• ベストアンサー

英語の作文でのwithの位置

I go to Sendai with Judy onWednesdays in summer.などの、~と一緒に を表すwith がarrive at ~ come to ~といった動詞のあとに来るのはわかりますが、arrive  with 人 at ~ やcome with 人 to ~としてはいけないのはなぜでしょうか。調べ方がわるいのか参考書にもないので悩んでいます。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

つまり、 I will arrive with my friend at the station. や He will come with my friend to the shopping mall. 等は「どうしていけないのか?」ですよね。 答えは、「決して駄目な訳ではありませんが」、上記の文では「駅に着く」「ショッピング・モールに来る」という主たる文意が弱められてしまうからではないでしょうか、この場合はそちらの方をより重視してこの場合下記のように「with my friend」は最後に置いた方が、、、、、、、 Tomorrow morning I will arrive at the station with my friend. や He will come to the shopping mall with my friend. とした方が「到着する」「来る予定である」と言うメイン語句が相手に明確に伝わると思われます。 文法が苦手なもので、これ以上は上手く説明できません(大泣) もし疑問がありましたら聞いて下さい。

その他の回答 (1)

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.2

一番です、、、、、、、ついでながら、、、、、、 at the station や to the shopping mall の後に修飾する語句が繋がっていてとても長くなるようなら、、 arrive with my friend come with my friend としても良いと言うより、した方が良いでしょう。 さもなければ、「with my friend」が最後の最後に来てしまいますので。

idmendou
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。学校の先生に聞くのもなんだか聞きづらいし、なんとなくいままで来てしまいましたので大変助かりました。本当に基本的な文法はわかるのにどうして疑問がでてしまうのか何ともやりきれないです。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の宿題が出ているのですが...

私は英語はとても苦手で(特に作文が)、今回英作文の宿題が出ているのですが(月曜日までなんです;;)... 和英辞書を片手に書いては見たものの、文の繋がりも文法的に見てもおかしいとは思うんですが、どう直せばいいのかわからないんです。。。 英作文をする際のコツとかってあるんでしょうか?それともやはり慣れでしょうか? 以下、とりあえず自力でやったものなんですが、直すべき所等を教えていただけるとありがたいです... I am going to go to Tokyo to travel with my family at the summer vacation of this year. We have formed a plan to do some shopping or carry out sightseeing. I consider to pleasure very much. Since many pleasant things occur the summer vacation of this year, I regard the summer vacation as very impatient. In order to enjoy the summer vacation, it does its best in study till then.

• 杜の都は英語でなんと言うか?

海外の友人へのメールの中で、仙台を紹介したいのですが、私の英文があっているかどうか自信がありません。 (1)「宮城の県庁所在地の仙台市は緑がたくさんあります。 (2)だから「杜の都」と呼ばれています。 (3)いつかあなたにも来て欲しいです。」 (1)There are a lot of green in Sendai which is the prefectural capital in Miygi.(←読みずらい文章のような気がしますが、他にいい表現はないでしょうか?There are であっていますか?is でしょうか?) (2)So Sendai is called "Mori no Miyako". It means "The city of green".(←「杜の都」はどう表現したらよいのでしょうか。 (3)I would you like to come to Sendai someday.(← この表現は丁寧でしょうか?) それとも I recommend you to come to Sendai. こんな感じでOKでしょうか? おわかりになる方どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英語について

「私はあなたと一緒に行きたい」を英語でどう言いますか? I\'d like to go with you.とI want to go with you.ってどっちが正しいですか?教えて下さい。

• ☆★京大英作文添削お願いします★☆(3)

'10年京大前期の英作文の問題の添削をお願いします。 問題は画像で添付いたしましたので、そちらを参照ください。 I was pleased with a trip by train when I was a child. I felt excited just to ride on trains for many hours in visiting my grandparents during my summer vacation. Now, I do not feel as excited at seeing a long-distance train as I did in childhood. However, I clearly remember that various trains come and go for many parts of Japan on the platforms at the great station; I sometimes think of my special excitement that I felt when a train departs.

• 持っていく に withは おかしいですか

簡単な質問ですみません。 「部品を持ってお伺いします。」 といいたいのですが、  I will visit you with the part. とか  I will take the part to you with me. はおかしいですか? やはり I will go to your company to bring the part. の方がよいのでしょうか? ちょっとしたことがわかりません。 お願いします。

• 英語が合っているか見てください。

Narrative の文書です 間違っていたら、訂正お願いいたします。 On Fridays, I get up at 9:00 am. My mother leaves for work at 8:00 and my brother goes to school early in the morning so I get up by myself. I only have third class on Friday so I don’t have to get up early but I get up two hours before I have to leave. As soon as get up, I go downstairs and get dressed, prepare breakfast myself and eat in front of the TV, checking my email on my smart phone. After breakfast I wash my face, brush my teeth, make up my face and tie up my hair. The third-period class is an English class and we always have a test at the beginning so when I am ready to go to college, I study for the test for an hour and I leave the house at 10:45 am . I walk to the station 15 minutes and get on the train 11:05am.When I arrive at Nagoya station at 12:03 pm, I change train and get on Higashiyama line subway to go to college. It takes 20 minutes to arrive at Hoshigaoka station from Nagoya station. I have to walk about 15 minutes to college after get off the subway. When I arrive at class, I eat chocolate for between meals. After between meals, I study for the test for about 45 minutes and sometimes I talking with my college friend who takes the same English class until 1:30 pm. I always meet my friend at college’s one floor near the elevator after finish the class at3:00 pm to go to part time job with my college friend by subway. We work at Nagoya station’s underground McDonald near silver clock . We get off the subway, buy eat between meals at Ministop near our office and talking with her over eating it at office. Change clothes and go our shop. I work as register or making drink or preparing food. After finish job, we change clothes and eat dinner at MacDonald’s because we work at there , we can buy 30 percent discount the day. I talk about school or friends or who we interested in over eating dinner with my friend about 30 minutes. After finish eating dinner We walk to Nagoya station for 15 minutes and say good-bye then. I take train and sleep on the train, my mother picks me up when I arrive at my local station about 11:15 pm. I wash my hands and take a bath as soon as I arrive at my house. After take a bath I brash my teeth and blow my hair. I up stairs to go to bed and say good night to my mother. Before fall asleep I always check my cell phone whether I get email from my friend or not. After that I prepare clothes for tomorrow’s part time job and set alarm for 8:30am. I see twitter and tweet or just check my friend’s tweet. I fall asleep after check my shift and what time I have to get up.

• 訪ねたいって英語で言いたい

相手から(今度海外へ帰るので帰ったら) わたしを訪ねに来ませんか? Will you come to visit me? That would be nice.  と言われたら 答えは? (Souns nice.) I am coming. I'd love to come.(go) That would be great. I am looking forward to it. I would love to come visit you in (場所の名前) と考えましたが それぞれどんな感じで聞こえてきますか?

• I think to go to Hokkaido in the summer. これって間違いですか?

久しぶりに高校時代使っていた問題集を開いて暇つぶしに解いていたら問題の一つで ん?と思いました。辞書で調べてみましたが、わかりません。 I ( ) to Hokkaido in the summer. (1) am going (2) think to go 正解は (1)I am going to Hokkaido in the summer. だそうです。 (2)のthink to go って何が間違っているんでしょうか? I'm thinking to go to Hokkaido in the summer. って進行形にすればいい話でもないですよね… わかる方お願いします。

• 「Go with me!」って言いますか?

某パンメーカーのキャンペーンで、点数シールを集めてバッグがもらえるんですが、そのバッグに書いてある英語が気になっています。 「Go with me!」って書いてあるんですが、そういう言い方ってするものでしょうか? 何か変な感じがします。 「一緒に行こう」と言うとしたら「Come with me!」または「Let's go!」なのではないでしょうか? 「me」がバッグのことで、バッグが「出かけるときに連れて行ってね」と言いたいのだったら「Take me with you!」なのではないでしょうか? 周りの人に聞いても「Go with me!」は別に変だと感じないようで、私が気にしすぎなのでしょうか?

• 英語の和訳

和訳を教えて下さい。 I like summer vacation better. I have three reasons. First, summer vacation is longest than winter vacation. So we can go on a long trip. Second, we have more sunlight. We can play sports for longer hours. Last, we can enjoy fireworks at night. Watching fireworks is the best thing to do in summer. So I'm looking forward to the next summer vacation.