The Importance of Table Manners: A Father’s Influence

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn about the influence of a father's strict table manners on a child and how it shapes their perspective on etiquette.
  • Discover the impact of having good table manners on building strong relationships.
  • Explore the role of parents in teaching table manners and the importance of setting a good example.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の添削お願いします。

この文章を添削していただけませんか? 「父は昔、テーブルマナーに厳しかったが、現在は注意しなくなった。」という内容です。 特に、時制は正しいかを知りたいです。 長文ですが、よろしくお願いします。  My father would often say to me, “Table manners are important for you.” When I was a child, my father was strict on table manners. He was always stern with me, but he was especially fastidious about table manners. For example, he said, “Don’t put your elbow on the table.”or “Don’t speak while eating anything.” These examples are general table manners. That is why he used to make a big fuss over my table manners, every time I ate.  Furthermore, My father was pedantic about even trivial matters. For instance, he said, “Don’t leave even a single grain.” This was really difficult for me. When I finished eating, I had to show my rice bowl to my father, because he wanted to check if I had eaten every grain of rice. If hadn't, I had to eat again. This bothered me, but I now realize that eating even the last grain of rice was to show my respect for a person who had cooked for me.  I hated such my father when I was a child. However, as I got older, he no longer told me about my table manners. Probably, this was because he could not find any faults in my table manners which I must have improved since. Now, I can understand his strictness on table manners. Mealtimes are not only the time when we eat something but also the time when we can enhance friendship with someone. Good table manners make the other feel good, but bad manners hurt their feelings. Therefore table manners are very important.  Thanks to my father, I don’t have any problems about them. These days, parents are not strict on table manners. However, I think that parents should show good table manners to their children. I want to be a father who is strict on table manners like my father in the future.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

My father often said to me, “Table manners are important for you.” When I was a child, my father was strict on table manners. He was always stern with me; he was especially fastidious about the manners. For instance, he said “Don’t put your elbow on the table.” or “Don’t speak while eating.” These are the examples of general table manners that he used to make a big fuss every time I ate dinner.  Furthermore, my father was pedantic about even trivial matters. For instance, he said, “Don’t leave even a single grain.” This was really difficult for me. When I finished eating, I had to show my rice bowl to my father, because he wanted to check if I had eaten every single grain of rice. If hadn't, I had to eat all left over. This bothered me, but I now realize that finishing the last grain of rice was to show my respect for a person who had cooked for me.  I hated such a (myでも正しかもしれませんが・・) father when I was a child. However, as I got/had gotten older, he no longer corrected my table manners. Probably, this was because he could not find any faults of my manners which might have been improved since my childhood. Now, I can understand his strictness on the table manners. Mealtimes are not only the time when we eat something but also the time when we enhance friendship with someone. Good table manners make others feel good, but bad manners may hurt their feelings. Therefore it is very important to have the good manners.  Thanks to my father, I don’t have any problem(s) on it. In these days, parents are not strict on table manners. However, I think that parents should show good manners to their children. I want to be a father like my father who is strict on table manners in the future.

関連するQ&A

• 【英語】作文の添削お願いします 

テーマ:印象に残っている贈り物 Most impressing present in my life is a watch that my father gave me when I passed the exam to enter the high school. My father used the watch before I was born, and he wouldn't put away it even though he was given a new watch by my mother and sister. I think the watch will have been very important for my father. So, I was very surprised when he gave it to me. At first, I hesitated to receive it, but I received it in the end because my father said with smiling that "I use this new watch". The watch was what my mother and sister gave him. My watch and my father's watch is very different because mine is very old and father's is new. However both of them are filled with love of my family. 文法や構成について指摘してください。

• 英語の添削をお願いいたします。

My fatherというタイトルです My father sells car parts. He works every day.He never takes a day off. This is because he works for me. I can go to university because he works for me. Therefore,I am grateful to him. 変なところありますか?ご指摘お願いします。

• 英語の問題について

古い英文学なのですが、この物語の中の父親の人物像について、どのようなものだと書かれていますか? 書かれている部分とその意味を教えてください。 Father made a great point of our getting down to breakfast on time. I meant to be prompt, but it never occurred to me that I had better try to be early. My idea was to slide into the room at the last moment. Consequently, I often was late. My brothers were often late, too, with the exception of George. He was the only thoroughly reliable son Father had. George got down so early, Father pointed out to me, that he even had time to practise a few minutes on the piano. The reason George was so prompt was that he was in a hurry to see the sporting page before Father got hold of the newspaper, and the reason he then played the piano was to signal to the rest of us, as we dressed, which team had won yesterday’s ball game. He had made up a code for this purpose, and we leaned over the banisters, pulling on our stockings and shoes, to hear him announce the results. I don’t remember now what the titles were of the airs he selected, but the general idea was that if he played a gay, lively air it meant that the Giants had won, and when the strains of a dirge or lament floated up to us, it meant that Pop Anson had beaten them. As Father didn’t approve of professional baseball, we said nothing to him about this arrangement. He led his life and we led ours, under his nose. He took the newspaper away from George the moment he entered the room, and George said good morning to him and stepped innocently into the parlour. Then, while Father watched him through the broad doorway and looked over the political headlines, George banged out the baseball news for us on the piano. Father used to admonish him with a chuckle not to thump it so hard, but George felt that he had to. We were at the top of the house, and he wanted to be sure that we’d hear him even if we were brushing our teeth. George always was thorough about things. He not only thumped the piano as hard as he could but he hammered out the tune over and over besides, while Father impatiently muttered to himself, “Trop de zèle.” Upstairs, there was usually some discussion as to what kind of news George was sending. He had not been allowed to learn popular tunes, which it would have been easy for us to recognize, and the few classic selections which were available in his little music-book sounded pretty much alike at a distance. George rendered these with plenty of goodwill and muscle but not a great deal of sympathy. He regarded some of the rules of piano-playing as needlessly complicated. The fact remained that he was the one boy who was always on time, and Father was so pleased by this that he bought a watch for him with “George Parmly Day, Always on Time” engraved on the back. He told me that as I was the eldest he had meant to give me a watch first, and he showed me the one he had bought for me. It was just like George’s except that nothing had been engraved on it yet. Father explained that to his regret he would have to put it away for a while, until I had earned it by getting down early to breakfast. Time went on, without much improvement on my part. Dawdling had got to be a habit with me. Sometimes my lateness was serious. One morning, when breakfast was half over and I had nothing on but a pair of long woollen drawers, Father called up from the front hall, napkin in hand, that he wouldn’t stand it and that I was to come down that instant. When I shouted indignantly that I wasn’t dressed yet, he said he didn’t care. “Come down just as you are, confound it!” he roared. I was tempted to take him at his word, but thought there might be some catch in it and wouldn’t, though I hurried, of course, all I could. Father ate his usual hearty breakfast in a stormy mood, and I ate my usual hearty breakfast in a guilty and nervous one. Come what might, we always ate heartily. I sometimes wished afterward that I hadn’t, but it never seemed to hurt Father.

• 英語の問題で分らないのがあるので教えてください。

空所に入る最も適切な語句を選んでください。 [1]John asked me ( ) would leave. (1)that you (2)that I (3)when I 次の(1)(2)の英文がほぼ同じ意味になるように、空所に適切な語を入れてください。 [2] (1)He said to us, "Please don`t wait for me if I am late." (2)He asked us ( ) ( ) wait for him if he was late. [3] (1)She said, "Let`s leave the baggage at the station." (2)She ( ) that ( ) should leave the baggage at the station. [4] (1)My father said to me, "I`m going to repair the fence. Help me, please." (2)My father told to me that ( ) was going to repair the fence and asked me ( ) help ( ).

• 英文添削をお願いします

次の添削をお願いします。 言いたいこと: その映像(it)をみて、私はそこへ父に連れて行ってもらい彼を手伝ったことを思い出しました。 英語: It reminded me when I had had my father take me there to help him. whenでいいのかとかそれ以下の流れなんかが不安です。よろしくお願いします。

• [英語]()に入るものを教えて下さい><

1. Two years () since George came to Japan. (1) pass (2) are passed (3) have passed (4) are passing 2. I have no idea when she () next time. (1) had come (2) has come (3) came (4) will come 3. My grandfather () for three years. (1) was dead (2) has died (3) has been died (4) has been dead 4. I () waiting for him for thirty minutes when he appeared. (1) am (2) was (3) have been (4) had been 5. Don't call me at nine tonight, please. I () at that time. (1) was studying (2) studied (3) had studied (4) will be studying 6. Next time I () to the library, I'll get that book for you. (1) go (2) will go (3) had gone (4) will have gone 7. We'll be leaving as soon as everyone (). (1) had arrived (2) arrived (3) has arrived (4) will have arrived 8. My mother () at the hospital when she was young. (1) worked (2) has worked (3) has been working (4) is working

• 英語の添削お願いします

こんにちは。 来週のspeakingの授業でスピーチをすることになりました。 お題は「大切な友達について」です。 内容は書き終えたのですが、自分の文章が100%合ってるか自信がありません(むしろ、間違いの方が多いと思います。) 自分でも、一応見なおしたのですが、客観的な見地からの意見が欲しいです。 どうか添削お願いします。 I’ll introduce my friend,(name) We have known each other since elementary school days. When we were junior high school students, we joined same tennis club. That's why I know him a lot. He has two characteristics, Kindness and glutton. (Glutton means a person who eat food very much.) First, I’ll explain how kind he is. When I was a fifth grader, I played tag with my friends. (In order) to run away from it, I hid myself under the bridge. Then I made mistake and fell from three meters above, and I put my hands on the ground and had my wrists broken. Due to the accident, I thought that I spent terrible days for a month in elementary school. I couldn’t really take notes, go to the toilet, put on P,E uniform and so on. However, (my friend's name) always supported me. Without him, I couldn’t enjoy my school life for the month. I thanked his kindness and wanted support him, if he was in trouble. Second I’ll explain how gluttonous he is. He really eats very much. Whenever I hang out with him, he goes to McDonald's. Even when we should share cakes, potato chip and other snack, he eats them almost by himself. He is very kind, but I think he should stop the habit of eating so much. I hope that he don’t ruin himself for glutton. 「kind」の内容と「glutton」の内容のバランスの悪さは承知の上です。 二分間という制限なのでこの程度が適当ではないかと思いました。 (  )部分は友人の名前が入るのですが、友人の名前は非公開にさせていただきました。

• 英作文の添削

英作文の添削をお願いします ①よい席を取りたかったので、早めに劇場へ行った Since I had taken a good seat, I went to theater. ②通勤列車がとても混んでいたので、ずっと立っていなければならなかった I had standing all the time because commuter train was very crowded. ③父の車は修理してあるので、バスで仕事に行く必要はない Now that my father’s car is repaired,I don’t need go to job by bus. ④彼の家に行ったとき、彼が留守だったのでがっかりした I was disappointed when I went to his house because he was absenced. たくさんありますが、よろしくお願いします

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I paid for my purchases and was rearranging things in my purse when the little boy came up to the cashier. The cashier rang up his purchases and then said, "Congratulations, you are my hundredth customer today, and you win a prize!"With that, she handed the little boy the Pokemon game, and he could only stare in disbelief. It was, he said, exactly what he had wanted!  The little girl and her father had been standing at the doorway during all of this, and I saw the biggest, prettiest, toothless grin on that little girl that I have ever seen in my life.    As I walked back to my car in amazement over what I had just witnessed, I heard the father ask his daughter why she had done that."Daddy, didn't Grandma and Grandpa want me to buy something that would make me happy?"He said, "Of course they did, honey."the little girl replied, "Well, I just did!"

• 「英文添削していただけますか?」

「英文添削していただけますか?」 下記の日本文を英文に訳しましたが、おかしな表現がないかアドバイスいただけたら 助かります。ちょっと長くてすみません。。。とくに過去完了などの時制がわかりません。  「父の日に御父さんにネクタイをあげて、ケーキといくつか料理を家族につくってあげたの。  昨日は一日中料理してた・・ 私は父が仕事でいつもいそがしかったから、子供のころ父と  遊んだことがないの。かれは相変わらず今もいそがしいけど。  とにかく、あなたがお父さんと楽しい時間が過ごせていたらいいな。(向こうは父の日の夜なので)  ところで、9月に友人の結婚式でグアムにいくの。 ハワイでなくて残念。。。  (メールの相手がハワイなので)」 「 I gave a tie to my father on father's day and I made a cake and some dishes for my family last night. I cooked all day yesterday.. I had never play with my father when I was child that he was always busy with his work. He is busy now as well though... Anyway, I hope you had a great time with your father today. Btw, I'm going to Guam in Sep for my friend's wedding. That's too bad its not Hawaii... 」