• ベストアンサー

英文訳

“I am going to Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee,”sings Paul Simon on his 1986 L.p. (私は、メンフィスのグレースランドに行くつもりです。)? これであってるかわかりませんが、この後の訳し方がわかりません。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.2

こんにちは! エルビスの文章が続きますね。 “I am going to Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee,”sings Paul Simon on his 1986 L.P. L. P. は今はもうあまり出回らなくなりましたが、レコードです。「LPレコード」と訳します。 「僕はテネシー州、メンフィスのグレースランドに行く予定だ」と、ポール・サイモンは、1986年(発売)のLPレコード(に吹き込まれたある曲)で歌っています。 という訳になります。

dondondan
質問者

お礼

ホントにありがとうございます。 学校でやっているもので、英語が苦手で、ほんとすいません

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

「私は、メンフィスのグレースランドに行くつもりです。」と、1986年のアルバムの中でポール・サイモンは歌っている。 http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B0%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89_%28%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AB%E3%83%90%E3%83%A0%29

dondondan
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• この英語の問題の解説をお願いします

こんばんわ。高校生です。分からない問題があるので解説をお願いします。 (   ) is more interested in melody than in rhythm is apparent from his compositions. (1)That Paul Simon (2)What Paul Simon という選択肢で答えは(1)なのですが、どうしてもその理由が分かりません。どなたかわかる方、解説をお願いします。

• 次の英文の訳お願いします

There were 784,746 U.S residents who described their race as white and black in the last census count. But that number did not include Laura Martin, whose father is black and mother is white. 「I have always just checked black on my form」 said Martin, a 29-year-old university employee in Las Vegas. She grew up surrounded by black fammily and friends,listening to black music and active in black causes - 「So,I am black」 active in black causes・・・・黒人の為に活動する Exhibit A is President Barack Obama. He declined to check the box for white on his census form, despite his mothers whiteness. Exhibit A ・・・証拠物件その1

• 分かりにくい英文の意味を教えて下さい

以下はTHE PLEASURES OF IGNORANCEの冒頭の部分です。 下記のうち、 1. many of us could not tell whether or not the chaffinch sings, or the colour of the cuckoo. この部分の構文と意味。 2.whether Chapman drew on his fancy or his knowledge of nature in the lines: この文章の意味。 3.最後の詩の意味もよく分かりません。 宜しくお願いします。 It is impossible to take a walk in the country with an average townsman—especially, perhaps, in April or May—without being amazed at the vast continent of his ignorance. It is impossible to take a walk in the country oneself without being amazed at the vast continent of one's own ignorance. Thousands of men and women live and die without knowing the difference between a beech and an elm, between the song of a thrush and the song of a blackbird. Probably in a modern city the man who can distinguish between a thrush's and a blackbird's song is the exception. It is not that we have not seen the birds. It is simply that we have not noticed them. We have been surrounded by birds all our lives, yet so feeble is our observation that many of us could not tell whether or not the chaffinch sings, or the colour of the cuckoo. We argue like small boys as to whether the cuckoo always sings as he flies or sometimes in the branches of a tree—whether Chapman drew on his fancy or his knowledge of nature in the lines: When in the oak's green arms the cuckoo sings, And first delights men in the lovely springs.

• 訳をお願いします。

(1)The party was caught in a shower on the way . 2)People are concerned about what will happen to the Japanese economy in the next few years . (3)I've been working on this for weeks . I'm tired of it (4)We are all fed up with his complaints about his boss . (5)He was absorbed in a book and didn't seem to hear me . 6)I'm inclinedto fall asleep whenever I try to study English . (7)I'm going shopping now , but I'll be back before long. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文解釈と訳

If I am confident that all of the countries involved are bargaining in good faith and we are on the brink of a meaningful agreement, and my presence in Copenhagen will make a difference in tipping us over the edge, then certainly that's something that I will do. 訳 もし、関係した全ての国が誠意を持って話し合い、そして我々は意味のある同意を前にしていて、且つコペンハーゲンでの私の存在がa difference in tipping us over the edgeを作るという確信があるなら、それならば私はやるだろう。 構造 1.最初のthatはI am confidentを説明。2.involvedはall of the countriesに対する分詞。  3.a difference in tipping us over the edgeが訳せず・・・。 4.それとここが自分では腑に落ちないのですが、一番最初のif「もし~ならば」に対しての、~だろう。と ifを受ける文章はthen以降でいいのでしょうか?thenの必要性も単なる強調? 5.最後の that's something that I will do.のthatは関係代名詞ですよね。somethingを説明といった感じ。 Kareen Abdul-Jabbar is being treated for a rare form of leukemia and the basketball great said his prognosis is encouraging. カリーム・アブドゥル=ジャバー 現在稀なタイプの白血病の治療を受けている。そして、「バスケットボールの偉人は言った」彼の病気の経過は希望を与えていると。 とこんな感じだと思うのですが、どうも納得いかないのが、かっこで括った部分とその後のhisなのですが、偉人がこの選手の事ならば、hisではなくmyにするべきではないかと。それとも何の脈絡もなくいきなり、「バスケットボールの偉人」というほかの誰かが登場しちゃってるのか・・・。どうも理解できないというか・・・・。 Citing the way Los Angeles Lakers teammate Magic Johnson brought awareness to HIV, Abdul-Jabbar said he wants to do the same for his form of blood cancer, which can be fatal if left untreated. こちらは単純に意味がわかりません。Abdul-Jabbar以降が特にわかりません。citing the wayは~の生き方を引き合いに出し、みたいな感じですか。それと、brought awareness to はHIVだと認識した。ってことですか。・・・とにかくわからないことだらけだ・・・・・・・。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 接続詞

接続詞の記号問題です。 答えが分かっても、その根拠が良く分からないものもありました。できれば解説も含めてお願いします。 6に関しては訳例があると助かります。 1 Make sure ( ) you have all your belongings with you. アin case イas if ウwhat エthat 2 Did you ever know ( ) it is to be in deep trouble? アwhat イwhich ウthat エof which 3 The news ( ) her son surprised the accident surprised us all. アabout イof ウwhich エthat 4 ( ) is more interested in melody than in rhythm is apparent from his compositions. アThat Paul Simon イWhat Paul Simon ウBecause Paul Simon エWhen Paul Simon 5 Young men today are unlike our generation ( ) they express their likes and dislikes clearly. アin which イin what ウin that エin case 6 When kids were asked ( ) form of media they had wanted to have on a desert island, electronics of all sorts were chosen over books and magazines. アhow イthat ウwhich エwhose

• 英文の訳をお願いします!

以下の英文が訳せなくて困ってます、、。すみませんが訳をお願い致します! The TWO MAIN TENDENCIES If film grows out of photography, the realistic and formative ten-dencies must be operative in it also.Is it by sheer accident that the two tendencies manifested themselves side by side immediately after the rise of the medium? As if to encompass the whole range of cinematic endeavors at the outset, each went the limit in exhausting its own possibilities.Their prototypes were Lumiere, a strict realist, and Melies, who gave free rein to his artistic imagination.The films they made embody, so to speak, thesis and antithesis in a Hegelian sense. Lumiere's films contained a true innovation, as compared with the repertoire of the zootropes or Edison's peep boxes ; they pictured everyday life after the manner of photographs. Some of his early pictures, such as Baby's Breakfast ( Le Dejeuner de bebe) or The Card Players (La Partie d'ecarte), testify to the amateur photographers's delight in family idyls and genre scenes. And there was Teasing the Gardener (L'Arroseur arrose), which enjoyed immense popularity because it elicited from the flow of everyday life a proper story with a funny climax to boot. A gardener is watering flowers and, as he unsuspectingly proceeds, an impish boy steps on the hose, releasing it at the very moment when his perplexed victim examines the dried-up nozzle. Water squirts out and hits the gardener smack in the face. Thet denouement is true to style, with the gerdener chasing and spanking the boy. This film, the germ cell and archetype of all film comedies to come, represented an imaginative attempt on the part of Lumiere to develop photog-raphy into a means of story telling. Yet the story was just a real-life incident. And it was precisely its photographic veracity which made Maxim Gorki undergo a shock-like experience. You think, he wrote about Teasing the Gardener, the spray is going to hit you too, and instinctively shrink back.

• 英文の邦訳をお願いします。

I have always regarded his statements in regard to the Treatise as unreliable. The effect of the violent disappointment he had about that was to arouse a complex in him which prevented him from being sensible on the matter for the rest of his life; his chief object being to cover up and to excuse. On looking into Birkbeck Hill I find that I am not alone in attributing this side to his character. Hill writes on page viii of his preface: “Hume, with a levity which is only found in a man who is indifferent to strict truthfulness. . .”. 上記英文の邦訳をお願い致します。

• この英文の日本語訳を教えてください

The next day,there were more people around his house He sent atelegram to the Foreign Ministry, He asked foy permission to issue visas, but permission was refused, He fried again dut received the same answer, After 10days, Sugihara finally decided to help them, He toid Yukiko that he was going to issue visas to the people yukiko knew the risks but told him that she agreed with his decision, Ill support you, she said, On July 29th, he announced to the crowd around his house, You will all get your visas! There was a short silen a big cry of joy, For the next 30 days, Sugihara wrote visas day and night, He smiled and said, The world is like a big wheel, We re all connected, We shouldn t fight each othel, We should join hands, Take care and good luck! On August 27th, he received a telegram from the Ministry, Close the office now and go to Berlin, On September 4th, Sugihara and his family got on a train for Berlin,Some people followed them to the platform, He continued to write visas even as he got on the train, He handed them out through the window, The dell rang and the train started to move, With tears in his eyes, Sugihara said, I cannot write and more, Forgive me,I will pray for your safety, One of them cried, Thank you, Mr,Sugihara, We will never forget you, The war ended in 1945, Sugihara returned to Japan and started working as a trader, Years later, in Angust 1968, he received a phone call from the Israeli Emdassy,It was from Mr, Nishri , an Israeli diplomat, Nr, Nishri met Sugihara and took out an old piece of paper, It was Sugihara s visa, You won t temember me, but I have never forgotten you, he said, Sugihara issued 2,139 visas to Jewish people in Lithuania, His actions saved more than 6,000 lives in total, 以上です 長くてすみません どうかお助けくださいm(_ _)m

• ブラウザで英文が文字化けしてしまいます

InternetExploreでNewYorkTimsを見ているのですが、どうしても下記のように文字化けして表示されてしまいます。これを直すにはどうしたらいいのでしょうか?私が現在使っているOSはWindowsXP、ブラウザはInternetExplore7.0で、いずれも最新状態です。 While they agree that some of General Musharraf痴 arguments have merit, they also argue that his attempts to hold on to power run the risk of placing his own political future above the nation痴. 的t may be a short-term Band-Aid for his own survival,・said a Western diplomat, speaking on condition of anonymity, 澱ut in the end ・or even the middle term ・it isn稚 going to contribute greatly to winning the war on terrorism.・/p>