The issue, then, is where we should start. I have been advocating "spending not on concrete, but on people" as one of the slogans which usher in a new kind of politics in Japan. If the previous century was an age in which we pursued material affluence, the twenty-first century should be one in which human resources, culture, and wisdom are increasingly sought as the foundations of well-being.

• どのような接続詞を使えばよいのですか

次の分子構文を接続詞を使って書きなおす場合、 どのような接続詞を使えばよいのでしょうか。 Samsung Electronics sued Apple in Japan and Australia on Monday to ban sales of the iPhone 4S, escalating a current legal battle of the world's two biggest makers of smartphones and tablet computers.

• 接続詞の使い方

間違い探しの問題で理解できないことがあります The floppy disk was invented in 1971 (and) ameans of loading programs into the computer 解説ではカッコで囲った(and)→(as)にする方が適切だとのべてあります。理由はandという接続詞は構成要素が同じものだけを繋ぐからandは適切ではないそうです。 この「構成要素が同じものだけを繋ぐ」というのはどういうことですか? The ability to extract O2 directly from the air evolved in som early fshes, (or probably) in response to life in stagnant,deoxygenated pools. この文でも(or probably)が文法上間違いで、理由はorの前後に置くものは文法的に対等の語(句・節)になっていなければならないからだそうです。 「文法的に対等」というのは接続詞の前後の句・節でS,V,O,C、前置詞などのずべての要素の順番が全く同じということですか? よろしくおねがいします

• 【自動詞と他動詞、教えてください】

今回も英語の質問になってしまいますがどなたかお願いします。 自分でもやっては見るんですが、問題の意味が分からず解けません。 TOEIC対策みたいなテキストになってるのですが 説明がなく、何をすればいいのか分からないのです。 問題はこちらです。 【自動詞と他動詞】←問題分はこれだけです。 1、We modern people tend relying on supplements instead of being careful in regard to our diet. (A)relying on (B)being careful (C)regard to (D)diet 2、My husband in aiming for eating-pattern changes to keep fit so that he can provide his family. (A)aimimg for (B)changes (C)keep fit (D)provide 3、To rise children strongly, mothers should try to feed them balanced meals constantly. (A)To rise (B)feed (C)balanced (D)constantly 4、Mr. Cennhold is subject to disease because he has too many likes and dislikes in which he eats. (A)subject to (B)because (C)too many (D)in which 本文も単語を訳したり翻訳してわずかにわかる程度で 自動詞と他動詞がこの問題分に対して何を目的としてるのか? など意味がわかりません・・・。 この問題、分かる方いらっしゃいましたら教えてください。 お願いします。

• 関係詞の先行詞は?

NHKテレビ英会話講座より We're honored to have Ms.Ann Beebe,who has been in Japan for 20 years, I understand, and is currently director of the ABC company. 来日20年になられ、現在はABC社の取締役をなさっているアン・ビービーさんをお迎えできて光栄に存じます。 (質問)コンマごとに振り分けます。 (a)We're honored to have Ms.Ann Beebe (b)who has been in Japan for 20 years (c)I understand (d)and is currently director of the ABC company. 質問1.(b)のwhoの先行詞は(a)のMs.Ann.Beebeでしょうか? 質問2・(c)の[I understand]は(d)についてでしょうか?(b)についてでしょうか? 質問3.(d)の[and is...]以下が解りにくいんですが、[is]の主語は[Ms.Ann Beebe who has been in Japan for 20 years]でしょうか? 質問4.(d)の[and]はどういう役割の接続詞でしょうか? [Ms.Ann Beebe who has been in Japan for 20 years] AND [Ms.Ann Beebe is currently director of the ABC company.]でしょうか? 質問を複雑にして申し訳ありません。[and is]を中心にお答えいただければと思います。よろしくお願いいたします。以上

• 不定詞についてご教授お願いいたします。Japane

I personally believe that the current English education system in Japan should be reformed as soon a s possible because it is useless for Japanese students wishing to learn to express their thoughts properly in English. 不定詞の意味上の主語は Japanese students だと思うのですが、その後の不定詞はどこから始まるのでしょうか?意訳をいれて解説して頂きたいと思います。

• 不定詞について

The Bakers had to fork over as much as $100,000 to buy a small vacant lot on which to build their house.(ベーカーさん一家はマイホーム用のささやかな敷地購入のため10万ドルも支払わなければならなかった。) Q)「to build their house」の不定詞句は名詞用法で「on which 」(前置詞句)の目的語として捉えたら間違いでしょうか? この種の文は時々見かけるのですが、いまだによくわかりません。宜しくお願いします。

• 文の転換(不定詞)

文の転換について、so that~may →so as to-不定詞になるという 解説が参考書に書かれていました。 そこで、以下の問題 I stepped aside so that he might go in. を転換すると、答えは I stepped aside for him to go in. と書かれていました。 なぜso as to は使えないのでしょうか? so as to ~での転換とfor of ing~や、for to-不定詞になる違いはどのように区別をすればよいでしょうか?

• 不定詞の否定 

More than 1 million customers in the affected area were reported without power at mid-day Saturday. Officials in Texas and Louisiana warned evacuees to not return yet. 最後のところの to not return yet は not to return yet が普通と思いますがどうでしょうか? 不定詞の否定のルールも含めて教えて下さい。 出展は 9月24日付けの USA Today  です。