• ベストアンサー

Bloomberg.com 4月10日ギリシア問題の記事の一節で解らな

Bloomberg.com 4月10日ギリシア問題の記事の一節で解らないところがあり、教えて下さい。 Merkel has balked at putting taxpayer funds at risk in Greece, signaling that any assistance would have to be attached to strict conditions. ここの putting taxpayer funds が、どういう意味なのか良く分かりません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• Broner
  • お礼率80% (1004/1245)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

Merkel has balked at putting taxpayer funds at risk in Greece, signaling that any assistance would have to be attached to strict conditions. 「put ~~~ at risk in ====」で「====において~~~を危険にさらす、~~~に危険をもたらす」、、、、、、、で 粗訳ですが、、、、、、、 メルケルは、どの様な援助であれ極めて厳しい条件付きで行われるべきと示唆して、ギリシャに資金をつぎ込むとこは(ドイツ自国の)納税者の金を危険にさらすことになると躊躇った。

Broner
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 よく理解できました。 私は、 funds が、投資ファンドのことと思っていました。 あなたの仰るとおり、 taxpayer funds は、納税者のお金となるのですね。 taxpayer's funds になっていたら解り易かったのですね。 すごい、本当にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• replace

That improvement holds the key to Citigroup’s payback plan, as private investors replace $45 billion of taxpayer funds and as the bank weans itself off additional forms of government assistance. private investors replace の replace の訳を教えてください。

• 契約書の中の一文がうまく訳せません。

英文解釈の勉強のため、とある契約書を読んでいますが、以下の文の解釈で悩んでおります。 The fact that xxxx may at any time not rely on any of these Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of its right to rely on any of the said conditions subsequently. xxxxが、いかなる時もこれらの条項に依存することはできないという事実は、後に続く条項に依存する権利の放棄とはみなされない。 で大丈夫ですか?それとも、mayとnotの間に、"at any time"が入っているので、いかなる時もrely onしないこともできるんだよ、という意味になりますか?

• エラーメールです。訳して下さいm(__)m

This is the Postfix program at host mc-imt32-g.dav.pdx.ne.jp. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster> If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message

• 九州大学の英語(2011年)

下記の英文は九州大学で出題された一節です。 The other thing I learned was that at a critical moment my parents would not risk themselves in any important way to save me.の in any important wayの意味・訳し方が分かりません。 ご教授宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳を教えて下さい。

和訳を教えて下さい。 アメリカの401Kを解約した際に、送られてきたメールです。 「That is correct. Due to regulatory guidelines we are required to maintain the account information for a period of 7 years in the event that it is determined that any additional funds are due to you. At that point the account would be reopened to allow the funds to be paid to you. The account would be permanently closed after that time frame.」 どなたか、よろしくお願い致します。

• いたづらメール?

さっきこのようなメールが来ました。なんて書いてあるのかもわかりません。どうすればいいのでしょう This is the Postfix program at host ns1.r-swan.ne.jp. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster> If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message. The Postfix program そしてこの下にメルアドのようなものが書かれてます。

• 翻訳お願いいたします

翻訳お願いいたします。 This is the mail system at host fbmtan502.mail.kks.yahoo.co.jp. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster. If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.                    The mail system

• 「返信」で送れない

ある方だけが「返信」で送っても戻ってきてしまいます。 他の方は一人もそういう方はいません。 どうしてでしょうか。 This is the mail system at host 私のプロバイダのようです I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster> If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message. この内容で返ってきますがどうしたら返信で送れるようになるのでしょうか。 教えてください。 宜しくお願い致します。

• メール送信時の問題

メールを送信するとこのようなメッセージが送られてきました。 これはどのような意味でしょうか? 分かる方がいれば御願いします。 This is the mail system at host dspam1.myhsphere.biz. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster> If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system

• 英文の翻訳について

レイトチェックアウトを依頼した後に届いたメールなのですが、 依頼に了承していただけたのか、よくわかりません。 翻訳をよろしくお願いいたします。 We are please to confirm late check out till 05.00pm on 04 May 2011 @ THB 2,750.-net and you could settle upon departure date We look forward to welcoming and serving you at ホテル名 on 01-04May 2011. Should you need any assistance please feel free to contact us. Any urgent matter, please contact directly at +電話番号.