• 締切済み

(  ) the tragic news of her husband

(  ) the tragic news of her husband's death, she dealt in a calm manner. かっこ内には、despite以外の前置詞一つが入るようなのですが、どのようなものが適切でしょうか?初め、withで考えたのですが、tragic newsとは合いませんよね?good newsであれば、WIth few people there, we could talk in comfort.のような感じでいけると思ったのですが。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

みんなの回答

回答No.4

despiteの同意語のnotwithstandingを用いれば間違にはならないと 思います。

回答No.3

with all ~= for all ~で「~にもかかわらず」です。 微妙なのですが,with の方は all がなくてもいいです。 with 自体で「~にもかかわらず」「~なので」などの意味が出てきます。 for の場合,all があることで「~にもかかわらず」の意味が出てきます。 したがって,with ということになります。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

私は After ではないかと思いました。 でも、with も捨てがたい気がします。

回答No.1

[for」かなあ。。。

関連するQ&A

• 分詞構文に似たwithの事

with her husband in support “夫が援助してくれる” とあるのですが、 her husband being in supportという分詞構文で同じ意味になるでしょうか?be in supportで援助するという意味でしょうか? 以上です。すみませんが、ご指導頂けると嬉しいです。 お願いします。

• out of touch

I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I out of touch? ここでのout of touchはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書にそれらしき意味がないのですが・・よろしくお願いします

• どうして複数形なのでしょうか?

Even in her death, with her eyes wide open, the Gorgon had her powers. どうして powers と複数になっているのでしょうか???

• 英語の質問です!

各文の()の中から間違いのある箇所を1つ見つけ、選んでください。解説もお願いします! He could see (by her face) (that) she (received) (a piece of good news). (Despite) those (differences), Susan has always been very (considerate) (with) her friends. She forget (bringing) her lunch. That's (why) she (was) late (for) my class this morning. This plant (is said) to be (possible) to live (without) water (for) many days.

• 英文法

It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. これはIt is ~ thatの強調構文ですか?

• in her honor

I work in a small office (fewer than 20 employees), staffed entirely by women. This is usually a good thing, and we get along well and support one another. There is one employee, “June,” who has been with the company for three to four years, and who recently announced she is leaving to pursue an opportunity with another company. We congratulated her individually on her new opportunity, signed a group card each reiterating a similar message, and had a catered farewell lunch in her honor. After the lunch, another employee found June crying in her office. Apparently, June was upset that we hadn’t given her a parting gift in recognition of her time with the company. Now two employees are asking everyone to contribute toward a gift for June because of how upset she was. I have been at the company for 10 years, and to my knowledge, it is not standard practice for us to give gifts to departing employees unless they are retiring—which June is not. I don’t feel inclined to contribute toward a gift for a grown woman who threw a tantrum because she wasn’t offered a present. But if I don’t, I look like a “bad guy” to my colleagues who I have to continue to work with. Can I draw a line in the sand and opt out of a collective gift? in her honorとcollective giftの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• flew her out

My father began dating four years after my mother passed away from a terrible bout with cancer. He and I have always been close; in fact, I have always considered him to be one of my best friends. But since he started dating he has changed. I just traveled across the country for a family funeral and discovered that he has a new love in his life, and that he flew her out to see all of our extended family. My dying grandmother got to meet her, but I didn't even know her name! flew her outはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got toはcouldに置き換えられるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 関係副詞whenについて

以下の英文にある when の先行詞は that period でしょうか。それとも、when は関係副詞ではなく接続詞でしょうか。 【英文】 She had that period in between having children when she could share her husband with Diane; at other times she lived on her imagination. お手数かけますが、ご教示の程、よろしくお願い致します。

• get out of work

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6½ years. He went on vacation a few months ago without me (I could not get out of work), and he met a woman on the plane ride there. She is his age, had similar interests, and loves beer. He gave her his number with the intent of possibly setting her up with our mutual friend whom he was visiting on vacation. get out of workとsetting her up withの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

In 2006 after an altercation at a hotel, Mary went home and torched $10,000 worth of her husband’s clothing in their front yard. In late 2007, Scott and Mary divorced. Despite this, both Scott and Mary have stated they remain friends. In a 2007 interview with Blender Magazine, Scott mentioned that he is a practicing Catholic.