• ベストアンサー

高校英語

For what I then saw, I have no words; I can but dream of the still loveliness of the bloomed valley. この文の出だし、 倒置なのは分かるのですが、最初のForなんなのですか? I have no words for what I then sawからの倒置で合っているでしょうか? このForはwhat以下が前に来たため、それにあわせてForもwhatの前に来ただけでしょか?どなたか解説お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2

For what I then saw, I have no words; =I have no words for what I then saw; ということでいいと思います。 what以下は前置詞for の目的語ですから、文頭に持ってくる場合は全部一緒に持ってくるのが普通でしょう。 例えば I saw an apple on the desk. という文でon the desk を文頭に持ってきて On the desk I saw an apple. とはなりますが、The desk I saw an apple on. とはなりませんよね。 それと同じです。

arckuresu3
質問者

お礼

詳しい説明をありがとうございました。よく理解できました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

For all I know,... For all I can see,... For what it is,... For what I know,... と共通しているのではないでしょうか。接続語として解釈してみませんか?

arckuresu3
質問者

お礼

なるほど。ありがとうございました。接続詞として考え、もう一度トライしてみます。

関連するQ&A

• 高校英語です。文法教えてください!

The meeting will start when my boss ( ). →will arrive , arrives , arrived ,will have arrived 適語はどれでしょうか。根拠も教えて下さい! There is no ( ) what is going to happen in my feature. →telling , telling that 適語はどちらでしょうか。根拠も教えて下さい! (   )内に入る共通語句を教えてください。 The car's previous owner didn't take very good ( ) of it. Whould you ( ) for some apple juice? You may stay until morning , if you ( ). Where on earth have they gone? ----I ( )I knew!!!

• 英語の対話文

次の対話文の空所に入れる文として適当なものはどれですか? (in a bookstore) A: I’m looking for an English dictionary.There are a lot of dictionaries here. I can’t choose. B: ( ) A: Yes,I do. I have one for beginners. B: Then, how about this one? (1) Are you a beginner of English? (2)What kind of dictionary do you want? (3)Do you learn another language? (4)Do you already have any English dictionaries?

• おかしい英訳のご指摘をお願いします。

おもいっきり日本語英語ですが、使い方がおかしいものやネイティブには意味がわかりづらそうな所がありましたら、ご指導お願いします。 英語をもっと勉強したいので、手厳しい意見もよろしくおねがいします(^^; I have learned to be active and to continue what I have decided. Concretely, I negotiated with the major supermarket, Wal-Mart about dealing in Japanese foods. Since the person of accounts was reluctant to deal in Japanese foods at the beginning of the negotiation, so I drew up and showed data on how many people need Japanese foods or what kind of foods are requested. The negotiations resulted in a success. Then, sales of Asian foods skyrocketed and Japanese students enjoyed the variety of foods. Mentioning continuing what I have decided, I have leaned English words steady from my high school-hood. The number of words I studied reaches 15000 words.

• 英語の訳を教えて下さい!

I STILL HAVE LOVE FOR YOU THOUGH… の正確な意味が分かる方教えて下さい!

• 至急英文和訳お願いします。

Choosing words is part of the process of realization, of defining our thoughts and feelings for ourselves, as well as for those who hear or read our words. Someone once remarked: `How can I know what I think till I see what I say?' 訳していて、途中で挫折してしまいました。 何方か力を貸してください。よろしくお願いします。

• この英語であっていますか?

ずっと探していたものを見つけた I found something that I have been searching for 愛がないなんて人生じゃない No love No life

• 英語の得意な皆さんならどう訳されますか?

いつもお世話になり、ありがとうございます。 英語の得意な皆さんならどう英訳されるか伺いたいです。 よろしくお願いします。 色々な国の言葉を覚えて、挨拶だけでもいいから話せる様になりたい。 I want to learn lots of foreign languages and to learn at least words for greeting. 英単語を覚えるのも一苦労だけど、英語以外の言葉は尚更頭に入らない。 I have a hard time learning English words, much less words in other languages.

• No matter what...

「No matter what・・・」辞書で見ると、「たとえ~しようとも」ですが、 いまいちしっくり来ないというか、使い方が良く分かりません。たまに耳にするので便利な表現なんだとは思いますが、いざ使うとなるとなかなか。。。 いくつか例文(日常会話で出てきそうな)を頂けたら嬉しく思います。 あと、この使い方合ってますか? I have to go to school today, no matter what I get something wrong. I'll be there no matter what I have any kind of problems. よろしくお願いします。

• 明日急遽英語のスピーチをすることになりました

将来の夢を話すのですが、 以下のようにまとめてみました。 文法など誤りがあったり、 言い回しがおかしかったら訂正お願いします。 Hello! Myname is ○○. Today,I will talk about my dream. My dream is to become one of staff members of the United Nations. There is hardly any reason for my dream. But I'm just fond of Mathematics and English. So,when I thought about my dream,that was it. I have two goals to make my dream come true. First,I have to make more and more efforts for studying every subject to be admitted to a private university in Tokyo. Second,after I enter university I would be have to study not only Mathematics and English but also economics. In conclusion,I will work for the United Nations as a officer in the future. In closing,I would like to thank you for listening so attentively. 以上です。お願いします。

• 英語の和訳

1:Miki and her family must be out of town. I have called several times,but there is no answer. 2:This electric machine did not function properly when it was delivered to my house. It must have been brokenduring shipping. 3:He can't be watching TV. There are no programs today because of the strike. 4:I saw Mr. Yamada at Shinjuku Station this morning. You couldn't have. He's still on vacation in Hawaii. 5:Jim had a skiing accident,but he's all right. He's lucky,because he could have hurt himself badly. 6:This is a very important meeting. You ought not to miss it.