• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:world domination to follow)

World Domination to Follow

sasaki_sanの回答

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

世界支配。そのままですね。 つまり、たわい無い会話をしているAとBの二人を簡単に操るCを見て、Dは次は世界支配だと冗談で言っているのです。 AとBは夫婦。恐らくAが女性、Bが男性でしょうね。Cは仲の良い友達もしくは夫婦どちらかの兄弟/親類。Dは友達。 A:「義父さんに充分食べ物を上げないと、私達の事を愛して貰えなくなると心配しているの?」 (別に実際に食べ物の話でなくても、衣食住一般の話をしているのかもしれません。これは義父さんを犬のように見下した言い方です) B:「もう親父に対する当てつけは止めてくれ」 (つまり、お父さんがいつも食べ物を取っていったり、お金をせびったりしているのでは無いですか?) A:「あらあなた、これは当てつけなんかじゃないわ。Cはどう思う?」 (つまり、「事実を言っているだけ」です) C:「違うね。でも、この前義父さんを冷血ジジイと呼んだのは当てつけだね」 A:「裏切るのね!」 ("sold me out" は比較的頻繁に耳にする言葉なので覚えておくと良いでしょう。) C:「ご覧。この二人は操り人形で、僕は操り師だ」 ("I'm puppet master" → "I'm the puppet master" です。"the" が抜けています) D:「そして、次は世界を支配するだろうな」 (Cを馬鹿にしているのではありません。Cがこの状況を茶化した言い方するので、友達のDも同じように茶化した返事をしているだけです。) 典型的な会話パターンです。

yuriayuria
質問者

お礼

わかりやすい回答ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• ビジネス英語・会話

ビジネス英語・会話においての問題です。 ●相手に指示するとき、どのように書きますか。A~Dで選びなさい。 A:I demand that you take Mr.Lopez to the reserved meeting room and start to discuss a new deal with him. B:Would you like to take Mr.Lopez to the reserved meeting room and start to discuss a new deal with him. C:I want to order you to take Mr.Lopez to the reserved meeting room and start to discuss a new deal with him. D:Would you take Mr.Lopez reserved meeting room and start to discuss a new deal with him? 私の解答→B ●日本人AさんとBさんはモーター開発に関して、アメリカ人2人(Cさん、Dさん)と会議しています。A~Dのうち選びなさい。 Cさん:Not really. The problem is how much their R&D has progressed so far. We have no idea. Dさん:問題 A:Please take my advice. B:I'm not sure how to say it in English. C:Does anybody have any suggestions? D:Do you agree with me? 私の解答→A Aさん:Are you saying that we need more information on competitors? Dさん:That's right. We need to establish a global network to see what's going on in the motor market for hybrid cars. Bさん:問題 A:I feel that personal relationship are the best way. B:Could you describe that, please? C:No, you are wrong that way. D:What is a global netwak? 私の解答→C Cさん:Masa, I know that you have a strong relationship with engineers working for auto-parts companies. Aさん:Yeah, Masa attends a lot of conferences on engineering every year. Dさん:Masa, I'll leave it to you. (問題) A:The reason is that you are not confused about that. B:May I have your attention? C:That's fine. D:What do you think about your prospects? 私の解答→D Cさん:I believe that you can collect valuable information, Masa. Bさん:(問題) but I should be able to tell you sometiong important regarding motor development in the auto-parts industry in a few weeks. A:I'm very sorry for that, B:I'll explain that, C:I'm not sure, D:I'm very confident, 私の解答→分かりません。。Aかなと。。 以上宜しくお願いします。

• All (that)you habe to do is (to)~の応用

All (that)you habe to do is (to)~ ・・・「~しさえすればよい」の文を応用した問題で All (that)you habe to rememeber is ~というのがでてきました。 どう訳せばいいのでしょう。 全文を参考までに載せます。 Some people find it hard to write a friendly letter, but I do not think so. All you have to rememeber is to write the person ahat you would tell him if you were in the same room talking to him-the small incidents of every life, pleasant happenings, a really funny joke, news of mutual friends - any and all news that would interest a person of his particular age and personality.

• follow through

During my best friend L’s last two years of life, her brain cancer made her volatile and often unkind. I made a promise to her that I would look out for her socially isolated sister. Whenever I check in on her sister K, she blames me for not being a better friend to L while she was alive. I would have never promised to look out for K if I didn’t intend to follow through. if I didn’t intend to follow throughはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• ,his job kept him too busy to...

NHKラジオ英会話講座より My dad loved model trains when he was a boy. But as an adult, his job kept him too busy to continue. ・・省略・・。・・仕事が忙しくて続けられなかったの。 (質問)[,his job kept him too busy to continue.]についてお尋ねします。 (1)[too..to]が入っているので今一つ、分り難いのですが、次のような[SVOO]の考えでよろしいですか? a)his job(S) 彼の仕事が b)kept(V) その状態にした。 c)him(O-1) 彼に d)too busy to continue(O-2) 忙しすぎて続けられなかった。 直訳すると「彼の仕事が(a)彼に(c)忙しすぎて続けられない(d)その状態にした(b)。」と考えました。如何でしょうか? (2)[to continue]は不定詞の名詞的用法ですか? (3)[to continue]をO-2と考えるのか、[too busy to continue]をO-2と考えるのか?分りません。 易しい説明をいただければと、希望します。よろしくお願いいたします。以上

• 動詞 

Although we disapprove of the new law, we do ( ) it. (A) follows (B) follow (C) are following (D) to follow 答え B なぜ、Bなんですか? do follow となると一つの文に動詞が2つになるのでおかしいくないですか? 詳しい解説お願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いします。

以下の英文の翻訳をお願いしたいです。 1. This is a case of rickets. You should take him to a proper hospital. 2. Well, we took him to every hosoital, but he hasn't improved. 3. Rickets is caused by a lack of vitamin D, which is necessary for bone growth. 4. Give him a large dose of vitamin D. 5. I know that much. I'm giving him a hundred thousand units of vitamin D every day. 6. If you know so much, why bother to visit me?

• hold you to

You said you'd be home by 10, and I'm holding you to your word. A: "Next time, I'll buy you lunch." B: "I'm going to hold you to that!" hold you toはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳・日本語に訳して下さい。

I have requested that we ship what we have asap. You should see tracking to follow within the next few days.

• I expect to die a rich man.

I expect to die a rich man. 全文 Sandy: (to Jimmy) Coop, I think you spent more on that dress than I make in a year. Man: That's why we trust him with our money. I expect to die a very rich man, Jimmy. I expect to die a rich manてどういう意味ですか?

• この英語を訳していただきたいです

A: You bring new aspects to him. and with captain america it's like... B: He doesn't bring nuances. C: It was perfect B: Let me just say that we have had a lot of captain america love today. okey? So i'd glod to get some... A: And then we see Captain america evolving into his leadership role. But we also see you evolving more and more as we see you onscreen... B: Well...Do we?