• ベストアンサー

この英文の訳を教えてください

よろしくお願いいたします。 I found him standing in water up to his knees. 上記の分なのですが、 「私は水の中に立っている彼を見つけた」というニュアンスは分かるのですが、最後の「彼のひざに近づいている」という文と合わすと意味がいまひとつ変です。 誰かわかるかた、教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#121552
noname#121552
回答No.2

「水の中で立っている彼を見つけた」のではなくて「水が水の中で立っている彼の膝ぐらいまで来ていた」という意味だと思います。  私は彼が膝まで水に浸かっているのに気がついた。  とかが分かりやすい訳だと思います。

yucchin86
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (1)

• nekomac
  • ベストアンサー率43% (162/371)
回答No.1

up to (....まで) 私は彼が水の中で膝まで浸かって立っているのを見つけた。 という意味だと思います。

yucchin86
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英文の邦訳をお願いします。

I have always regarded his statements in regard to the Treatise as unreliable. The effect of the violent disappointment he had about that was to arouse a complex in him which prevented him from being sensible on the matter for the rest of his life; his chief object being to cover up and to excuse. On looking into Birkbeck Hill I find that I am not alone in attributing this side to his character. Hill writes on page viii of his preface: “Hume, with a levity which is only found in a man who is indifferent to strict truthfulness. . .”. 上記英文の邦訳をお願い致します。

• 英文の訳!

英文の訳をお願いします! He was worried about it himself. His yacht was made up of such materials as recycled alumminum cans and PET bottles, and solar batteries were used as a power source. Horie found that most of the oceans and the seas were still clean, which made him very happy. But he was shocked at the polluted water around Japan, especially Osaka Bay.

• 訳をお願いします。

He would often think out loud while I was there . Of course, he could have been talking to a bed or a chair just as easily. But it was now a habit was slower than his. But that served to make his own ideas come faster and brighter. This was my part in our relationship. When I arrived at Baker Street, I found him sitting in his armchair. His face deep in thought . It was clear that he was considering some difficult problem. He waved his hand for me to sit down. It was nearly a half hour before he finally looked up. Then he quickly turned to me and smiled. He welcomed me back to what was once my home. he could have been talking to a bed or a chair just as easily. He welcomed me back to what was once my home.上の二行の文でまず、could have been talking 、 just as easily、訳し方がわかりません。また、back to 、what was once my home 訳し方がわかりません。宜しくお願いします。

• この英文の訳教えてください

(1)she gets money from the people watching her (2)in many other countries,however ,the model often sits in an open space (3)she first thought of drawing in front of others while in the hospital (4)then i found that patients came to watch and enjoyed themselves,too. (5)in fact the atmosphere of the whole hospital improved. この文の訳わかるかた教えてください。

• 英文訳

“I am going to Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee,”sings Paul Simon on his 1986 L.p. (私は、メンフィスのグレースランドに行くつもりです。)? これであってるかわかりませんが、この後の訳し方がわかりません。

• この英文の訳は??

(1) a.He pretend not to be her friend. b.he did not pretend to be her friends. (2) a.It is difficult for him never to go there alone again. b.It is not difficult for him to go there alone again. (3) a.I think it important not to tell him the fact. b.I do not think it important to tell him the fact. がわかりません。 (1)は2つとも「彼は彼女の友達のマネをしなかった」 というよくわからない文にしか訳せないし、 (2)は a.「彼にとって一人で再び来こない事は難しい事だ。」 b.「かれにとって一人で再び来る事は難しくはない。」 と訳したのですが、何かおかしい気がします。 (3)は a.「私は彼が言わない真実は大切な事だと考えている。」 b.「私は彼が言った真実は大切な事ではないとかんが得ている。」 と訳してみましたが自信がありません。

• 訳と英文みてください

訳みてください Do you still want me to meet you in 〇, if so when? あなたはまだ、〇で私に会いたいの?もしそうならいつ? (前半の文がうまく訳せません)〇は国名です。 My studying is very slow, I am too old to learn quickly 私の勉強はすごい遅いよ、私は年だし早く習得することはね。 (slowのあとにbecauseとか、隠れてますか?) ............................................... 英文みてください(下の返事の) I may be coming to Japan for 2 weeks, is it still possible to ski in sangatsu or is it too late? この返事に 遅くないよ,3月にスキーできるよ Not too late,we can skiing in sangatsu. これでいいですか? 変だったり、他に、言い方あったらいろいろ教えてください。お願いします

• 訳お願いします。

An ex-cop overreacts to seeing his grandson point a water pistol at him, and he takes the kid down to "remove the threat." 元刑事が孫息子に水鉄砲を向けられて過剰反応して、takes the kid downして脅威を取り除いた? takes the kid downが分かりません。

• どの文が正しいでしょか?

どの文が正しいでしょか?正しい文が無い場合は模範解答をよろしくお願いします。…_| ̄|○ 私の仕事は1月から3月までが一番忙しい。 I'm busiest from January to March. My job is busiest from January to March. *My job を 主語にするのは変ですよね? The busiest term for my work is from Jan. to March. 庭のバケツの水が凍っていました。   The bucket of water in my garden had frozen. The water in the bucket in my garden got frozen. The bucket of water in my garden froze. I found the bucket of water frozen in my garden.

• 英文を訳を教えてください^^;

英語が苦手なのでまったくわからなくて困っています。・・・ I was moving about with my little mallards in the May green grass in our garden. I was squatting and quacking, "quahg, gegegeg, quahg, gegegeg." I was pleased that my little mallards were following me. Suddenly, I looked up and saw a group of tourists standing at the fence. They started at me in surprise. "Naturally!" I thought. All that they could see was a big man with a beard who was squatting, looking constantly over his shoulder, and even quacking. On the other hand, the little mallards, which could explain my strange behavior, were hidden in the tall grass from the view of the tourists. No wonder the tourists were surprised to see me. in the interest of ~のために move about 動き回る no wonder 無理もない "quahg, gegegeg" マガモの鳴き声