• ベストアンサー

英作文 イチロー関係

イチローが9年連続200本安打を打ちましたが、それに関連して 「もし、調子がよければ、来期、10年連続に記録を伸ばすだろう。」 という文を英作してみましたが、以下の文で不自然なことはないでしょうか? If his condition is good, he might break his own record to ten consecutive seasons next season.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.2

文法の問題ではありませんが、「もし、調子がよければ」というフレーズは日本語では普通ですが英語にしてみると少し当たり前のことを言い過ぎていて冗長なのかなという印象を持ちました。healthy とか、if Ichiro does not lose his speed とか、Suzuki, who turns 36 next month, would とか内容を工夫すると良いという気がします。is よりは remains が良いかなと思いました。can は「能力がある」意味なので使わない方がベターです。in 2010 は next year でも構いません。 後半は break his own record to ... という部分が少し奇妙なので次のように修正してみました。"break his record and create ..." といった表現でも構いません。 -----If Ichiro remains in good condition in 2010, he would create a record with 10 consecutive 200-hit seasons, breaking his own record.

Yoshi0428
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 he would create a recordなんて、とても思いつきませんでした。 breaking his own recordの部分は分子構文なんですか? よく文末に上記のような -, -ing XXX. という付けたし的は表現をみるのですが、自分で使うときは何だが自信がもてません。

その他の回答 (1)

• shiroha
  • ベストアンサー率39% (20/51)
回答No.1

If he can keep his good condition ってどうですか?

Yoshi0428
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 参考にさせていただきます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文法の問題4問教えて頂けますか?

(    )に入る英文を教えてください。 1 Though he was an old man, he worked in his field every day. ( )( ) ( ) he was, he worked in his field every day. 2 He was arrested because he had not paid his taxes for ten years. He was arrested for ( )( ) paid his taxes for ten years. 3 I hope that you will find a good job soon. ( ), you will find a good job soon. 4 昨日新宿で誰に会ったと思いますか。とても驚いたことに、去年ニューヨークで知り合った女の子で した。(英語にして頂けますか?2文目はしてみたのですが、添削してもらえますか?)     To my surpise, she was a girl whom I met in NY last year. 以上です。よろしくお願いいたします。

• so ~ that ではなく、

When Sam's condition improved enough that he could move around on his own, the doctor permitted him to go for walks in the park next to the hospital. この前受けた英検2級の問題に上のような文がありました。 これは、so ~ that ... の変形と考えてもいいのでしょうか?あまりお目にかかったことがなかったので。

• 英作文の採点をお願いします。

英作文の採点をお願いします。英検準一級を受けようと思っています。英検の問題集に載っていた問題です。これだと14点満点中何点くらい取れるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。 ~問題~ E-MAIL Dear Izumi, I hope you're well. I read an interesting article about technology yesterday. It said that many people here in the U.K. are now choosing to get college degrees by studying online. Do you think online courses are good way to study? The article also said that in Japan, many parents buy cell phones for their young kids. in your opinion, is it necessary for children to have cell phones? When I was on the train today, the man next to me was talking on his cell phone. Do you think people should be banned from using cell phones on public transportation? I look forward to your reply. Josh ~回答~ Dear Josh, It was nice to hear from you! Let me answer your questions. First, in my opinion, online studying isn't a better way. It's important to study with other many students and talk with them. Regarding Second question,although It's fact that many parents do that, I think children don't have to have their own cell phones. They're not necessary for them. Using cell phones on train must be banned. There also are many people who want to get sleep on public transportation. Cell phones' sounds are so noisy, and prevent their sleep.People who use cell phones must be careful. Take care, Izumi

• 英作文の添削を

課題で、"A Part-time Job for Me"というタイトルの英作文をしました。 文法的な間違いや、不自然な表現がなく、ちゃんと意味が通るかどうか不安なので、添削をしていただきたいと思い、投稿しました。 よろしくお願いします。 I don’t work part-time now.   Because I’m very busy with study now and I cannot find an offer of a part-time job that condition conforms to me, nearby my house. However, it is not that I don't work at all.  My relative sometimes asks me to mow the grass of the field and vacancy.  And she asks me help with the final income tax return at the end of the year.  Another relative, cannot use computer, sometimes asks me to make documents with a Microsoft Office Word.  The member of a municipal assembly of the acquaintance’s husband of my father asks me to create his Website.  The reward of these work is more expensive than the wage of the general part-time job.  However, there are few incomes because there is little work. I will want to do work of distributing mails at the post office in next winter vacation if I work part-time.  I've ever done this work when I was a tenth grader, and this work was pleasant.  And there is a post office near my house.  I can go there by bicycle in about thirty minutes. It is not suitable to deliver mails for me.  When I worked once to deliver mails by bicycle, I took time very much to finish work because I cannot ride a motor bicycle.  So I delivered it by bicycle.  But I ran slow by bicycle.  And I wasn’t good to learn the route very much.   Therefore the vice-postmaster changed my work into distributing mails.  This work was easier than delivering mails.  It was worm in post office and I was able to have confectionery, oranges, juice and for a break.  But my wage was higher than the other part-time worker because the wage of the postman was applied even after work changed because at first I was adopted as the postman that is higher wage than worker of distributing mails.  So I was able to work easily and get much money.

• 英作文添削お願いします。

課題の英作文をどなたか添削していただけませんか? うまく思いつかなかった部分は☆付きで日本文のみ書きましたので、訳していただけると助かります。 My exciting experience is watching a baseball game. 私の興奮した経験は、野球観戦です。 Last month, I went to a game at Tokyo Dome with my boyfriend. 先月、彼と東京ドームに野球を見にいきました。 It was Yomiuri Giants versus Rakuten Golden Eagles game. 巨人対楽天戦でした。 I'm not good at sports, but I really like to watch baseball. 私は運動が苦手だけど、見るのは好きです。 Incidentally, I'm a Giants fan. ちなみに私はジャイアンツファンです。 My father always watching a baseball game at home,he is great Giants fan. 私の父親は家ではいつも野球を見ていて、大の巨人ファンです。 ☆だから、私も巨人ファンになったのだと思います。 The game on that day was very wonderful. その日の試合はとてもすばらしいものでした。 The Yomiuri Giants southpaw tossed a no-hitter in a 2-0 victory over the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles. ジャイアンツのサウスポーが、楽天に対し2-0の勝利でノーヒットノーランを達成しました。 The pitcher is a player of Toshiya Sugiuchi. その投手は杉内俊哉選手です。 Sugiuchi was mixing with his fastball and slider, and retired the first 26 batters he faced. 杉内は彼の速球とスライダーを混ぜ、26人の打者をアウトにしました。 But he walked pinch hitter Toshiya Nakashima from a 3-2 count with two outs in the ninth. しかし、彼は9回2死3-2カウントで、ピンチヒッターの中島俊哉を歩かせてしまいました。 He kept his cool and successfully struck out the next batter to complete the no-hitter. 彼は冷静さを保ち、次のバッターを首尾よく三振させ、ノーヒットノーランを達成させました。 It was the 86th no-hitter overall. これは史上86度目のノーヒットノーラン達成でした。 He is tossed a no-hitter in Koshien at high school days. 彼は高校時代にも甲子園でノーヒットノーランを達成しています。 ☆高校野球の全国大会とプロ野球の両方での達成は史上初です。 At that time, I was excited very much. そのとき、私はすごく興奮していました。 The Dome was packed with excited spectators. ドームは興奮した観客でいっぱいでした。 ☆完全試合を逃したのは悔しいけれど、とても感動しました。 ☆この日に見に行くことが出来て幸せでした。 I want to go to see again. また見に行きたいです。 以上です。よろしくお願いします><

• "natural" に特別なプラスの意味あいはありますか?

イチロー200本安打達成の記事のなかである人が"Ichiro is a natural"と言っていますが、これは naturalのあとにoutfielderが省略されていると捉えるべきなのか、natural自体に褒め言葉としての属性をもつのかどちらでしょうか? http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0aA--?gid=240826112&prov=ap Suzuki has earned the respect of his competition. ``The guy is unreal,'' Kansas City manager Tony Pena said. ``Not only is he a great hitter, but he's a real good all-around player. He's a good outfielder who can run and throw. He's a natural.''

• 訳し方について、

A man whom I have known for over ten years is going to quit the company(which/that)he now works for next month to start his own business. 上記の英文の訳は、(僕の10年来の知り合いである男性は自分のビジネスを始めるために来月           現在勤めてる会社を辞める予定だ。) となっていました。(which/that)の箇所がandか、コンマwhichが来ると主のですけど? company以降をどう訳していけばいいのか解説をお願いします。 よろしくお願いします。

• 語彙問題について質問させてください。

問題をやっていて迷う所があるので質問させてください。 [1]You might as well relax.It is a ( ) five hours until the next train. 1.sufficient 2.enough 3.good 4.great enoughだろうと思ったのですが、「たっぷり5時間もある」というニュアンスでgoodなんかもいけるのかなぁと迷っています。 [2]I could go alone, but I would prefer to ( ) come with me. 1.have Bob 2.have Bob to 3.get Bob 4.get to Bob これは使役の問題として考えたら良いのか、「ボブも連れて行く」というニュアンスでhaveやgetが使われる場合の問題として考えたら良いのか・・・ [3]I hope this weather will ( ) good. 1.preserve 2.maintain 3.stay 4.do 天気という無生物主語の時も意味だけで考えればよいのでしょうか? [4]If the holiday ( ) on a Saturday,we usually get the next Monday off. 1.falls 2.goes 3.turns 4.sets 祝日も「設置されている」と考えて4で良いですか? [5]My brother`s team has won this race for the last three years ( ). 1.succeeding 2.running 3.consecutive 4.continuing 4だと思っているのですが、はっきりした根拠が無いです・・・ よろしくお願いします。

• 所有格 'sについて教えてください。

所有格 'sについて教えてください。 So we might say to the skeptic's question that a baby is good for learning language. のskeptic's questionなのですが、 そのまま訳すと 「懐疑派たちの質問」となりますが、 「懐疑派たちに与えられた質問」と解釈することは可能でしょうか? というのも、この文は文章の一番最後なんですが、 一番最初の文に Thomas A. Edison is supposed to have parried the question of a skeptic who wanted to know what one of his fledgling inventions was good for by asking "What good is a baby" とあり、質問を受けたのは懐疑派達の方だと解釈したので、 『懐疑派たちの質問』と訳すと矛盾するなぁ。と悩みだした次第です。 お分かりの方いらっしゃいましたらお願いします。

• この文の和訳お願いします!

この文の和訳お願いします! <(_ _)> In today's class, I learned everyone had his or her opinions. I thought each one was right and it was very important to exchange our own opinions through discussion. ( ) opinions helped me to find a new way of thinking. ( )の中にはsameかmyかnextかdifferentのどれかがはいるみたいですが、よくわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。